Microsoft and ABK can officially close tonight

Another hilarious thing about this, is that Sony never signed any agreement with MS about COD on Playstation.  So while MS will obviously continue to uphold their promises made to the courts whether they sign a deal or not (because otherwise they would just be proving to the courts/regulators that they are untrustworthy and would fuck them for the future) this DOES allow them to play with the terms and do with it as they see fit legally.  Microsoft could legally take COD from PS at any time and provide them with just a cloud version :D 

Not that they would though, that would be stupid.  They'll keep things as they are and just push the Xbox/PC marketing with GamePass after Sony's marketing deal is done at the end of next year.

Crazy to think though that MS will now own a lot of good IP.  They already own Banjo, and will now have Crash and Spyro too.

25 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It’s a matter of time until Microsoft runs it all into the ground like their internal studios. :reg:

I dunno, COD will eventually fade as all things do.. but I think MS will likely just leave Activision alone when it comes to COD and let them do their thing for quite some time.  They've got to make that money back.  Same goes for Blizzard with Diablo... but I do expect them to try some new stuff with the other IPs.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I dunno, COD will eventually fade as all things do.. but I think MS will likely just leave Activision alone when it comes to COD and let them do their thing for quite some time.  They've got to make that money back.  Same goes for Blizzard with Diablo... but I do expect them to try some new stuff with the other IPs.

I think they’ll let em operate as is and green light game’s activision may have not otherwise. It’s going to be years until they’re “integrated “ so to speak.

• Upvote 1