gender pay gaps. some of the responses cracked me up!

This is another instance where attempts at being equal make no sense. People pay attention to the national woman's soccer team here in the U.S. once every 4 years during the World Cup, and thats it. They pretty much might as well not exist outside of that, yet somehow they're now being payed as much as the men's national team even though they don't generate a fraction of the same revenue.

On 2022-07-12 at 8:23 PM, Twinblade said:

This is another instance where attempts at being equal make no sense. People pay attention to the national woman's soccer team here in the U.S. once every 4 years during the World Cup, and thats it. They pretty much might as well not exist outside of that, yet somehow they're now being payed as much as the men's national team even though they don't generate a fraction of the same revenue.

Here you go being retarded again. 

Screenshot_20220715-143140_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1f5e433dfc88981a92df4d2abf9fffb7.jpg

According to politifact, the Wall Street Journal, and ESPN the women's team generates more money from ticket sales, is more watched, and according to Nike the women's jerseys sell more than the men team does. According to reality the women's team is far more successful and dominant than the men's team in their respective leagues. 

So please find me some evidence from whatever Incel News youtube it twitter account you got your information from? 

What's funny is I had this exact same exchange with Ramza a few months too. Its like all your alt right guys are always saying the same untrue bullshit probably sourced from the same dishonest media y'all consume. 

But please tell us how the liberal and mainstream media are untrustworthy. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Screenshot_20220715-143140_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1f5e433dfc88981a92df4d2abf9fffb7.jpg

According to politifact, the Wall Street Journal, and ESPN the women's team generates more money from ticket sales, is more watched, and according to Nike the women's jerseys sell more than the men team does. According to reality the women's team is far more successful and dominant than the men's team in their respective leagues. 

So please find me some evidence from whatever Incel News youtube it twitter account you got your information from? 

What's funny is I had this exact same exchange with Ramza a few months too. Its like all your alt right guys are always saying the same untrue bullshit probably sourced from the same dishonest media y'all consume. 

Yes, there was an uptick in the Women's team popularity during the most recent world cup. Im interested in seeing if that stays consistent for the next tournament. There's not that much data out there but I think overall the men still pull in more numbers (especially during qualification matches).

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yes, there was an uptick in the Women's team popularity during the most recent world cup. Im interested in seeing if that stays consistent for the next tournament. There's not that much data out there but I think overall the men still pull in more numbers (especially during qualification matches).

Twinblade you chose the wrong Hill to die on by using the women's soccer team ad an example. 

The US women's soccer team generates more revenue than the US men's soccer team so the US women's team need to be compensated accordingly compared to the US men's soccer team.... That's it. 

You chose a bad example. 

In general the gender pay gap for other sports is overplayed because the women's team in general generate less. 

But not in the case of the US women's soccer teams vs the Men's. 

Edited by Goukosan
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Twinblade you chose the wrong Hill to die on by using the women's soccer team ad an example. 

The US women's soccer team generates more revenue than the US men's soccer team so the US women's team need to be compensated accordingly compared to the US men's soccer team.... That's it. 

You chose a bad example. 

In general the gender pay gap for other sports is overplayed because the women's team in general generate less. 

But not in the case of the US women's soccer teams vs the Men's. 

Thats fine. I actually like that women's soccer is as popular as it is because soccer in general is pretty underappreciated in the U.S., so if better pay goes hand in hand with more exposure and popularity among the average American then thats nothing ill disagree with. I remember watching the 2019 final at a bar in my area, and it was packed with people excitedly watching the game. As someone with European roots it did shock me to see a soccer match get that kind of attention over here.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Thats fine. I actually like that women's soccer is as popular as it is because soccer in general is pretty underappreciated in the U.S. I do remember watching the 2019 final at a bar in my area, and it was packed with people excitedly watching the game. As someone with European roots it did shock me to see a soccer match get that kind of attention over here.

Soccer never got the full traction here because the US men's team never really made it far in the world cup. 

Unlike every country in the world, even if your team isn't that great.. Soccer would be the most popular sport... 

But you know Americans in general are sore losers... So because the Men's team doesn't perform that well in the world cup... No one really cares. 

The women's team does much better within their world cup.

With that said... The men's US soccer team would beat the women's team.... But that shouldn't stop the women's team from getting paid for their success within their world cups. 

48 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yes, there was an uptick in the Women's team popularity during the most recent world cup. Im interested in seeing if that stays consistent for the next tournament.

you are "interested" to see..............if a team that wins the championship the previous time...........will generate as much interest in defending their championship and attempting to repeat?

so...........you're an idiot, is what you are telling us?

you only need to know just a little about sports, to know that fans from a championship team will pay attention to their defense of that championship status.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Uh huh, it's also not. Solely about being paid as much as men. The women's soccer team is slightly different as they topped the men in all metrics, but most women's clubs aren't compensated in pay and benefits in line with how men are relative to their own ecosystem. Not necessarily in a direct 1:1 comparison. 

For example, you can be a AAA baseball and be underpaid for what AAA player deserves, not in comparison to a MLB player. Then again you guys just make shit up all day in your heads based on right wing misinformation intended to make white guys angry. 

I know the right wing thing is to shut down women at every angle other than using them to bash trans people but there's a bunch of other factors such as transportation, appearance fees, and other situations where it's not about as receiving their fair due. 

Again, it's usually the same guys who automatically side against women, gays, people of color, trans people, etc. In fact the last time I had this discussion about the women's soccer team you were in the same thread with Ramza claiming that you care about women (again, just to bash trans people) then began laughing at them and posting videos mocking women in the military and other occupations. 

On 2022-07-15 at 11:49 AM, Mr. Impossible said:

Maybe more women should buy tickets to see women play soccer. 

43 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

While I'm used to your stupidity, I don't see your point. 

The majority of people who watch and buy tickets to see sporting events are men. Men are the majority of financial support to men's sports. 

If women cared so much about pay equality in professional sports, perhaps they should put their money where their mouth is or just shut the fuck up because no one cares to watch WNBA and women's soccer because it's not as good. 

18 minutes ago, Cooke said:

The majority of people who watch and buy tickets to see sporting events are men. Men are the majority of financial support to men's sports. 

If women cared so much about pay equality in professional sports, perhaps they should put their money where their mouth is or just shut the fuck up because no one cares to watch WNBA and women's soccer because it's not as good. 

So you hate women so much and  are such a fucking retard you chose to respond to a post showing that the women made more money, had higher ratings, were more successful, and sold more merchandise... Yet still made less money than the men did to post a "bitches need to buy tickets" rant? 

You guys seem to be getting dumber. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

So you hate women so much and  are such a fucking retard you chose to respond to a post showing that the women made more money, had higher ratings, were more successful, and sold more merchandise... Yet still made less money than the men did to post a "bitches need to buy tickets" rant? 

You guys seem to be getting dumber. 

Yes it's because I hate women so much that I don't think people in less successful businesses should make the same as those in more successful businesses. 

Why don't professional bowlers make as much as baseball players? It's discriminatory to bowlers that they make far less than baseball players. 

Or could it be because people don't pay to watch professional bowling? Hmmm

Edited by Cooke
14 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Why don't professional bowlers make as much as baseball players? It's discriminatory to bowlers that they make far less than baseball players. 

Is this some kind of prank or are you really this stupid? 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
16 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

So you are doing that thing where you act so fucking obtuse when you don't have an actual point. Ok. 

My point is, since you seemed to have missed it even though it was blatantly clear... professional sports is a product. They sell tickets. They sell advertising. People don't tend to watch and buy tickets for womens sports because it's less exciting and not as good. There are a few outliers though, such as tennis and women's ufc that do well. But given the choice people, men and women choose predominately to watch and buy tickets for men's sports. So why should the women get paid the same if their product isn't selling at the same rate?

Are the men supposed to take a paycut just because? 

If women really cared then they would watch more women's sports and pay for tickets. That would increase their pay. But women don't really care. 

1 minute ago, Cooke said:

My point is, since you seemed to have missed it even though it was blatantly clear... professional sports is a product. They sell tickets. They sell advertising. People don't tend to watch and buy tickets for womens sports because it's less exciting and not as good. There are a few outliers though, such as tennis and women's ufc that do well. But given the choice people, men and women choose predominately to watch and buy tickets for men's sports. So why should the women get paid the same if their product isn't selling at the same rate?

Are the men supposed to take a paycut just because? 

If women really cared then they would watch more women's sports and pay for tickets. That would increase their pay. But women don't really care. 

Lol you're fucking retarded. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol you're fucking retarded. 

Again, you don't actually respond because you know I'm right. You haven't made a single valid argument. 

Lollipop yur fucking retarded tehhehehe

Edited by Cooke