MS's June showcase is a make it or break it moment

Sony is going to come out swinging with all it's first party studios, second party deals and third party moneyhats like Silent Hill 2, Stellar Blade, and MGS3 etc.

MS has 25 studios if they mess this up they deserve to be last place. Sony managed to have good support while giving PS5 a decent first 2 years and ending PS4 with a killer line up.

Every year is a "make it or break it" year for Xbox and they always end up dropping the ball. That's why they are constantly in last place. Don't hold your breath on them delivering.

Seems they put all their eggs in the "ABK deal is  going through" basket. I don't think they have shit to show or release this year other than Starfield.

Everything else is many years away.

2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Every year is a "make it or break it" year for Xbox and they always end up dropping the ball. That's why they are constantly in last place. Don't hold your breath on them delivering.

Seems they put all their eggs in the "ABK deal is  going through" basket. I don't think they have shit to show or release this year other than Starfield.

Everything else is many years away.

The momentum is so absurdly on Sony's side at this point that even a good game line up can't save them. It's too little too late. They could make COD exclusive for Christ sakes and PS5 would still butcher them in sales.

• Like 1
Just now, Playstation Tablet said:

I feel sorry for Starfield it won't boost XBox gamepass and most sales will come from PC. It will do jackshit for XBox.

Yea, sucks for Bathesda. I'll pick it up on PC depending on how broken it is on day one. I'm hopeful the modders on PC can salvage the game. I expect it to be extremely buggy and glitchy at launch. It won't do shit for Xbox, you are definitely right on that one especially if it launches the same month as Spiderman 2 as rumors are suggesting.

They've had nothing for the last decade with Phil and his cult swearing "the games are coming" every year.

At this point it doesnt matter. Ms has notjing to offer gamers, and the current fanbase is well entrenched, they're used to starving so they aren't going anywhere.

• Thanks 1

MS could have some good surprises. A new ID game, Avowed might be truely great...

But there's so many proven Playstation teams with unannounced games. Sony could have a whole reel of bangers and still not show half their projects in development.

46 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

MS could have some good surprises. A new ID game, Avowed might be truely great...

But there's so many proven Playstation teams with unannounced games. Sony could have a whole reel of bangers and still not show half their projects in development.

MS doesn't need just good games. It need an endless stream of new Halo/Gears prime era games to make any dent. 

It's clear Sony isn't sitting on their ass either, they are playing not to win but dominate. The third party moneyhats and exclusives alone are huge while MS seems to care about getting shit day 1 on a stagnating rental service.

Edited by Playstation Tablet
  • dead 1
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sony has been so quiet for so long that I can't even imagine how much stuff they've had cooking for multiple years now.

MS meanwhile is still trying to release their XSX 'launch' games like Hellblade 2 :drake:

Development Hellblade 2  :drake:

• Haha 1
  • Geese 1
  • dead 2
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sony has been so quiet for so long that I can't even imagine how much stuff they've had cooking for multiple years now.

MS meanwhile is still trying to release their XSX 'launch' games like Hellblade 2 :drake:

So true. Also can't release a new Fable.