So the CMA is the only holdout for MS Activision deal.....and MS is considering WITHDRAWING from UK market altogether if they don't unblock it

27 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

The CMA did not misunderstand anything, stop parroting Microsoft propaganda.

"If you repeat a lie enough times it becomes true" - Microsoft fanboys.

The FTC dud not agree to it either. Whether they can block it or not is irrelevant, the fact is they didn't agree and they said it was bad for the industry. Just because in America money talks more than anything else it does not mean the FTC approves od this deal.

Secondly the CMA can not block worldwide. They can block in the UK, if Microsoft doesn't like it then they can leave the UK and the CMA has no effect. Xbox retards are throwing a hissy fit because they think a multi-trillion dollar corporation should be able to ignore a country's regulator AND still be able to do business in that country. Spoilt brats who have never been told no.

Maybe they shouldnt have put CMA approval as one od the stipulations in their fucking contract if they have so many issues with them.

I hope the worst for Brad Smith. I've never seen such small dick energy, he looks like the kind of guy who would short change child cancer patients if he thought he could get away with it.

Yes, they absolutely did.   That's not even refutable at this point lmfao.

The CMA absolutely believe they have the ability to block this merger worldwide:

"Activision is intertwined through different markets—it can't be separated for the UK," the regulator told the BBC. "So this decision blocks the deal from happening globally."

Microsoft can't separate Activision specifically for the UK market... but Activision absolutely can independently stop their gaming business in that market and move somewhere else... like the EU.

You kinda have to put the CMA as a stipulation of the contract if you're already doing business there and want to continue to do business there :drake: 

Like I said... the way MS can skirt around this issue is to have Activision withdraw from the UK market independently first before they close the deal... thus the CMA's authority wouldn't apply to them.  They could then sell Activision games in the UK through a distributor after they close the deal.  The catch is that MS themselves couldn't distribute Activision titles on GamePass or Cloud in the UK, because that would require approval, which they wouldn't have.

So is Microsoft willing to close the deal and only allow the game to be imported into the UK so that this deal can proceed everywhere else?  I guess we'll find out eventually.

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda dumb to try to talk serious with these two retards.

When someone as stupid as Mala calls you a retard, it's a compliment.   You've been shilling xflop for a decade and have fuck all to shoe for it

I laughed  

3 hours ago, Remij said:

The CMA absolutely believe they have the ability to block this merger worldwide:

Microsoft can't separate Activision specifically for the UK market... but Activision absolutely can independently stop their gaming business in that market and move somewhere else... like the EU.

You kinda have to put the CMA as a stipulation of the contract if you're already doing business there and want to continue to do business there :drake: 

Like I said... the way MS can skirt around this issue is to have Activision withdraw from the UK market independently first before they close the deal... thus the CMA's authority wouldn't apply to them.  They could then sell Activision games in the UK through a distributor after they close the deal.  The catch is that MS themselves couldn't distribute Activision titles on GamePass or Cloud in the UK, because that would require approval, which they wouldn't have.

So is Microsoft willing to close the deal and only allow the game to be imported into the UK so that this deal can proceed everywhere else?  I guess we'll find out eventually.

:ccruise:

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Yeah the CMA misunderstood the market, Communism works, and the Jews were treat humanely in Nazi Germany...swallowing propaganda can be fun :juggle:

You day the CMA can block the deal globally.....but then keep repeating to us that if Activision pulls out of the UK and no longer directly does business here, the deal can go through. That seems to imply that the CMA only has power over the UK market...as they should. Not the CMA's problem if Activision is too intertwined, the CMA is here to protect the country from predatory scum like Microsoft who think they're playing Monopoly.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Yeah the CMA misunderstood the market, Communism works, and the Jews were treat humanely in Nazi Germany...swallowing propaganda can be fun :juggle:

You day the CMA can block the deal globally.....but then keep repeating to us that if Activision pulls out of the UK and no longer directly does business here, the deal can go through. That seems to imply that the CMA only has power over the UK market...as they should. Not the CMA's problem if Activision is too intertwined, the CMA is here to protect the country from predatory scum like Microsoft who think they're playing Monopoly.

You're such a fucking clown when it comes to discussing anything about something you don't like.  You're like a child and let your feelings get in the way.  It makes it impossible to have a conversation with you.  It's basically a waste of time.  There's such a thing as laws... and regulators have to follow the laws despite their feelings.

First of all, I didn't actually say they have the authority to block it globally... I said that they believe they can.  This deal very specifically stated that they need approval of the FTC, CMA, EU, and I think China.  Now, by proxy they absolutely can block the merger globally as a side effect of contract that was made by MS and Activision.  Of course the contract included the UK and CMA because obviously the companies want to continue to do business there, and thus NEEDED to include it.  Now that the CMA has blocked the deal... this leaves Microsoft and Activision in the position where the contract they made failed.  Activision could absolutely walk away, collect their $3B... or they could renegotiate with MS.  Activision themselves really want this deal to go through, which is very apparent, as they've already agreed to extend the date to which MS needs to close the deal by, until after the CAT hearing.  Depending on what happens there, MS will have to pay them, or they could extend it further and end up having to pay Activision up to $5B.  MS are obviously hoping that if the CAT rules in their favor, and the Cloud SLC is struck down, that the CMA will cave in, seeing as how they would be the only hold out at that point (remember the FTC hasn't and can't block shit... they have to get a prelim injunction and sue... and there's hope from MS that if the CAT rules in their favor, the FTC will just simply drop the case altogether.

