Sonic Frontiers gameplay reveal

5 minutes ago, kaz said:

how? there hasn't been a single good sonic 3d game and  I think it's due to the typical gameplay that sonic has. Speed up, collecting rings etc just doesn't do well in 3d environments. 

ofc you can completely change it and make it like mario but then it loses its identity.

loved playing the OG sonic games on sega megadrive as a kid back then 😊

It's weird because Sonic was experimenting with 3D before Mario.

I think 3D Sonic could work if they built stages like the 2D games with lots of narrower "funnels" spread out vertically. More like Motorstorm I mentioned before or like a snowboarding game. It's not gonna work with a Legend of Zelda map.

Sonic_2_SpecialStage.gif

• Upvote 1

Yeah this is gonna flop. Sonic is supposed to be fast paced but these combat encounters are so slow and plodding, the exact opposite of what they should be

edit: some of these camera transitions are so jarring. The game needs a lot more polish.

• Upvote 1
  • dead 1

I see what people mean about the graphics. I stumbled on this Sonic Unleashed video and I forgot how much fun the 2.5D levels in that game were, especially with that sense of speed and the color in the environments. Frontiers looks slow and drab in comparison

• Upvote 1