Baldurs Gate Discussion |OT|

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think im coming to terms with the fact that Im never going to finish this game :D Im going on vacation next week and when im back everybody will be playing Starfield so im going to jump into that

it doesn't help that im too much of a completionist. And wtf is up with all these games nowadays that have 100000 containers filled with junk scattered all over the place. I feel compelled to click on everything and collect it all. Its really a waste of time but it feels kind of necessary because you do end up making a decent amount of gold when you sell it all.

I still open every vase i see :9:

• Haha 1
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i get to this boss battle and i lost two times. Ok my spell slots were low ill go to camp, rest up and come back for the win. Well, i was in a danger zone and cant go to camp.  Also couldnt jump ba

I just reached level 5 and im pretty familiar with how everything works now and i got some bad ass spells. Im about 20 hours into the game. Its amazing. I feel like im at the point where act 1 co

Big battle, in the midst of things ---- LEVEL 12. I GOT THERE BO........ ***UNEXPECTED ERROR GODLURS GATE NEEDS TO STOP****    First crash in 75 hours of the game. Patch 1 putting in work 

Posted Images

IF anyone is interested there is a youube channel called Dan Allen Gaming that has interviews with the actors of some of the main characters. I watched the one with ShadowHearts actress. Pretty cool watch.

3 hours ago, JonDnD said:

IF anyone is interested there is a youube channel called Dan Allen Gaming that has interviews with the actors of some of the main characters. I watched the one with ShadowHearts actress. Pretty cool watch.

Even tho it's an actress playing a character, I think we all know she was sending special messages just to me personally

• Haha 2

Well, i got to the last main mission :ahmad:

I have a few side missions left, a couple BG missions, and a couple companion missions to wrap up. Just clocked 82 hours. I gonna get this wrapped up hopefully by the end of next week. Gonna estimate total gametime of around 95-100 hours.

Take a couple day breather than jump right back in to another 100 hours of Starfield :ironing: Im not going to place life aside for that game like i did BG3 tho. Or i hope i wont, at least. I dont think i will be addicted to SF like i am BG. But we shall see i suppose. 

All these other games too. FUCK

• Upvote 2
20 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Made it to Act 2. Shadowheart seems like a pretty important person to have around during the early parts.

She was my favorite character.

Ill all wrapped up. Final mission starts tomorrow night. I cant believe this game is going to come to an end 😭

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1

When i was a kid and watched fantasy movies....like The Never Ending Story, or Legend, Labyrinth...The Princess Bride.....shit like that. This game hit me with feels like that.

Honestly a fucking masterpiece. I will probably never play a game i enjoyed as much as this again in my life.

This game was like taking the most memorable entertainment moments from when i was a kid and SLAPPING me in the face with those same time feels as a grown ass man. Fucking giddy over this shit.

I hope the ending slaps hard. Im so excited but so sad. This made me fucking love video games all over again 😭

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
24 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

When i was a kid and watched fantasy movies....like The Never Ending Story, or Legend, Labyrinth...The Princess Bride.....shit like that. This game hit me with feels like that.

Honestly a fucking masterpiece. I will probably never play a game i enjoyed as much as this again in my life.

This game was like taking the most memorable entertainment moments from when i was a kid and SLAPPING me in the face with those same time feels as a grown ass man. Fucking giddy over this shit.

I hope the ending slaps hard. Im so excited but so sad. This made me fucking love video games all over again 😭

This is a pretty amazing review. I have to experience this. 

I think I finally reached act 2 and also got to lvl 6 at the same time.

I was a bit annoyed because I spent some time wandering around the area before this one because I thought I had to complete some quests before moving on, however even though the game implies that you can find the solutions right where you are, you actually need to progress through the main story first. I had to look up a guide a few times because the game is already long enough without you wandering around aimlessly while thinking you can progress in quests that you actually can't.

33 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think I finally reached act 2 and also got to lvl 6 at the same time.

I was a bit annoyed because I spent some time wandering around the area before this one because I thought I had to complete some quests before moving on, however even though the game implies that you can find the solutions right where you are, you actually need to progress through the main story first. I had to look up a guide a few times because the game is already long enough without you wandering around aimlessly while thinking you can progress in quests that you actually can't.

What quests? The description on what you have to do or have done in quests was pretty simple to understand imo. 

3 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

What quests? The description on what you have to do or have done in quests was pretty simple to understand imo. 

Spoiler

In the Underdark I always assumed I could fix the magic lantern and find the shar temple before moving on. Hell, when you find the broken bridge to the temple the game literally tells you need to find another path to it. So I look around for a bit and then after looking up a guide I realized there is no way to get to the temple yet until you progress the main story. I also found out you can't repair the lantern until you leave as well. So those 2 quests were pretty misleading and can result in wasted time because you assume you can complete them while in the underdark.

And i just got an email saying my new PC will be here TUESDAY and not the 19th like originally expected. I also got 170 DELL DOLLARS so im not sure what even to buy as they dont have much stuff i need. Might get an Xbox controller and a keyboard or something idk.

• aitch 1
25 minutes ago, Remij said:

PS5 version doesn't appear to be running that great even in act 1.. and this is with the latest optimization from Patch 2 included.  In the city it drops under 30fps.

Damn thats worse than my PC by a lot. I was expecting 4k30 1440p60 basically locked up in act 1 and 2. And the load times...

• dead 1