Canada's new gun laws

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10869291/Canadas-Trudeau-announces-plan-national-freeze-handguns.html

Full handgun ban and limiting rifles to just 5 round magazines. This seems excessive. Why would a school shooting in the U.S. affect gun policies in Canada, which already has one of the lowest rates of gun related homicides in the world?

Trudeau keeps using America to push his own agenda. We don't have a gun issue in Canada.  The only problem we have is criminals bringing illegal guns over the border. Law abiding gun owning citizens are not committing murders. It just doesn't happen. I have 8 rifles. My name is run daily on the police database. If I commit a violent crime the police will be at my door to confiscate my guns immediately. Legal gun owners in Canada are the most law abiding people in the country. 

Edited by Cooke
31 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Trudeau keeps using America to push his own agenda. We don't have a gun issue in Canada.  The only problem we have is criminals bringing illegal guns over the border. Law abiding gun owning citizens are not committing murders. It just doesn't happen. I have 8 rifles. My name is run daily on the police database. If I commit a violent crime the police will be at my door to confiscate my guns immediately. Legal gun owners in Canada are the most law abiding people in the country. 

Oh God, shut up. I agree this doesn't seem necessary in Canada but gun fuckers always act like gun owners collectively have some super human level sense of responsibility and it's like anyone who owns more than one gun is retarded to begin with anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Oh God, shut up. I agree this doesn't seem necessary in Canada but gun fuckers always act like gun owners collectively have some super human level sense of responsibility and it's like anyone who owns more than one gun is retarded to begin with anyway. 

You're such a donkey. 

Canadian gun owners are not American gun owners. We have to take courses, be licensed and monitored. It's very strict. If you own a handgun you can't even take it out of your house unless you notify the police of where you are taking it. All firearms must be locked, ammo cannot be kept in the same room as the gun.  Trudeau just uses this shit because he thinks it's popular with his base. 

On 2022-05-31 at 1:10 PM, Cooke said:

K cool, so they should have no issues following these new laws since they're so law abiding :umad:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

K cool, so they should have no issues following these new laws since they're so law abiding :umad:

Exactly. I'm not going to talk about Canada but here in the US the conversation is always how super responsible and law abiding legal gun owners are but also if the law changes they'll shoot any government official that wants them to abide by the law. 

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

What a dumb thing to say

1 hour ago, Substatic said:

Nice.

Fuck the low IQ gun cultists.

How about actually prosecuting the criminals and giving them actual jail time instead of this catch and release program we do here? Instead the mandatory sentences for gun violence has been reversed. Nice work guys. 

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

How about actually prosecuting the criminals and giving them actual jail time instead of this catch and release program we do here? Instead the mandatory sentences for gun violence has been reversed. Nice work guys. 

Why not both?

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Why not both?

If your boat is sinking do you plug the hole first or do yell at the ocean for being wet?  We have one of the most lenient and forgiving judicial systems in the world. There are very little consequences. 

Our only gun problem in Canada is criminals and gangs with handguns that are illegally acquired and smuggled in. Not having them for sale at gun stores is going to make zero difference in ending gun violence. 

4 hours ago, Cooke said:

If your boat is sinking do you plug the hole first or do yell at the ocean for being wet?  We have one of the most lenient and forgiving judicial systems in the world. There are very little consequences. 

Our only gun problem in Canada is criminals and gangs with handguns that are illegally acquired and smuggled in. Not having them for sale at gun stores is going to make zero difference in ending gun violence. 

Shut the fuck up and Obey the Law :salute: