VGC: Microsoft has claimed it "would simply not be profitable" to make Call of Duty an Xbox exclusive, again insisting the series will remain on PlayStation.

15 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

The Netflix model is bleeding out. It's even harder to make dreg designed-by-algorithm videogames than TV.

Also releasing on Gamepass doesn't directly help Azure. Unless MS is doing some wacky contract shit where GP exclusives have to use it. Few developers would choose it over AWS or GCP willingly.

Even if Gamepass achieved major dominance, I think they'd have to go up to like $30/mo for it to make sense.

if a game is playable on xcloud, which alot of GamePass games are, including third-party, then it uses Azure.

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Remij said:

I think it's a major reason why Xbox has sold what it has of Series consoles.

It's definitely a business model only companies like MS can do currently... which is why they're doing it.  Hoping they can starve out the competition.

Thing is... if MS augmented it with actual high quality games on a consistent basis.... they could absolutely rack up subscribers.

I agree that a better first party offering could make the subscribers count higher than what it is now, the quality of MS line-up it's most definitely an issue. If they had Gran Turismo, Horizon and God of War it might be a different story. Oh well, here's Forza Hot Wheels kiddies edition and we paid a bunch of cheap publishers multiplats for day one on Hobopass. Please be excited.

Is Starfield still just Xbox/PC? I'd be really curious if they keep it out of Playstation and see it it has an impact. I think a lot of people on this forum doesn't realize how many people are into Bethesda Fallout/Elderscrolls games. Fallout 4 came out in 2015, Skyrim in 2011 and they're both some of the most played games on steam to this day. :killzone:  I think keeping it out of Playstation, even just has a timed exclusive could be a good move for Hobopass and they have the massive audience on PC to mitigate the lost of sales from the Playstation version. They can always release it at a later date full price anyway. 

I mean, that would be the smart thing to do but MS is anything but smart so we'll see how they fuck up this opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I agree that a better first party offering could make the subscribers count higher than what it is now, the quality of MS line-up it's most definitely an issue. If they had Gran Turismo, Horizon and God of War it might be a different story. Oh well, here's Forza Hot Wheels kiddies edition and we paid a bunch of cheap publishers multiplats for day one on Hobopass. Please be excited.

Is Starfield still just Xbox/PC? I'd be really curious if they keep it out of Playstation and see it it has an impact. I think a lot of people on this forum doesn't realize how many people are into Bethesda Fallout/Elderscrolls games. Fallout 4 came out in 2015, Skyrim in 2011 and they're both some of the most played games on steam to this day. :killzone:  I think keeping it out of Playstation, even just has a timed exclusive could be a good move for Hobopass and they have the massive audience on PC to mitigate the lost of sales from the Playstation version. They can always release it at a later date full price anyway. 

I mean, that would be the smart thing to do but MS is anything but smart so we'll see how they fuck up this opportunity. 

Just Xbox/PC.

Bethesda is basically done as a PS developer at this point I think.  Just stuff like Elder Scrolls Online will continue to get support.

35 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Oh, and make no mistake, they are going to A.) Severely start cutting the quality of games on the server, or B.) Introduce a price increase to GamePass when Starfield comes out.

C) Start separating the service by tiers, and having a premium one more expensive than the current price with exclusive content.

If they ever reach a point where they feel confident they have no real competition they will find a way to make more cash out of a user or lower the value offered, or both, guaranteed. The adoption rate is most likely far slower than they expected. I bet based on their projections they thought they'd have a stranglehold on the market by now with a solid 30-40m userbase across Xbox/PC that just keeps increasing non stop. Best value in gaming isn't as popular as expected, so they're losing money big time on this and it's the not a side business that they're trying to expand, it's the whole freaking business model. :D 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

No shit. Only Vini and Ghostz were dumb enough to think it was ever going to be exclusive to Shitbox.

Shitbox version sell the least of a multiplatform release %90 of the time. MS needs all the help they can get if they want to make Activision and Bethesda profitable. The capital of MS might be massive but they can't operate giant AAA studios (after a huge initial investment to boot) at a lost for infinity.

Xshit fanboys have zero business sense. No wonder they expect everyone else to follow MS footsteps in a business practice that has yet to prove itself to be profitable at all. Giving out all your first party day one on Hobopass and paying out third parties for multiplats just for 20m-something subscribers, most of which has got theirs from a bag of doritos and a can of mountain dew for $4. :kaz:  

Lamepass is the most desperate attempt at staying relevant in the video games market I've ever seen.

