NEW Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Gameplay

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

It improves on the original in every way. 

Uhmm..

I have about 60 hours of Zero Dawn and the story intrigued me but there were so much filler and dumb fetchquests that unnecessarily made the game longer.

Also, I can't take the overly obvious feminist agenda with the whole matriarch bullshit and how every man in the game is portrayed as either, weak and stupid or evil and powerful. No in between.

And women, holy shit, every way you turn there is a tomboy that is the head of her tribe.

I mean if you could have a few here and there, but every fucking where there is a woman trying as much as possible to boast how much of a badass she is trying to be.

Shame though, because like I said, I like Alloy as the main character and the story was interesting with the whole Red Dawn Project.

Also, the world could be improved. Literally everywhere there are machines.

4 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Uhmm..

I have about 60 hours of Zero Dawn and the story intrigued me but there were so much filler and dumb fetchquests that unnecessarily made the game longer.

Also, I can't take the overly obvious feminist agenda with the whole matriarch bullshit and how every man in the game is portrayed as either, weak and stupid or evil and powerful. No in between.

And women, holy shit, every way you turn there is a tomboy that is the head of her tribe.

I mean if you could have a few here and there, but every fucking where there is a woman trying as much as possible to boast how much of a badass she is trying to be.

Shame though, because like I said, I like Alloy as the main character and the story was interesting with the whole Red Dawn Project.

Also, the world could be improved. Literally everywhere there are machines.

you can skip the side stuff. i mainly did the campaign, took down the talk necks, completed the cauldrons and did the relic ruins (fun puzzles). you can knock them out in 25 hours. imo, they are the best parts of the game. i find i typically hate doing side quests in most games (except from software titles).

compared to other rpgs, or even just other open-world games, Horizon Zero Dawn didn't really have many side quests. There were the places that needed to be cleared out, and the cauldrons.

There was almost no quests to be found by exploring the outer areas of the main map.

Frozen Wilds actually had several side quests, but they all originated from the same starting area.

You can definitely see that they are starting to flex a little bit more with what they can do with the game engine with the PS5's power.

Can you imagine a video game open world in which there is a monster so big, that you need to circumvent around an entire area, because you need to get up to a high mountain or cliff so that you can glide down to get on top of it? Like way bigger than Shadow and the Colossus.

• aitch 2