Will I hate Baldurs Gate 3?

Just now, JonbX said:

Go buy some more "pussy away" on Ebay, DOLT 

Didn't know I could purchases Jonbs on Ebay? :kaz: 

Rofl, ugly anorexic ass face over pretending he's some kind of playa. Bitch the last time you had a GF it was back in high school in the 1960s. Time to change your shit stained underwear, grampa. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Jobless, live at moms and collect video games at 40 years old :reg: 

I don't know why you think I live with my parents but that's hilarious. :D 

you will hate it because you don't know d&d, the game is based on the last edition 5d, but modified by larian in many instances for the game.

some mention divinity os as the closest game to it, which is partially true because even tho it doesn't follow a dnd ruleset edition it uses the same systems in its own scale, like specific stats like AC (armor class), hit rolls, saving throws etc.  and being made larian too of course. 

you will have to  learn a lot of stuff and figure it out or just play the game in a "sub-optimal way" which can end in frustration. if anything you might wanna play other crpgs first or even get into dnd itself. 

in short: just keep the dust on your xbox and don't game at all

22 hours ago, Ramza said:

I skipped the best RPG ever made because I was intimidated by too many icons. - Jonb

JonB is what most people think of when they think of xbox fans, clueless simpletons with only just enough intelligence to function in life.

What’s up with the leveling in this game? This sounds pretty lame

Progression also feels a bit stingy. There are only 12 levels available out of the 20 in 5th Edition, meaning you will level up 11 times over 100-plus hours. Gaining a level does feel like a significant event, but the fact that my party is still only level 4 after over 20 hours of play feels kind of glacial. I have been rewarded with other power increases like magic items along the way, and those can make a big difference. But many times I've completed a big quest, seen how little it filled up my experience bar, and sighed in disappointment.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

What’s up with the leveling in this game? This sounds pretty lame

What seems to be the problem? I swear to god some of you crpg/dnd noobs make the wildest claims. It's not lame at all, it's just how these games work. In dnd if you are past level 20 you are basically a god and in most games or (custom campaigns of a dnd run no matter what edition ruleset you follow you will almost likely never reach it. even though realistically there is no max level(((except if you change rules yourself))).

Didn't you say you skipped divinity os 2? meaning you played divinity os 1? Did you find it "pretty lame" too that your level to finish the game would be around 18-ish? 

It's not a JRPG with 100 bland levels, every level up has a big impact on character building. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

:D This game seems crazy

Fh1BA5Z.jpg

4 minutes ago, kaz said:

What seems to be the problem? I swear to god some of you crpg/dnd noobs make the wildest claims. It's not lame at all, it's just how these games work. In dnd if you are past level 20 you are basically a god and in most games or (custom campaigns of a dnd run no matter what edition ruleset you follow you will almost likely never reach it. even though realistically there is no max level(((except if you change rules yourself))).

Didn't you say you skipped divinity os 2? meaning you played divinity os 1? Did you find it "pretty lame" too that your level to finish the game would be around 18-ish? 

It's not a JRPG with 100 bland levels, every level up has a big impact on character building. 

IDK, im not familiar with this type of the game or the source material. But I always assume leveling up is one of the main carrot on a stick mechanics for any RPG.

Just played the opening section of the first act.. it's quite different compared to the Early Access builds.. and the game is far more polished and runs beautifully.

@Twinblade Tried out controller support as well, and it feels great.

This game is going to be epic as fuck :whew: 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

IDK, im not familiar with this type of the game or the source material. But I always assume leveling up is one of the main carrot on a stick mechanics for any RPG.

Levels are meant to actually mean something when you get them.  That's one of the problems with some of these RPGs these days... you just watch numbers go up but the gameplay is the same damn loop.  This game offers you more freedom and choice to get the job done than you've likely ever seen.. and that keeps it always interesting.

• Upvote 1