Resident Evil Village, RE4 Remake, & Assassin’s Creed Mirage coming to iPhone 15 Pro (Hardware Ray Tracing Supported)

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Lol no

They absolutely do. iPhone 15 will have sold more than PS and Xbox combined by the end of the year. 

now, give it a few years when 99% of mobile owners have capable phones? The market just grew by 100x

Assassians creed will sell maybe 6 million copies on consoles? Easily topable on mobile within the new few years. 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
4 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

They absolutely do. iPhone 15 will have sold more than PS and Xbox combined by the end of the year. 

now, give it a few years when 99% of mobile owners have capable phones? The market just grew by 100x

Assassians creed will sell maybe 6 million copies on consoles? Easily topable on mobile within the new few years. 

The majority of iPhone users won't be playing RE4 on their iphone 15 pro

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Remij said:

I would not be surprised to see Apple make some acquisitions.  They're pushing more and more into "console" style gaming now.

I have a different point of view. I see them continuing with their own development, admittedly, amazing silicon and just being like… look, we can do console games too through a phone, iPad, etc. and here’s the cable to play on the big screen. We support the DualSense, come play.

I honestly can’t see them acquiring, but rather just getting in as they are. It’ll be Microsoft 2.0 or Embracer 2.0.

43 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The entire iphone base can't play this.... Its only iphone 15 pro users. 

Yea, basically nobody, outside of companies Apple actually pays to support their device, will support this stuff.  Phone game developers are all about maximizing the potential playerbase by supporting everything as far back as possible.

It will be a while before these types of games are selling anywhere close to consoles.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Yea, basically nobody, outside of companies Apple actually pays to support their device, will support this stuff.  Phone game developers are all about maximizing the potential playerbase by supporting everything as far back as possible.

It will be a while before these types of games are selling anywhere close to consoles.

Genshin has been downloaded 100 million+ times on mobile and has generated significantly more money on mobile 

COD mobile generates more than traditional COD…. By a lot. 

With $1.9 billion in total revenue generated by mobile gaming alone over the previous six months, it was the publisher's biggest source of income. This far outpaces the $1.25 billion in PC revenue and the $1.19 billion in console revenue.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

The entire iphone base can't play this.... Its only iphone 15 pro users. 

That’s why I said in a few years, like by the time iPhone 17 is out. Majority of iPhone users at that point will have a capable device (assuming flagship androids will be able to run them by this time too if they can’t already)

10 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Genshin has been downloaded 100 million+ times on mobile and has generated significantly more money on mobile 

With $1.9 billion in total revenue generated by mobile gaming alone over the previous six months, it was the publisher's biggest source of income. This far outpaces the $1.25 billion in PC revenue and the $1.19 billion in console revenue.

That's because they support many generations of devices.  Nobody is saying mobile games don't make money.

I'm simply saying that the only AAA devs that will be porting console games to phones which only run decently on the single newest generation of phone, are the ones that Apple pays to add support.  It will take a while before the amount of phones are out there which will allow them to sell anywhere near consoles.

26 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Is RE4 etc free to play like Genshin or like COD mobile? 

Free to play games make bank on mobile because the phone users get roped in with micro transactions and the devs also make money off ads. 

Your initial point was that RE4 will sell more on iPhone than traditional consoles.  RE4 isn't free to play, traditional games sell less and make less on phones than free to play games. 

9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Is RE4 etc free to play like Genshin or like COD mobile? 

Free to play games make bank on mobile because the phone users get roped in with micro transactions and the devs also make money off ads. 

Your initial point was that RE4 will sell more on iPhone than traditional consoles.  RE4 isn't free to play, traditional games sell less and make less on phones than free to play games. 

No, I said it could.  Genshin is also free on console. 

Over time, it almost undoubtably will. 

Minecraft sells more on mobile as well and does cost money. 

all I’m saying is the (much larger) market is already there. If the phones can play the games with few compromises, it will absolutely take off. 

1 minute ago, Tears of the Cows said:

No, I said it could. 

Over time, it almost undoubtably will. 

Minecraft sells more on mobile as well and does cost money. 

Minecraft sells more on PC. 

Minecraft also costs 6.99 which is a very mobile friendly price. 

AAA console games don't cost 6.99, they're not mobile friendly priced. 

And you're confusing money made off micro transactions with sales of a game.