''They'll come in droves if we just give them out everything we have for $12 a month.'' :sword:

''Looks like they still rather be paying $70 for Horizon on PS5.'' :evil:

''Why are we losing money?'' :swell:

Wrong. All I said was it will Be on gamepass, which it will. 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Just Xbox/PC.

Bethesda is basically done as a PS developer at this point I think. 

Lol, no. Bethesda games are even more expansive than CoD if I'm going just by how long they take to make. Only Rockstar or Blizzard have equally long development time. They aren't cheap, that's for sure.

And you have Id Software, you think Doom Eternal isn't a straight up, expansive, AAA production? All Bethesda games sell really well on Playstation too. See how MS react with Activision, they want their expansive acquisition to make as much revenue as possible.

I think MS is trying to pull of a stealth timed exclusivity with one of their biggest key acquisition, no doubt Tom Howard would love that idea too. He's always been a bit of a Xbox fanboy himself. 

Next Arkane game is going to be a multiplat, next Machinegames is going to be multiplat. Just watch. 

18 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Wrong. All I said was it will Be on gamepass, which it will. 

I distinctly remember you arguing at one point that MS would make COD exclusive to Xbox after Activision’s contract with Sony ends. Why are you lying now? I’m too lazy to pull up your old posts right now but I’m sure if someone else searches they’ll find you arguing that COD would become exclusive to Xbox.

2 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

This is a total lie. It would absolutely be "profitable". They can and likely will fire half the CoD staff to make it even more profitable.

The issue is simply whether they're willing to forego Playstation sales to improve their overall gaming market share. This is the same as every other exclusive. Why wouldn't they make Starfield for PS5 if this is their thinking?

Yeah they could take the hit easy thanks to the money from their abusive monopoly and underhanded shady advertising business.

Really it's about the backlash. Pulling CoD off playstation would be extremely negative for them. Hell look at the backlash when they did it with Tomb Raider, and it flopped. The difference with Starfield is starfield wasn't a PS game. The real question is whether Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6 will be exclusive.

14 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I distinctly remember you arguing at one point that MS would make COD exclusive to Xbox after Activision’s contract with Sony ends. Why are you lying now? I’m too lazy to pull up your old posts right now but I’m sure if someone else searches they’ll find you arguing that COD would become exclusive to Xbox.

No, I said they’d force gamepass to be on PS5. Which they will. The streaming version.. xCloud or whatever it’s called (trash)

10 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Yeah they could take the hit easy thanks to the money from their abusive monopoly and underhanded shady advertising business.

Really it's about the backlash. Pulling CoD off playstation would be extremely negative for them. Hell look at the backlash when they did it with Tomb Raider, and it flopped. The difference with Starfield is starfield wasn't a PS game. The real question is whether Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6 will be exclusive.

ER6 is already exclusive. It’s been announced. Maybe you’ll be able to stream it on xCloud though 

6 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

:umad:

:drake:Damn @ghostz getting exposed here as a fraud and liar. Dude was clearly saying that COD and other games would leave PS after contracts expire. When further pressed he said “we will see”. 

Now he’s trying to say he never said that games like COD would leave PS after contracts expired :sabu:

MS isn’t forcing GamePass on Playstation either so you were wrong there too. Fucking take your L you clown :cruise:

Edited by FIREPOWER
35 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:drake:Damn @ghostz getting exposed here as a fraud and liar. Dude was clearly saying that COD and other games would leave PS after contracts expire. When further pressed he said “we will see”. 

Now he’s trying to say he never said that games like COD would leave PS after contracts expired :sabu:

MS isn’t forcing GamePass on Playstation either so you were wrong there too. Fucking take your L you clown :cruise:

Just wait 😉

4 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

yeah, he always types a vague thing whenever he's losing an argument.

as you can see in his post above mines.

the funny part is how, in his mind, he thinks that vague remark works.

it almost never does.:kaz:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah, he always types a vague thing whenever he's losing an argument.

as you can see in his post above mines.

the funny part is how, in his mind, he thinks that vague remark works.

it almost never does.:kaz:

10 hours ago, ghostz said:

Look a few posts down :umad:

:drake: