Development kits for Nintendo’s next console are now with key partner studios, with launch planned for next year, sources have told VGC.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's going to be the death nail to the Steam shit and other similar PC shit tablets 

Two sources VGC spoke to suggested that the console could launch with an LCD screen, instead of the more premium OLED, in order to bring down costs, especially considering the increased storage needed

You could say that about any console....   The Deck's library is the only library that is essentially guaranteed to be playable on whatever new PC device you have decades from now  

2 hours ago, Casual said:

Can't wait. Day 1 for me. Switch was (is) such a banger of console.

The resurgence of Nintendo has been fantastic - console wise at least, I know they continued to do well in the handheld market. But Wii/Wii U were dark fucking times as someone who grew up on Nintendo.

the wiiu had a lot of great exclusives. i don't get the hate.

43 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope. Try again. 

Imagine if he can't think of anything else, yet he still keeps on trying. :drake:

Yep.  I dont have to try again.  Deck is a PC morons.  Verified games are tailored to the Deck, and we even have Sony studios actively targeting Deck hardware with specific setting optimizations.

:drake:

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Yep.  I dont have to try again.  Deck is a PC morons. 

You just admitted that its not it's own platform.

You just proved Gouko's point. Beautifully. Concisely.

:drake:Idiot just walked into it.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

the wiiu had a lot of great exclusives. i don't get the hate.

Eh it had solid ones for sure but I think it lacked the quantity as well as the higher end quality that switch got. The best Wii U games are a tier below the best of what the Switch has to offer.

Just now, Casual said:

Eh it had solid ones for sure but I think it lacked the quantity as well as the higher end quality that switch got. The best Wii U games are a tier below the best of what the Switch has to offer.

most of the early switch games were wiiu ports. in terms of first several years on the market, the wiiu had more real and better exclusives. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

most of the early switch games were wiiu ports. in terms of first several years on the market, the wiiu had more real and better exclusives. 

Well, several years is basically Wii U's entire lifespan. Also seems a little arbitrary to talk about the first several years only. The entire Wii U lifespan was basically -  3D World. Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, SMM, MK8, Pikmin, Tropical Freeze, Splatoon, BOTW? That's all I can really think of.

Switch got all those and then some - TOTK, Bowser's Fury, Odyssey, Smash Bros Ultimate, Animal Crossing, Splatoon 2, SMM2, Fire Emblem:3H, TOTK, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pikmin 4, Mario + Rabbids, SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Tetris 99, Metroid Dread, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Link's Awakening,

Also, I know we're obsessed with exclusives on System Wars, but third party support IS important and while Switch isn't a multiplat machine by any means, it does have some pretty key support from third parties which elevate it as a platform especially when factoring in the portability - Hollow Knight, Celeste, Dead Cells, Hades, Undertale, Steamworld games, DQXI, etc.

All that said, Switch obviously benefited from the commercial failure of the Wii U and it bought Nintendo some time/allowed them to fill in some software gaps along the way. If Wii U sells a little better, who knows where we end up - maybe BOTW stays as a Wii U exclusive, Switch comes out a year or two later with only Odyssey and has a pretty middling life. Never know. I think the way it did play out, Switch is in the absolute top tier of Nintendo consoles with Wii/Wii U both in the bottom tier.

6 minutes ago, Casual said:

Well, several years is basically Wii U's entire lifespan. Also seems a little arbitrary to talk about the first several years only. The entire Wii U lifespan was basically -  3D World. Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, SMM, MK8, Pikmin, Tropical Freeze, Splatoon, BOTW? That's all I can really think of.

Switch got all those and then some - TOTK, Bowser's Fury, Odyssey, Smash Bros Ultimate, Animal Crossing, Splatoon 2, SMM2, Fire Emblem:3H, TOTK, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pikmin 4, Mario + Rabbids, SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Tetris 99, Metroid Dread, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Link's Awakening,

Also, I know we're obsessed with exclusives on System Wars, but third party support IS important and while Switch isn't a multiplat machine by any means, it does have some pretty key support from third parties which elevate it as a platform especially when factoring in the portability - Hollow Knight, Celeste, Dead Cells, Hades, Undertale, Steamworld games, DQXI, etc.

All that said, Switch obviously benefited from the commercial failure of the Wii U and it bought Nintendo some time/allowed them to fill in some software gaps along the way. If Wii U sells a little better, who knows where we end up - maybe BOTW stays as a Wii U exclusive, Switch comes out a year or two later with only Odyssey and has a pretty middling life. Never know. I think the way it did play out, Switch is in the absolute top tier of Nintendo consoles with Wii/Wii U both in the bottom tier.

lol including new switch games. the switch was mostly wiiu ports its first several years. now, it's a much better system. y'all overrated the system's first couple of years.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

You just admitted that its not it's own platform.

You just proved Gouko's point. Beautifully. Concisely.

:drake:Idiot just walked into it.

God you're fucking stupid :danylol: 

It is it's own platform.  It's a very specific configuration of a PC... which developers have specifically designed games for which also get verified. :lemming: 

16 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

lol including new switch games. the switch was mostly wiiu ports its first several years. now, it's a much better system. y'all overrated the system's first couple of years.

it's not the switches fault that Wii U was dead after 3 years. maybe if it had better games in the first 3 years that wouldn't have been the case :reg:

SNES > Switch > Gamecube > N64 > NES >>>> Wii U >>>>>> Wii. The Wii is a stain on Nintendo's history.

Edited by Casual
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Ohh you're on that being retarded tip just to argue.

Not getting on that Remi-go-round. 

You're the retarded one...  and all because sugarhigh said Deck has/will have a better library than the non-existent Switch 2 :drake: 

He got you feeling a type of way:awww: 

46 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

100%.. and we had to listen to the retarded sheep act like they were getting brand new games like "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

Shit was embarrassing.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're the retarded one...  and all because sugarhigh said Deck has/will have a better library than the non-existent Switch 2 :drake: 

He got you feeling a type of way:awww: 

Nah you're being retarded.  Zero games are built from the ground up for steam deck, non of your spin changes that. 

This is a Switch 2 thread, not my fault sugarhigh felt so triggered that it will overshadow deck... So he to starting crying right on cue:awww:

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

You need to go recheck that. Switch got more new games than Wiiu ports even in the first year and first several years. 

You're off base with this one. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

You need to go recheck that. Switch got more new games than Wiiu ports even in the first year and first several years. 

You're off base with this one. 

a lot of those switch games were meh. look,i own both systems, so there's no reason for me to be biased. i just think the switch's first several years were heavily overrated.

32 minutes ago, Remij said:

100%.. and we had to listen to the retarded sheep act like they were getting brand new games like "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

Shit was embarrassing.

We were getting new games Xenoblade 2, Arms, 3D Mario, smash, astral chain, Luigi mansion and much more within the early years

41 minutes ago, Casual said:

it's not the switches fault that Wii U was dead after 3 years. maybe if it had better games in the first 3 years that wouldn't have been the case :reg:

SNES > Switch > Gamecube > N64 > NES >>>> Wii U >>>>>> Wii. The Wii is a stain on Nintendo's history.

the wiiu had excellent games. the tablet gimmick is what failed.