How is this even possible :tom:

LOL whatever little talking point that lemmings cling onto, is destined to fail.:drake:

They tried to say that Xbox was actually generating more profit than Sony, think about how stupid they were sounding when we first read their posts.

And make no mistake, they are absolutely hiding Xbox-related operating costs within their books JUST TO GET that paltry 7% profit margin figure.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This doesn't even make sense. 

PC beats any one of those probably. By far.

did you just try to defend a talking point by referencing something Phil Spencer said...................in public?   You can't possibly be that stupid, right? Have you not been paying attent

Posted Images

On 2023-09-21 at 12:13 AM, Mr. Impossible said:

This doesn't even make sense. 

Actually PC would be off the charts. 

There are numerous pc manufacturers, so if you add up all their revenue and profits from the home gaming business market into 'PC'  in this chart then the result would be the highest. It's obviously not even fair.

Edited by __MACK__
6 hours ago, __MACK__ said:

Actually PC would be off the charts. 

There are numerous pc manufacturers, so if you add up all their revenue and profits from the home gaming business market into 'PC'  in this chart then the result would be the highest. It's obviously not even fair.

No it wouldn't.

We literally have quotes from third-party GPU makers saying that they are stopping manufacturing of Nvidia cards because the profit margins aren't worth it anymore.

None of them see a single cent of revenue from a game sold.

I don't even know why you would even try to make the comparison because there is no one company in charge of the investment to provide "PC gaming"

Which makes Valve all the more look like a mooching bum who benefits from all the other hardware manufacturers doing the hard work, making real products out of real materials and distributing to people around the world, Microsoft provides the software foundation and standard for everything to run on. Nvidia and AMD and Epic Games. And Unity provide the important Middleware and GPU standards.

And all of those startup indie developers are the ones who fill up Steam full of listing of games

Valve is just the equivalent of Walmart or Amazon except they do less. They ship nothing. They produce nothing. They curate nothing. They allow pure shit to fill up their store shelves and process the credit card payments.

They're a commodities broker, nothing more.

Edited by jehurey
21 hours ago, Mr. House said:

Indie games and mid budget productions runs well on PS5 though.

You're too fixated on the production values and performance anyway. The difference is with the fanbases.

No one would buy mid budget games at 60$/70$ on PS5/Xbox/PC. Sheep have 0 standards and doesn't care. Soccer mom is perfectly okay with paying 60$ for Mario Kart 8 in 2023, which I played on WiiU back in 2014. 

The Nintendo fanbase is compromised of some of the clueless consumers you can find AND some of the most zealot fanboys willing to die on a hill at the same time. Neither care about the typical perceived value of games. They'll gobble up anything, full price. It's a phenomenon that doesn't exist in the same quantity with MS, Sony and even less on PC.

IDGAF about graphics or production values and I'm very aware indie games would perform ideally on current gen hardware. Yes, good graphics are great but for developers who are not producing power house presentations in their games, competing on high end consoles might not work in their favor. 

I'm just assuming of course but I'm Sony will welcome any game and no publishers want to leave money on the table. So if they are avoiding a best selling console they have to have prudent reasons to. 

I could be wrong but my assumption is the cost of development, benefits/liabilities of the various hardware, market place, legacy sales, and user demographics play the biggest part in where an idle or small developer would go. 

The Switch isn't just a successor to the Wii but also their entire handheld console market, which massive and floated the company for years. The types of games that would be on a modern DS, are on the Switch. 

• Upvote 1