Also important to remember that the CMA and MS could still come to a deal at any time between now and when the deal is expected to close.  I doubt that would happen as the CMA is trying to drag out the appeal process as long as possible to force MS to have to extend the contract with the hopes they'll just give up like so many other companies would.  MS doesn't look to want to abandon this deal, so they're looking at ways to close without the CMA approval, and the CMA are looking pretty stubborn and that they're not going to budge on this, so who knows..

1 hour ago, Remij said:

You're such a fucking clown when it comes to discussing anything about something you don't like.  You're like a child and let your feelings get in the way.  It makes it impossible to have a conversation with you.  It's basically a waste of time.  There's such a thing as laws... and regulators have to follow the laws despite their feelings.

You let your feelings get in the way anytime you discuss something microsoft related :umad: That's why you've been pushing predictions for 5 years, 99% of which ended up wrong, because you let your passion for xbox/Microsoft cloud your judgement.

America is known for large corporations being able to do whatever the fuck they want, and lobbying and paying their way to avoid regulations. We need regulators to stop rich kids like Microsoft buying up entire industries.

Enjoy call of duty? Enjoy elder scrolls? Fallout? Doom? Dishonored? Obsidian RPGs? Etc etc if Microsoft has their way you will never be able to play these on playstation ever again.

Dont care about ps? Well all your can do is rely on the benevolence of a multi-trillion dollar corporation who has proven they have zero respect for consumers at every thrn, and hope they at least continue to support stores lile Steam or Epic instead of trying to push anti-consumer bullshit like GFWL (with paid online) or the microsoft store and its UWP bullshit once again.

Microsoft does not understand gaming - FACT

Microsoft does not know how to make good games - FACT

Microsoft does not know what makes a good game - FACT

These are irrefutable and have been proven after 22 years of Xbox. Why the fuck should a company with such disdain for gaming be able to keep buying up publishers just for the sake of yanking their games away from other platforms to punish consumers for not choosing xbox?

Its a typical microsoft approach. They never think "lets make our products good" to improve sales, they instead keep pushing medicore piles of shit like windows 10, xbox, and their office suite, and instead think of ways to force, coerce, punish or lock in consumers to make them make the "right choice" (in microsofts view).

5 hours ago, lynux3 said:

:ccruise:

5 hours ago, TLHBO said:

• Thanks 1

The thing is, for all of that stuff to happen, Activision would have to go to their shareholders and tell them "hey, we're closing operations in the UK (WINK, WINK)" based on an unofficial handshake deal.

Which A.) becomes a secret that eventually has to come out, because the shareholders will be asking. Or B.) Activision has to withhold information from shareholders, which introduces a WHOLE BUNCH of shit that could backfire on them, and lead to alot of lawsuits.

I'm sure some companies do secret backroom deals, but you'd be asking Activision to do ALOT of things, and somehow sneak it all by their shareholders, and not have the shareholders revolt against management.

6 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

When someone as stupid as Mala calls you a retard, it's a compliment.

You've been shilling xflop for a decade and have fuck all to shoe for it :cruise:

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The thing is, for all of that stuff to happen, Activision would have to go to their shareholders and tell them "hey, we're closing operations in the UK (WINK, WINK)" based on an unofficial handshake deal.

Which A.) becomes a secret that eventually has to come out, because the shareholders will be asking. Or B.) Activision has to withhold information from shareholders, which introduces a WHOLE BUNCH of shit that could backfire on them, and lead to alot of lawsuits.

I'm sure some companies do secret backroom deals, but you'd be asking Activision to do ALOT of things, and somehow sneak it all by their shareholders, and not have the shareholders revolt against management.

Yea, you're right, and I think it's extremely unlikely... but Activision themselves REALLY do seem to have a strong desire to get this merger completed.  They have extended their agreement with MS until the end of July, allowing the CAT hearing to proceed instead of just walking away right there.  There's probably even more shit behind the scenes with Kotick which may risk coming out after this merger, potentially damaging the company further, that would be my guess.  They all want their payouts, and this is the best they're likely going to get.

As for the shareholder stuff, I'm sure that Microsoft and Activision's lawyers have had discussions about contingency plans in the event that a single jurisdiction doesn't approve the deal while all the others do.  The shareholders just need to know that Activision will, as is their duty, do whatever they can to legally complete this deal.  I'm sure that as the deadline comes up, and after the CAT hearing, depending on what happens, it's either going to cost MS a LOT of money to keep Activision interested in this deal... and Activision's lawyers/management will have to discuss it with shareholders before doing anything else.  The shareholders could say hell no, this deal isn't worth it to us.. or they could eye a bigger payout from MS for missing the deadline and stick with them, ultimately jumping through all the hoops required to get it over the line.

