Famitsu interview: Jim Ryan kills the idea of PS5 releases day and date on PC, says PC ports 2 to 3 years later is the way to go

11 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

MS have tried twice to take over PC gaming. There's no guarantee they wont pull their games off Steam in the future when they feel strong enough.

Imo of they had bought Activision, then along with all the other companies they bought they absolutely would feel strong enough to push their own store again.

Nah.  They literally offered Valve a 10 year deal for COD... which Valve declined because they think MS should be able to do what they want and don't care one way or the other.

Microsoft's entire angle with this Activision merger is bringing the games to more platforms and players.  Of course they're not going to guarantee games in perpetuity.. they need to keep their options open.. but I think they've accepted that they have to offer both and that it benefits them to continue that for the foreseeable future.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jim Ryan: Our games wont launch day & date on PC   Lemij: So let me tell you why these games will be launching day & date on PC  

Of course Sony would never do day 1 releases on PC. I have no clue why someone would think otherwise. 

He's, straight-up, trying to delude himself, at this point.   No there isn't.   Maybe for like a Sony small indie game or live service game that was part of the Bungie deal.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nah.  They literally offered Valve a 10 year deal for COD... which Valve declined because they think MS should be able to do what they want and don't care one way or the other.

Microsoft's entire angle with this Activision merger is bringing the games to more platforms and players.  Of course they're not going to guarantee games in perpetuity.. they need to keep their options open.. but I think they've accepted that they have to offer both and that it benefits them to continue that for the foreseeable future.

To appease regulators, like they did with playstation.

Theres no way they're spending 70 billion to keep games on all platforms. Probably have Gamepass on windows by default and try to force it on people like they do with all that xbox bullshit they have on there. Of course you're not allowed to remove half of the apps because this greedy, slimy, scum of the earth company decided that THEY own your hardware and have final say over it.