Triangle Strategy reviews coming in - 84 at MC

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

There is story in the demo, but that wasn't that focus of the demo. Twinblade always expect the demo to give you the full story beats, or show you all the gameplay mechanics. 

A demo is always a small slice of thr game. And 10 out of 10 times it's more gameplay focused than story focused. 

You’re still wrong. Did you even play the demo? It’s probably 70% story and 30% actual gameplay, yet somehow you’re trying to tell me the story wasn’t the focus…

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did. I don't like it as much as octopath

It justice doesn't draw me in. The voice acting is kind of annoying. I'm sure it's a fine game but the style just feels worn out now. Once was enough 

i just did specify it. and technically i compared this more to tactics advance on gba, which i also played a similar amount (~5 hours) before turning it off and selling it.

I've been watching plenty of random playthrough videos of Triangle Strategy and it's definitely a cutscene/dialogue heavy game from what I've seen. 70% Story and 30% Gameplay really isn't an exaggeration on Twinblade's part, I'd say it's pretty damn accurate. Or at least that's what it's like for the first half of the game, maybe that dynamic changes in the second half.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

You’re still wrong. Did you even play the demo? It’s probably 70% story and 30% actual gameplay, yet somehow you’re trying to tell me the story wasn’t the focus…

The meat and potatoes of the story won't be in the demo doofus, a demo is a small slice of the full game. 

Edited by Goukosan
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The meat and potatoes of the story won't be in the demo doofus, a demo is a small slice of the full game. 

You literally said the story wasn't the focus of the demo, yet I just told you that it makes up MOST of the demo.

Are you really this dumb?

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You literally said the story wasn't the focus of the demo, yet I just told you that it makes up MOST of the demo.

Are you really this dumb?

The ending of that sentence says - 

"Twinblade always expect the demo to give you the full story beats" 

In further responses I clarified further - 

"The meat and potatoes of the story won't be in the demo." 

As it turns out the story beats are much better than and the meat and potatoes are in the main game than the demo. 

Who would have thought that? .... Amazing :dame:

30 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The ending of that sentence says - 

"Twinblade always expect the demo to give you the full story beats" 

In further responses I clarified further - 

"The meat and potatoes of the story won't be in the demo." 

As it turns out the story beats are much better than and the meat and potatoes are in the main game than the demo. 

Who would have thought that? .... Amazing :dame:

Did i really break you so much in the political club that you’re continuing to pick arguments with me on things you know nothing about? Demos are supposed to show off what people can expect from a game, Triangle Strategy’s does a poor job of that. It’s really not rocket science.

But the real ''meat and potatoes'' of the story wasn't in the demo so you cannot make an assessment of the quality of the storyline and presentation from said demo - Cuckosan :killzone:

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Remij said:

I agree with you in a general sense.. but, correct me if I'm wrong here as I don't know a single thing about the Triangle Strategy demo... but isn't it just the starting hours of the game?

It doesn't seem like they went out of their way to select a particularly special section of the game to catch people's attention..   The problem with that however, is that the beginning of the game SHOULD be something that catches a person's attention and draw them into the story.

Of course some games take time to build up and get going.. so that's always a thing to consider.  Anyway, Twinky likes it after playing more of it.. and all's well that ends well.

yea the demo is just the beginning 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ramza said:

But the real ''meat and potatoes'' of the story wasn't in the demo so you cannot make an assessment of the quality of the storyline and presentation from said demo - Cuckosan :killzone:

On 2022-04-03 at 2:58 PM, Quad Damage said:

just the demo

On 2022-04-03 at 3:53 PM, Twinblade said:

So in other words your opinion is pretty baseless :trump2: After 10 hours with the full game I am definitely inclined to agree with the FFT comparisons.

:cmpunk1:

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Did i really break you so much in the political club that you’re continuing to pick arguments with me on things you know nothing about? Demos are supposed to show off what people can expect from a game, Triangle Strategy’s does a poor job of that. It’s really not rocket science.

What does you getting curb stomped on the political board have to do with a game demo.... Projecting much? :umad:

This isn't the first game where you had unrealistic expectations from a demo and it won't be the last. 

7 hours ago, Goukosan said:

What does you getting curb stomped on the political board have to do with a game demo.... Projecting much? :umad:

This isn't the first game where you had unrealistic expectations from a demo and it won't be the last. 

I don't understand why you keep on missing the point. Demos are supposed to sell people on games, and Triangle Strategy's had the opposite effect for many. I would have bought the game at launch if it was a better slice of the full game.

55 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I don't understand why you keep on missing the point. Demos are supposed to sell people on games, and Triangle Strategy's had the opposite effect for many. I would have bought the game at launch if it was a better slice of the full game.

The game sold over 800,000 at launch, demo seemed to have to sold it just fine.