IGN: Xbox’s Perfect Dark Reboot Is Still Years Away

"Why? The answer isn't glamorous, but rather wrapped up in the realities of game development. The project has seen roadblock after roadblock, with problems such as a fraught co-development partnership, a pandemic, technological challenges, an ongoing exodus of significant talent, and unclear direction from management keeping the game in development limbo. And while a new partnership with Crystal Dynamics appears to finally be bearing fruit, multiple sources who have worked on the game recently say that Perfect Dark is still "in the earliest stages" of development, estimating that it is still roughly two to three years away from being ready for release."

Several employees from the early days of the studio recalled the designation "AAAA" being thrown around as a way to emphasize the sheer size and scale of what they should be building (it was also used in at least one public job listing). Everyone I spoke to who recalled hearing the term said there was never a clear explanation of what it practically meant.

"In the middle of 2021, with Certain Affinity gone and the studio bleeding talent, leadership at The Initiative had to figure out who, exactly, would be doing the bulk of the development work on the project going forward. And in September, a savior arrived in Gallagher's old studio: Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics. According to one former Crystal Dynamics employee, the plan was for their studio to supplement and support The Initiative's vision – not to fully take over. But rather quickly it became apparent to Crystal Dynamics that Perfect Dark and The Initiative were going to need a lot more help than they had realized."

"Recent plans seem to be leaning toward some kind of episodic format – though the exact form and shape of it has yet to be determined, and could still change entirely before release."

more developement hell details in the link

https://www.ign.com/articles/xboxs-perfect-dark-reboot-is-still-years-away

:hest: 

The only thing I’m halfway excited for and it’s going to be episodic shit. Shouldn’t expect anything else though from the absolute WORST first party publisher ever. :kaz: 

• Geese 1
  • dead 1

No surprise there. Ms always shows cg trailers for games that havent even been started, and then then let retards like jonb hype them year after year. It's just a carrot on a stick , then the games either flop hard or get cancelled.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

No surprise there. Ms always shows cg trailers for games that havent even been started, and then then let retards like jonb hype them year after year. It's just a carrot on a stick , then the games either flop hard or get cancelled.

rt1mm9K.png 

still waiting for fable 10 years later :hest: 

• Haha 2
  • Geese 1
48 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

rt1mm9K.png 

That's a dope lineup :kaz: :kaz: :kaz:   all flops or cancelled :kaz: 

the sad thing is I remember the stupid damage control until jon gave up and admitted xbox defeat back then but lemshites always come back crawling out of their holes 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

rt1mm9K.png 

damn, i can't believe that's 9 years ago. time is moving way too quickly. i was engaged back then. considering i'm now divorced, i think i got it wrong more than job did :deadest:

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

rt1mm9K.png 

This is Xbox in a nutshell over the past decade. Lemmings would rather live the dream of having a list of games "next year" than having games which are out there and available now like Sony's PS exclusives.

It's all smok and mirrors, the game either never materialize or flop miserably, but so long as you have a list to keep circulating you can pretend your games are just on the Horizon. Then it was crackdown, scalebound, fable legends, recently it was Redfall (catastrophic flop) and perfect dark (vapourware). Theres never any games on xbox its just a carrot on a stick, the promise of games "tomorrow" but you never get them.

The Lemming genocide is long overdue.

2 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

rt1mm9K.png 

LMFAO that post. 

Phantom Dust 2 - cancelled

Fable - still waiting 💀

Crackdown 3 - one of the worst flop ever

Scalebound - cancelled

Halo 5 - the worst Halo game?

Quantum Break - forgotten flop

Dope lineup. 

• dead 3
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

damn, i can't believe that's 9 years ago. time is moving way too quickly. i was engaged back then. considering i'm now divorced, i think i got it wrong more than job did :deadest:

rofl, you said till death do us apart to a woman who is now sleeping with some other guy. 

75% divorce rate in America and 85% of cases are brought forward by the women... Let met try those odds. Said lovestruck GD. :kaz:

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Ramza said:

rofl, you said till death do us apart to a woman who is now sleeping with some other guy. 

75% divorce rate in America and 85% of cases are brought forward by the women... Let met try those odds. Said lovestruck GD. :kaz:

:D 

• Haha 1

This is the Microsoft approach to studio management. Every team is a fiefdom to promote a franchise. Xbox heads decided they wanted a Perfect Dark and established a team to (in theory) make it. But nobody wants a new Perfect Dark. More importantly nobody has a creative vision for a new Perfect Dark.

This is why 343 can't make Halo anymore. This is why Gears of War has become a Marvelized version of itself.

Microsoft sees "content" as an economic "moat" to head off competitors. They don't understand that even "AAAA" games are made by people with their own creative ambitions.