ROG Ally is $700

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

How many times are you going to own yourself on this crusade against the steamdeck?

Watch twinkie buy this and then still bitch its not to his liking :ccruise:

As if ASUS making a powerful semi-affordable gaming handheld isn't great for Valve. They don't want to be the hardware leaders, they want to push the industry in line with their goals. The Ally is a great example of it working.

This thing is an absolute monster 

Sure, Asus can build a faster Steam Deck-like handheld gaming PC, but there's no way it could compete with Valve on price, right?
Guess again. The higher-end Asus ROG Ally will apparently cost just $699.99. That's for the model with an AMD Z1 Extreme chip, 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD — meaning that Asus' 512GB handheld costs just $51 more than a 512GB Steam Deck

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

As if ASUS making a powerful semi-affordable gaming handheld isn't great for Valve. They don't want to be the hardware leaders, they want to push the industry in line with their goals. The Ally is a great example of it working.

I'm curious how Asus will handle this. Ayaneo sells consoles, thats why there are so many Ayaneo models. Valve sells software, which is why they want Steamdeck to be more generational like a console i.e. next one is years away.

Asus selling hardware I guess this will see more hardware refreshes than not.

Shame its Windows that shit needs to die already.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

I'm curious how Asus will handle this. Ayaneo sells consoles, thats why there are so many Ayaneo models. Valve sells software, which is why they want Steamdeck to be more generational like a console i.e. next one is years away.

Asus selling hardware I guess this will see more hardware refreshes than not.

Shame its Windows that shit needs to die already.

I hope Valve gets SteamOS ready for general installs soon enough and then works out a cut for OEMs shipping SteamOS. I look at the Deck more as Valve setting the standard for others to copy. Valve is getting better at hardware, but they don't have the refinement of Samsung or Sony products.

41 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I'm currently playing The Last of Us on my Steam Deck. Switch 2 ain't coming close to this.

How does it look and run? I’ve been considering getting a steamdeck. 

45 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I'm currently playing The Last of Us on my Steam Deck. Switch 2 ain't coming close to this.

LOL you paid full price to play TLOU downgraded to the 2014 PS4 version

You won't finish the game on there.

Oh shit, I may have given it too much credit.

Forget PS4 version, its running as rough or worse than the original 2013 PS3 version.

And thats at 720p that isn't really 720p since its using FSR2 to upscale.

The entire point of playing this remake of the game is lost.

52 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

At low-med settings, 800p and 30FPS? 

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

At low-med settings, 800p and 30FPS? 

Notice how all of the people who bought that thing...........they type and type and type words about them playing it.

And, this entire time, never actually want to SHOW us what it looks like running.:bena:

ooof, look at this. this is with the newest patch from a few days ago.

He turned everything down to low. There's almost no shadows, there's no form of global illumination. It looks desaturated because that piece of shit Chinese LCD screen makes it look that way. It looks like the PS3 version but with more foilage textures.

What's the point?

Edited by jehurey
  • Haha 1