AMD confirms first FSR3 games

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

GTFO :D its much worse than that. I was getting sub 20 frames in many games at 2K for extended periods of time. In fact there were a few times during Hogwarts Legacy that I had to restart the game altogether in order for the framerate to return to normal.

Mine never went under 80fps

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that 7800xt for $499 is pretty sweet.

I dont think the graphics leap we are seeing warrants the perf and res that we are getting with it. UE5 games and others are 720p upscaled to whatever. Aveum is 480p on xbox ss  800p on PS5 and X. And

I didn't agree with Twinblade's other point about the AI up scalers making developers lazy.... "Those lazy" devs would be lazy with or without the up scalers.      The up scalers allow

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

GTFO :D its much worse than that. I was getting sub 20 frames in many games at 2K for extended periods of time. In fact there were a few times during Hogwarts Legacy that I had to restart the game altogether in order for the framerate to return to normal.

Hogwarts IS one of the broken PC ports tho. Requires 32gb ram and 10GB+ Vram for 1440p

Edited by JonDnD
15 minutes ago, Substatic said:

I consider a 30 fps release on console a bad and fucked up version, and unlike PC there is no week 1 or week 3 fix. They have lower standards and don't make as many of these articles that Alex and PC gamer do - doesn't mean you can hide from it. A lot of games have been releasing like this:

Why the return of 30fps console games is inevitable | Eurogamer.net

Traversal stutter is not as bad as a constant 30 fps, after trying it out. At least if you're used to 100+.

That's your personal preference. 

Other people's preference is not having to Tinker with every single game you purchased to get an acceptable performance. 

But Alas we weren't talking about personal preference.. We were talking about objectively bad ports. 

Edited by Goukosan
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

But Alas we weren't talking about personal preference.. We were talking about objectively bad ports. 

Yes, they are objectively bad although still better than the console version a lot of the time. And many times they are fixed as well.

I think UE is getting more tools to make this less of a problem.