Immortality GS review - 8.0 (official thread)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got that plat. I had screwed up on one of the subverted clips that had like three or four secrets clips within. It was the damn talk show one. Anyhow, my OCD got the best of me lol. I’m glad I was abl

Really cool to read your convos as you were playing! The way the game's story unravels and at the same time just remains so mysterious is truly so so cool. At first you're just like 'what am I even do

This game is out there! It’s like David Lynch: The Game. I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on lol, but I get these glimpses of darkness that Just keep me going. I wish I could play more

This game is out there! It’s like David Lynch: The Game. I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on lol, but I get these glimpses of darkness that Just keep me going. I wish I could play more tonight, but I have to sleep. A lot of work tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Yeah, that's the hilarious thing about jonb.

He spent the past 12-15 years trying to make fun of cows about "movie games"

Dumbass is literally playing an FMV movie game, and hyping it................because he.......has.......n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

so, i was able to play some more this morning, since i was early for a meeting (like 2 hours early lol). this game is bizarre af. i don't know if there's even an ending, or an actual coherent story lol. however, it's fun clicking on the most random object in a scene and then seeing either the story behind it, or seeing it used to symbolize another event, sometimes dark/twisted and/or erotic. the main actress is quite good (she's gorgeous too!). her character (and characters?) remind me of those you would expect to see in lynch's mulholland drive. another neat twist is what manipulating a clip can produce. in some scenes, if you click reverse playback, you'll get a very interesting surprise lol. i'll leave it at that. also, scene B can change scene A, if you revisit it. this isn't a fmv "good/bad choice" game. if anything, you watch a scene and click a person or object (even those most obscure object) to see where it takes you. you can end up down some crazy rabbit holes. while i don't think i'll reach a definitive conclusion, i'm still dying to get back to this game and find something new. i read there's like 6 to 7 hours of recorded video. it's put to excellent use, giving each scene tons of variety and mystery. i don't think many will like this, due to its non-linear nature. however, i definitely think it's worth trying out. it's more of an interactive experience than an actual game or movie.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

so, i was able to play some more this morning, since i was early for a meeting (like 2 hours early lol). this game is bizarre af. i don't know if there's even an ending, or an actual coherent story lol. however, it's fun clicking on the most random object in a scene and then seeing either the story behind it, or seeing it used to symbolize another event, sometimes dark/twisted and/or erotic. the main actress is quite good (she's gorgeous too!). her character (and characters?) remind me of those you would expect to see in lynch's mulholland drive. another neat twist is what manipulating a clip can produce. in some scenes, if you click reverse playback, you'll get a very interesting surprise lol. i'll leave it at that. also, scene B can change scene A, if you revisit it. this isn't a fmv "good/bad choice" game. if anything, you watch a scene and click a person or object (even those most obscure object) to see where it takes you. you can end up down some crazy rabbit holes. while i don't think i'll reach a definitive conclusion, i'm still dying to get back to this game and find something new. i read there's like 6 to 7 hours of recorded video. it's put to excellent use, giving each scene tons of variety and mystery. i don't think many will like this, due to its non-linear nature. however, i definitely think it's worth trying out. it's more of an interactive experience than an actual game or movie.

the reviews confirm there is an overarching story but it takes a while before you’ll be able to pick up on the way everything is interconnected.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

the reviews confirm there is an overarching story but it takes a while before you’ll be able to pick up on the way everything is interconnected.

nice! i am seeing glimpses of a main arc, so that's great to hear. still, all of the scenes are pretty damn cool. as someone who has worked on indie movie sets, i can say the devs fucking nailed the atmosphere!

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, that's the hilarious thing about jonb.

He spent the past 12-15 years trying to make fun of cows about "movie games"

Dumbass is literally playing an FMV movie game, and hyping it................because he.......has.......n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

If only you were smart enough to understand what i meant by saying Sony is all movie games. But, you arent.

55 minutes ago, JonbX said:

If only you were smart enough to understand what i meant by saying Sony is all movie games. But, you arent.

LOL he's now trying to retcon his last 12-15 years:tom:

The way its understood is: its whatever you perceive Sony to be doing, in order for you to declare that its bad.

Gee........the people of this forum would have NEVER figured that one out.

Edited by jehurey
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

i told ya :D it's a lot! it took me a bit to get into a good flow.

the game got me good

Spoiler

when the glimpse of that woman in black and white just suddenly pops up on the screen while you're rewinding a scene :D i can start to see where the horror elements come into play

• Haha 1
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to Immortality GS review - 8.0 (official thread)