So with AI taking off and Nvidia having trouble meeting the demands of their datacenter and professional markets, it's inevitable..

..that they divert resources away from gaming GPUs and put more emphasis on their other markets.  This will, like cryptocurrency, will produce a shortage of gaming GPUs and drive up prices massively.  These AI startups and companies have massive amounts of money to throw at Nvidia and Nvidia will gleefully take advantage of that fact.

If it happens that GPUs prices again go up and low end GPUs are costing $700+ all the way up to $4500.... then the industry is truly fucked.  If AMD piggybacks them and tries that shit along with them... then you might as well just put PC gaming out of its misery..

Im done with Nvidia for the foreseeable future. Im actually glad that AMD based handhelds like Steam Deck and ROG Ally are becoming increasingly more popular, because that means we'll inevitably see more PC games that will be better optimized to take advantage of AMD based hardware. For example im sure we can expect to see FSR becoming a more commonly implemented option in PC games. If AMD can also work on their weakpoints like Ray Tracing implementation then I can really see them taking a chunk of the PC market away from Nvidia.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im done with Nvidia for the foreseeable future. Im actually glad that AMD based handhelds like Steam Deck and ROG Ally are becoming increasingly more popular, because that means we'll inevitably see more PC games that will be better optimized to take advantage of AMD based hardware. For example im sure we can expect to see FSR becoming a more commonly implemented option in PC games. If AMD can also work on their weakpoints like Ray Tracing implementation then I can really see them taking a chunk of the PC market away from Nvidia.

Eh, I don't know about that... if the consoles didn't manage to make that a reality, I doubt the handheld PCs will do anything lol...

I think the only way that's going to happen is if Nvidia literally abandons the PC gaming market and AMD fills the void with more reasonably priced hardware.

On a side note, any advice for buying stock? 

Apparently ARM is looking at floating on the Nasdaq at some point this year. 

Edited by Cell

yup, i was thinking about that when I read like a week or two ago that they became a trillion dollar company.

all of their stock pumping has been due to them talking about upcoming AI processing products.

Why the fuck would Jensen give a shit about a small PC gaming userbase that's already complaining about prices, when he can sell to powerful enterprises and possible rich higher education organizations, the military, and nation governments?

Anything from the medical industry to banking and financial institutions will need serious AI processing power.