[Europe] Elden Ring is the biggest new IP launch since 2016's The Division.. PC accounts for 44% of total sales

PC - 44%

PS - 40%

Xbox - 16%

PC is THE platform for FROMSOFT games...:smugcena:

Oh, and after watching the new DF Direct Alex claimed that the shader compilation stutters in Elden Ring had been fixed since the patch... so I deleted my cache, started a new game and checked.. and yep, sure enough.. They've been fixed :blessed: 

• Remij changed the title to [Europe] Elden Ring is the biggest new IP launch since 2016's The Division.. PC accounts for 44% of total sales

All jokes aside though.  Pretty much what I expected.  PS and PC are extremely close.  Although I think in other markets the PC version is probably even a bit higher.. but they're pretty damn close.

Which means that even if PC sold just 10M units... that would put the game ~ 20M between them all.

Pretty fucking insane.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

44% on PC,

41% on PS

Only 16% on Xbox

FYI this includes digital as well. 

That's a huge fucking gap between everyone else and Xbox. 

True, but keep in mind that Xbox consoles probably sell 1/4 of what PS does there..  So it's not like Xbox gamers weren't buying it.. there's just less of them that can buy it.

Edited by Remij
17 hours ago, Remij said:

True, but keep in mind that Xbox consoles probably sell 1/4 of what PS does there..  So it's not like Xbox gamers weren't buying it.. there's just less of them that can buy it.

The USA split aren't going to be that much different. Xbox share will be a little bigger but overall it will still bw much lower than PC and PS. 

19 hours ago, bhytre said:

You forgot the Switch numbers :wonder:

Reveal hidden contents

TSHBR :kaz:

The Xbox version sold soooo poorly that the non-existent Switch version sales are closer to the Xbox sales than the Xbox sales are to PS and PC :sabu:

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Its the worst version by a mile. Unplayable stuttery garbage :D 

Nah not anymore.  The shader compilation stutters are gone, and I haven't had any loading stutters either.  60fps locked essentially.