If MS convinces the CAT what they need to, I think there's a decent possibility that the CMA and MS work something out.  I think that's the last play here and failing that.. the deal is as good as dead.  MS is basically doing anything they can to put pressure on the CMA to open up to it.  If they convince the CAT that the cloud SLC is irrational, and that the CMA doesn't understand the market as it should (the CAT appeal judge was being very clear about the importance of both parties having the right, and same, understanding of the cloud market) then the CMA does begin to look very irrational and like the odd man out.  Microsoft can point to that if they really do want to try to close the deal around the CMA, because to the rest of the world it already looks like the CMA is irrational. 

MS allowing the CMA to block the deal, with their very apparent lack of understanding of what the cloud gaming market is, sets a bad precedent for the future.  MS and Activision, both as big big tech companies... really don't want to roll over, because the outcome of this case will set precedent for the future.

23 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

When someone as stupid as Mala calls you a retard, it's a compliment.

You've been shilling xflop for a decade and have fuck all to shoe for it :cruise:

I laughed :D 

• Geese 1
5 minutes ago, JonbX said:

TLHBO is one of the most emotionally damaged people ive ever seen LOL

And MS is gonna do whatever to get Acti. They aint gonna let this go.

Lol says you :roff: You hyped up a decade of xbox games and they all flopped or were cancelled. You wasted $500 on XBO and had no games....then you told us all XBOne X was going to be a new start, all the games would be there, so you blew another $500....and STILL had no games :risitas2: And within 3 years that console was dead and abandoned.

so now you blow another $500 because you tell us the games are on xbox series x....and 3 years in you STILL don't have games :rofls:

Imagine all the time you could have saved yourself by switching to a better platform, but you were too proud and too much of a zealot for xbox so you kept shilling and rebuying consoles hoping one day the games would finally arrive...

...except they never did, because Microsoft doesn't care if you have games or not, they just want to take as much money from you with as little effort as possible, but you convince yourself Phil Spencer really cares about xbox games personally :tom:

And you call me emotionally damaged...lmfao.

• dead 1

Safety in numbers, lemshits? :laff: You'll flee the forum again soon enough, like you always do when you can't take people pointing out you have no games and xflop has nothing going for it.

5 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Safety in numbers, lemshits? :laff: You'll flee the forum again soon enough, like you always do when you can't take people pointing out you have no games and xflop has nothing going for it.

Sure, and youll still be here hating Xbox and Phil Spencer by yourself since NoPower ran away 🤣

49 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Dude, I was attempting to have an actual conversation with you about what's going on, and you're just bitching about Microsoft, as usual.  You're not even talking to any of the points I made, you're just letting your feelings get in the way.  I personally believe the deal is dead, and in most circumstance it absolutely would be done right after the CMA blocked it.. but this case quite obviously isn't "most circumstances".. it's becoming more and more apparent just how important this deal is to MS that they'd even consider trying to go around the CMA.  You're not interested in discussing the ways or lack-there-of that MS can get this deal to go through... all you do is regurgitate that MS = BAD.. and then attempt to discredit anyone who isn't vehemently against this merger.  There's no reason for you to point out that "Xflop has no games in this thread.. or nothing going for it"... that's just butthurt fanboy talk.

So no, there's no safety in numbers... you're just not brining anything of substance to this conversation.  Look at Jerry... he hates MS and Phil Spencer probably almost as much as you do.. but at least he's actually talking about the topic and discussing what they can and can't potentially do.

Edited by Remij
  • 2 weeks later...

So the FTC finally filed their lawsuit against Microsoft to block the MS + Activision/Blizzard merger...  The fact that they filed now looks like MS managed to be convincing enough to the FTC that they would close the deal regardless of the CMA decision to block.  The fact that they did this works in MS' favor as it speeds up the process with which they have to deal with the FTC, allowing them to resolve it sooner rather than later.  If the preliminary injunction is denied, that allows MS to put a lot more pressure on the CMA with their appeal process, as they'd literally be the only holdout at that point.

So it looks like Microsoft was just baiting the FTC to file a PI sooner.. and it worked...   The FTC really does have reason to believe that either MS would close, or that the CMA might give in at some point during the appeal process.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

So the FTC finally filed their lawsuit against Microsoft to block the MS + Activision/Blizzard merger...  The fact that they filed now looks like MS managed to be convincing enough to the FTC that they would close the deal regardless of the CMA decision to block.  The fact that they did this works in MS' favor as it speeds up the process with which they have to deal with the FTC, allowing them to resolve it sooner rather than later.  If the preliminary injunction is denied, that allows MS to put a lot more pressure on the CMA with their appeal process, as they'd literally be the only holdout at that point.

So it looks like Microsoft was just baiting the FTC to file a PI sooner.. and it worked...   The FTC really does have reason to believe that either MS would close, or that the CMA might give in at some point during the appeal process.

Almost word for word you've copied that from shills on other sites :kaz: