The morons at MS completely misjudged Baldur’s Gate 3 and thought Redflop would be successful (TLHBFR!)

When trying to consider games for GamePass day and date, the retards at MS thought Baldur’s Gate 3 was a low-tier PC RPG that wouldn’t do well instead they thought Redflop would be a critical hit  :lawl:

:hest: They are completely clueless. It’s very obvious why Xbox is so shit at delivering good games 

IMG_7752.thumb.jpeg.54e5d558170cda092f054e29a5bf02a4.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Haha 1
  • FIREPOWER changed the title to The morons at MS completely misjudged Baldur’s Gate 3 and thought Redflop would be successful (TLHBFR!)

TBF, let's not act like the Baldur's Gate series was some high profile needle pusher. Sure, the series has recognition but it was never the kind of series that was on everyone's radar. BG3 is an exception and it took everyone by surprise.

Just now, Sabo said:

TBF, let's not act like the Baldur's Gate series was some high profile needle pusher. Sure, the series has recognition but it was never the kind of series that was on everyone's radar. BG3 is an exception and it took everyone by surprise.

yeah, it's like TW3 of this gen.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Sabo said:

But still why would anyone pick to push the dogshit that is Redflop over stuff like BG3?

Not saying everyone knew that BG3 would be a major GOTY contender because that caught us all by surprise but the retards at MS had to have known that Redflop was a turd.

At the very least BG3 was going to be a good game. There's no indication that Redflop looked promising at any point during development.

Edited by FIREPOWER
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

But still why would anyone pick to push the dogshit that is Redflop over stuff like BG3?

Not saying everyone knew that BG3 would be a major GOTY contender because that caught us all by surprise but the retards at MS had to have known that Redflop was a turd.

At the very least BG3 was going to be a good game. There's no indication that Redflop looked promising at any point during development.

i think they were banking on the arkane/bethesda brand.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Sabo said:

The only people who weren't taken by surprise by Larian's game being a AAA hit were PC players.

It also wasn't a surprise to me that cows, coming off Final Fantasy 16, needed a game they could latch onto to pit against Starfield... and luckily for them, Microsoft's policies handed an exclusive window to them.. and thus the hype fully went onto BG3.

Redfall was coming right off the tails of the Dishonored games. Arkane was on the up and a new game by them seemed like a sure thing. At that point in time it would definitely seem like the better pick over BG.

... But then the development hell began and Arkane lost a lot of key staff. How was MS suppose to foresee that happening?  MS already invested a lot into the game though so they were just kind of fucked.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

The only people who weren't taken by surprise by Larian's game being a AAA hit were PC players.

It also wasn't a surprise to me that cows, coming off Final Fantasy 16, needed a game they could latch onto to pit against Starfield... and luckily for them, Microsoft's policies handed an exclusive window to them.. and thus the hype fully went onto BG3.

That's some bullshit...

No one was talking about the game until those first reviews dropped. Once the glowing praise started rolling in the game caught fire and it was popping up everywhere. A game with little hype became the most hyped game basically overnight.

I'm sure fans of the series were looking forward to the game and were even expecting it to be good but to sit here and act like you knew this game was going to reach far beyond its fanbase and hit mainstream appeal is just bullshit.

Get the fuck outta here... LOL

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

That's some bullshit...

No one was talking about the game until those first reviews dropped. Once the glowing praise started rolling in the game caught fire and it was popping up everywhere. A game with little hype became the most hyped game basically overnight.

I'm sure fans of the series were looking forward to the game and were even expecting it to be good but to sit here and act like you knew this game was going to reach far beyond its fanbase and hit mainstream appeal is just bullshit.

lmfao no it isn't bullshit... the game had hype on the PC side... we'd been playing it for 3 years already... we already knew it sold millions in early access.. :drake: 

Edited by Remij

I literally said only the people within BGs circle were talking about it and expecting it to be good, you dumbass. But not even those within that circle were expecting it to be as big as it is. Even fans are calling BG3 a unicorn, a rare exception. Games from this genre just don't see this kind of attention and praise. BG3 surprised everyone with how it blew up and took the gaming world by storm. THAT was my point. 

Even fuckin Hasbro is surprised and is expecting BG3 to make more money than all of its film licensing over the past 10 years.

So don't even try to act like PC players knew this game was going to be the phenomenon it is. You didn't, STFU.

Just now, Sabo said:

I literally said only the people within BGs circle were talking about it and expecting it to be good, you dumbass. But not even those within that circle were expecting it to be as big as it is. Even fans are calling BG3 a unicorn, a rare exception. Games from this genre just don't see this kind of attention and praise. BG3 surprised everyone with how it blew up and took the gaming world by storm. THAT was my point. 

Even fuckin Hasbro is surprised and is expecting BG3 to make more money than all of its film licensing over the past 10 years.

So don't even try to act like PC players knew this game was going to be the phenomenon it is. You didn't, STFU.

:roll: 

I knew the game was going to be amazing.  I knew it was going to be AAA.  I knew it would come to current gen consoles.  And I knew after it sold millions in Early Access that it would continue to sell millions on the other various platforms :facep: 

Well even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Whatever, okay. That's great, YOU called it. Good for you, have a fuckin cookie. YOU were not surprised but YOU are singular.

But BG3 definitely surprised the gaming industry. No one saw this game coming, which again, was my point.

Well, no one besides you. There, I said it, enjoy your validation.

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Well even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Whatever, okay. That's great, YOU called it. Good for you, have a fuckin cookie. YOU were not surprised but YOU are singular.

But BG3 definitely surprised the gaming industry. No one saw this game coming, which again, was my point.

Well, no one besides you. There, I said it, enjoy your validation.

:wiig:

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

That's some bullshit...

maybe for casuals, but bg3 been getting lots of hypes since they went early access

2 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

maybe for casuals, but bg3 been getting lots of hypes since they went early access

Yeah, and the people playing the early access were people within BGs circle. 

Edited by Sabo