Valve: don’t expect a faster Steam Deck ‘in the next couple of years’

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Steam deck owners aka Beta testers have been owned :kaz:

A take so retarded, you'd think it came from a Lemming.

It's a lose-lose for Valve when it comes to Sheep. If they release too soon the haters will say they abandoned the original leaving owners in the dust, if they release too late they will say not enough power.

Steamdeck is clearly designed to have more console like longevity than constant hardware refreshes. This is a good thing.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Steamdeck is clearly designed to have more console like longevity than constant hardware refreshes. This is a good thing.

No it isn't.

These people are already getting tired of that thing.

The hard-core PC enthusiasts are ready to move onto to whatever PC hardware maker makes a sleeker, more powerful unit, and they'll buy that immediately.

The rest. Who are casual or curious people who bought it, are probably not playing much on it anymore besides the most basic of indie 2d games.

Steam, once again, loses interest and never follows through on their projects.

They almost certainly didn't commit to any long term contract with OEM suppliers, so they've been buying AMD off the shelf parts.

The moment AMD stops producing it (because AMD will absolutely update their boards with the next series of APU) Valve no longer has stock.

Why do youthink you see the thing already be on sale?

They're clearing out stock.

And you're trying to spin this as a good thing. :drake:

• NPC 1
1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

It's a lose-lose for Valve when it comes to Sheep. If they release too soon the haters will say they abandoned the original leaving owners in the dust, if they release too late they will say not enough power.

And people who want more power sooner are free to buy whatever other device come along in the meantime...

Same library of games works on them all.  Steam :smoke:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't.

The hard-core PC enthusiasts are ready to move onto to whatever PC hardware maker makes a sleeker, more powerful unit, and they'll buy that immediately.

The rest. Who are casual or curious people who bought it, are probably not playing much on it anymore besides the most basic of indie 2d games.

They almost certainly didn't commit to any long term contract with OEM suppliers, so they've been buying AMD off the shelf parts.

The moment AMD stops producing it (because AMD will absolutely update their boards with the next series of APU) Valve no longer has stock.

God you're fucking stupid :kaz:

Just now, Remij said:

God you're fucking stupid :kaz:

LOL I love it when this dumbass is so angry by the stuff that I've said, but he knows he can't refute any of it BUT HE WANTS TO make it look like I said stuff that was wrong.

So he types a post like that and hopes it will work. :hest:

But it never does.

Another valve half-assed project being left on the dinner table, like the rest of their stuff.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't.

You're wrong :lawl:From top to bottom that post it just wrong. On every point, you're actually wrong.

Buffoon. :pffft:

• dead 2
1 hour ago, Remij said:

And people who want more power sooner are free to buy whatever other device come along in the meantime...

Same library of games works on them all.  Steam :smoke:

Yeah there's a sweet spot with a device like Steamdeck. You want to have it longterm like a console for the reasons Valve mentions above, but with it being a PC the hardware will be updating every year and new devices release all the time, its not like the console market where 3 companies put out 1 product around the same time and that's it for 7 years.

Hopefully Valve can find that sweet spot. You wouldn't want any less than 3 years, but probably not more than 5 either.

But yeah either way it wont be abandoned like Nintendo systems are since it will still be getting gamed and indies can keep this going for years long after AAA games become too much.

I wonder if thats why sheep are so bitter, they know their systems are always dropped like a ton of bricks :drake:

5 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

You're wrong :lawl:From top to bottom that post it just wrong. On every point, you're actually wrong.

Buffoon. :pffft:

No I'm not

I love how you tried that response, knowing full well you couldn't even explain it if you wanted to.

Even funnier is how you're the second person who's attempted this,  except yours looks more blatant. :drake:

Because the people running the asylym don't argue with the inmates, they just let them rant and rave.

You're that lunatic Jerry. You always think you know best, think you know whats going on and what everything means, convince you have never been wrong in the 20 years you've been doing this shit :drake: We're content to let you keep ranting about how right you are in your padded room :reg:

You can tell he's fishing for arguments tonight. Friday night and he needs a way to entertain himself. I bet he's cracked open a bottle and been looking forward to this all day :lul:

Lemij dont bite. Dont make his evening for him.

Edited by TLHBO
  • dead 1
5 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I mean I get him saying Deck owners are owned if they were expecting something new fairly soon, like say next year against the Switch 2.  That makes sense... but I don't think anyone here was expecting Deck 2 to release next year.. so nah.. and it's like I said.. people's Steam libraries aren't going anywhere.  They can upgrade next year to whatever the new PC handheld hotness is and be happy if they want.  Or they could just buy a Switch 2 and upgrade from the Deck to the Deck 2 whenever it releases.  Have both handhelds.  All PC and Switch games ready to go anywhere :blessed: 

8 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Because the people running the asylym don't argue with the inmates, they just let them rant and rave.

You're that lunatic Jerry. You always think you know best, think you know whats going on and what everything means, convince you have never been wrong in the 20 years you've been doing this shit :drake: We're content to let you keep ranting about how right you are in your padded room :reg:

You can tell he's fishing for arguments tonight. Friday night and he needs a way to entertain himself. I bet he's cracked open a bottle and been looking forward to this all day :lul:

Lemij dont bite. Dont make his evening for him.

LOL look at all of that, and he couldn't even say anything of substance.

he can't refute anything I said, but he's still angry about what I said.

his posts are about as half-assed as Valve's future product development for this chinese-manufactured handheld:drake:

• NPC 1

This isn't news. The lead engineer on the Deck has made this point since launch:

Q: The specs of the Steam Deck are pretty high compared to other mobile or handheld PCs. Do you think the Steam Deck has reached the limits of performance on a handheld device?

Pierre-Loup: Yes and no, I think it’s pretty much close to the limit of what’s possible right now, but obviously pc technology is always moving forward, the GPU architecture is going to get better, and we’re watching that closely. At some point, it will make sense to try to see if we can make a custom part that could be developed, but we’re not going to be looking at that for a couple of years because there is a lot of value in having the same spec for every device, so users know that the Steam Deck can run the same set of games, and developers only have one target to reach.

PC technology is such that it’s always going forward and we’re very cognizant of that. I do think that there’s a lot we can do to improve in terms of the display for the Steam Deck though.

https://news.qoo-app.com/en/post/111223/qoo-app-steam-deck-interview

Edited by sugarhigh