ROG Ally is $700

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

How does it look and run? I’ve been considering getting a steamdeck. 

I WOULD NOT recommend playing it this way if you haven't played it before. it's like *mostly* 30, lowest settings, well below 800p, relying heavily on FSR2. It's compromised compared to PS5 or a full GPU PC, but it's ok as a portable complement to mostly playing on the TV/Monitor.

But you can still see that it's a next gen renderer, it looks beautiful, and Switch 2 will obviously not come close to this.

spacer.png

You should get a Steam Deck tho. It's one of the best gaming hardwares I've ever seen.

Edited by sugarhigh

For the deviants talking shit, I got the game free with a very cheap AMD RX 6500 GPU.

The 1.0.4.0 patch has resolved the glaring issues with the PC port. It's no longer meme-worthy tho id still like to see significant performance optimization. Im in the high 50s but not solid 60 using recommended settings on a RX 6700 XT desktop.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Notice how all of the people who bought that thing...........they type and type and type words about them playing it.

And, this entire time, never actually want to SHOW us what it looks like running.:bena:

ooof, look at this. this is with the newest patch from a few days ago.

He turned everything down to low. There's almost no shadows, there's no form of global illumination. It looks desaturated because that piece of shit Chinese LCD screen makes it look that way. It looks like the PS3 version but with more foilage textures.

What's the point?

Good to hear the opinion of the graphics connoisseur who hyped up such greats as the Switch games Witcher 3, Baynoetta 3, and No More Heroes 3.

• dead 1
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

I WOULD NOT recommend playing it this way if you haven't played it before. it's like *mostly* 30, lowest settings, well below 800p, relying heavily on FSR2. It's compromised compared to PS5 or a full GPU PC, but it's ok as a portable complement to mostly playing on the TV/Monitor.

But you can still see that it's a next gen renderer, it looks beautiful, and Switch 2 will obviously not come close to this.

spacer.png

You should get a Steam Deck tho. It's one of the best gaming hardwares I've ever seen.

Pretty impressive, considering it’s optimized for PS5. I have beaten TLOU many times. I was just curious as to how the steamdeck could handle it. 

13 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Good to hear the opinion of the graphics connoisseur who hyped up such greats as the Switch games Witcher 3, Baynoetta 3, and No More Heroes 3.

you guys were hyping a port of No More Heroes 3 :hest:

Too bad you won't be able to do that with Bayo 3.

I'm a connoisseur of a platform that actually has games designed for it, instead of being left with trying to lower settings and configuring .ini files to get the game to remove EVEN MORE graphical settings in order to STILL NOT run at 30fps:hest:

14 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

For the deviants talking shit, I got the game free with a very cheap AMD RX 6500 GPU.

The 1.0.4.0 patch has resolved the glaring issues with the PC port. It's no longer meme-worthy tho id still like to see significant performance optimization. Im in the high 50s but not solid 60 using recommended settings on a RX 6700 XT desktop.

You literally just said you had to spend more money on REAL pc hardware..........to get a game that doesn't run well on that......thing.

And you are basically saying that you need an actual REAL pc to play PC games, because that thing isn't cutting it at all.:hest:

Oh man, you've totally made yourself look good, there.

58 minutes ago, jehurey said:

you guys were hyping a port of No More Heroes 3 :hest:

Too bad you won't be able to do that with Bayo 3.

I'm a connoisseur of a platform that actually has games designed for it, instead of being left with trying to lower settings and configuring .ini files to get the game to remove EVEN MORE graphical settings in order to STILL NOT run at 30fps:hest:

"You guys"

No there was like only Ramza here who ever hyped a NMH3 port, there was no "you guys".

You say you want games designed for your system, but just look at how much of a blurry mess Witcher 3 is on Switch. Look at the state of Bayo 3 or NMH3, or some of those Take 2 games, or games which are just streaming only :roff: Games designed for Switch still look and run like shit. Witcher 3 looks, runs and plays worse on a system it was programmed for (Switch) than a system it wasn't (SteamDeck).

Tlou apparantly runs like shit on PC so now I wouldn't try running this on Deck. Oh well, there are thousands more games that run perfectly fine. So ehst if Steamdeck can't run it well? Switch certainly can't either thats why it has no port. If it did have a port it would look even worse. Just saying " deck cant run this lol" means nothing when Switch can't either.