It’s crazy how much better looking Forza is compared to GT.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so biased though for real. I'll never say anything positive about Forza compared to GT. 

Nobody plays these games and uses every car.  The points are universal, so you'll probably get more than enough points just playing the game normally to upgrade the cars you'll use.    

More reason to finally start switching to PC

9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

did it get downgraded? it still looks good (better than GT), but i remember the earlier gameplay vids looking a lot better.

This was running on a Series X.  Previous showings was PC.  Not that I really expect there to be much difference between them.

Still, I can admit that it doesn't look quite as good as I expected it would look.  Some of the cars look obviously better than others.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

This was running on a Series X.  Previous showings was PC.  Not that I really expect there to be much difference between them.

Still, I can admit that it doesn't look quite as good as I expected it would look.  Some of the cars look obviously better than others.

yeah, i remember seeing a lot of ray tracing in the first gameplay reveal. i'm pretty underwhlemed by this. i may just wait until i get my PC.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

For every car. That sounds like an endless grind. 

Nobody plays these games and uses every car.  The points are universal, so you'll probably get more than enough points just playing the game normally to upgrade the cars you'll use.

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i remember seeing a lot of ray tracing in the first gameplay reveal. i'm pretty underwhlemed by this. i may just wait until i get my PC.

Yea.  It looks like on Series X the game uses RT reflections on certain surfaces, and just screenspace on others.  I noticed some of the reflections weren't updating at 60.  Also, another thing I noticed is that in the menu when showing the car, some of the shots looks pretty bad with aliasing.

I'm not sure if the Xbox consoles ever got the TAA that Forza Horizon 5 got on PC... but it's just vastly superior.  Same with DLSS.  I'm expecting Forza Motorsport to support both on PC and not have those issues..  or at least being able to bump the resolution extremely high enough to completely negate it lol.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Still looks a gen ahead of GT7, but yeah FH5 is still the best looking racing game on the planet by a considerable margin.

Negative. But yeah, FH 5 looks a lot better than both. 

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea.  It looks like on Series X the game uses RT reflections on certain surfaces, and just screenspace on others.  I noticed some of the reflections weren't updating at 60.  Also, another thing I noticed is that in the menu when showing the car, some of the shots looks pretty bad with aliasing.

I'm not sure if the Xbox consoles ever got the TAA that Forza Horizon 5 got on PC... but it's just vastly superior.  Same with DLSS.  I'm expecting Forza Motorsport to support both on PC and not have those issues..  or at least being able to bump the resolution extremely high enough to completely negate it lol.

More reason to finally start switching to PC :smoke:

• aitch 1
7 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Still looks a gen ahead of GT7, but yeah FH5 is still the best looking racing game on the planet by a considerable margin.

Yeah no, lol. It looks like it lost a gen in visuals. Gran Turismo 7 looks good for a cross gen game, and Forza Motorsport barely looks any better if at all.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

It looks way better in several ways and I own GT7. 

i have played GT 7. f8 looks marginally better.  the original pc video looks almost a gen better, though. this is a pretty huge downgrade.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah no, lol. It looks like it lost a gen in visuals. Gran Turismo 7 looks good for a cross gen game, and Forza Motorsport barely looks any better if at all.

exactly. i need to pull up the video of the pc reveal.

I remember playing RSC2 and being blown away. Then PGR and other games at those times. Racing games just dont impress as much anymore because they all look so damn good.

Video games in general are kinda like that tho now. I havent seen a game this gen that gave me the wow factor like they did during the 360/ps3 era

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

I remember playing RSC2 and being blown away. Then PGR and other games at those times. Racing games just dont impress as much anymore because they all look so damn good.

Video games in general are kinda like that tho now. I havent seen a game this gen that gave me the wow factor like they did during the 360/ps3 era

the jumps from each generation are feeling smaller and smaller. there's definitely room for games to look better. however, we won't see that massive jump like we did from ps1 to ps2 or from ps2 to ps3.