Gouks Piscatella - physical software only 5% of total US game spending in 2023

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

I don't back any console brand moron.  However, I DO back a platform with no retail presence... it's called PC dipshit

You can keep lying to yourself Lemij but everyone here knows you’re a retarded lemming. There’s no point lying to us, we’ve known you for years and there’s a reason you are called “Lemij”. This whole pretending to be a “hermit” act only works on you :hest:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What an absolutely meaningless stat relative to how he came up with it.     "Across console, portable, PC, cloud, non-console VR, subscription and mobile." I mean, this is just stupid... and

Next gen digital only       https://x.com/MatPiscatella/status/1777735255010811982   https://x.com/MatPiscatella/status/1778046551233085766

Gouks Piscatella    

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm well aware of the reasons people buy physical dumbass. :drake: 

Fact is...retail stores that sell games are dying.  Consoles are beginning to offer purely digital only consoles.  

The fact that you're trying to act like you hang out at the local game shop and watch people deciding which games to buy by the cover is just hilarious and so mid 2000s :D 

It just doesn't happen anymore like that.

I don't hang out there, lmao. It's just something I see often when I buy games myself. I'm serious, a lot of consumers are completely clueless. You think everyone follow gaming news and shit? 

Call me up when Amazon games sales are dying and then we'll talk. :D 

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

You can keep lying to yourself Lemij but everyone here knows you’re a retarded lemming. There’s no point lying to us, we’ve known you for years and there’s a reason you are called “Lemij”. This whole pretending to be a “hermit” act only works on you :hest:

^this is the post of someone trying to convince themselves.  "If I say it enough times it will become true!!"

Why don't you will your retardation to go away instead :pavarotti: 

2 minutes ago, David P said:

I don't hang out there, lmao. It's just something I see often when I buy games myself. I'm serious, a lot of consumers are completely clueless. You think everyone follow gaming news and shit? 

Call me up when Amazon games sales are dying and then we'll talk. :D 

lmao dummy.. there's no need to call you... each year the reports get worse.  You'll understand it eventually. :hest: 

4 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

GameSpot and Best Buy are going out of business soon. That will be the final nail in the coffin for physical games.

Lol? Best buy made 9.6 billion in profit last-year.

GameStop went from losing money in 2022 to being slightly profitable in 2023. 

5 minutes ago, David P said:

Not from games they didn't... and that's a 14% drop from the year before :D 

and dude... GameStop is FUCKING DONE.  Give me a break... :shake: 

Edited by Remij

Just to put things into perspective, the video games market in 1998 that Jonb and RemiJ probably hold in high regard and probably see as gold standard for games retailers, actually only generated 7.4 billion dollars, that goes for all consoles and PC combined.

Meanwhile Gamestop in 2023 generated more than 5 billion dollars in revenue. Basically one video game store brand is making nearly as much as the entire industry did in in the late 90s. 

Anyone who think this isn't a viable market whatsoever because it shrank vs online retails and digital is absolutely delusional. I can think of several markets that makes less money than this. 

And the concept that Nintendo and Sony would risk losing sales just to force a digital only future unto their consumers is nothing but a pipedream. Switch 2 is going to release with physical games and things will continue as is. 

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, David P said:

Online. They are closing stores. GameStop is dead. 

19 minutes ago, David P said:

Just to put things into perspective, the video games market in 1998 that Jonb and RemiJ probably hold in high regard and probably see as gold standard for games retailers, actually only generated 7.4 billion dollars, that goes for all consoles and PC combined.

Meanwhile Gamestop in 2023 generated more than 5 billion dollars in revenue. Basically one video game store brand is making nearly as much as the entire industry did in in the late 90s. 

Anyone who think this isn't a viable market whatsoever because it shrank vs online retails and digital is absolutely delusional. I can think of several markets that makes less money than this. 

And the concept that Nintendo and Sony would risk losing sales just to force a digital only future unto their consumers is nothing but a pipedream. Switch 2 is going to release with physical games and things will continue as is. 

Not sure why you are going back 20+ years to try and make a point lol. Growth is the word you need to understand, because without that....businesses shut down. GameSpot is like gas stations now. 

Nintendo will stay physical for sure. At least next gen. Sony and MS idk.

Doesnt matter. Physical is dying. Im not sure why you are pretending to be blind to your surroundings.

Hopefully when you open your used game shop you dont base its success / failure on 20+ year old metrics LOL

3 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Not sure why you are going back 20+ years to try and make a point lol. Growth is the word you need to understand, because without that....businesses shut down. GameSpot is like gas stations now. 

Nintendo will stay physical for sure. At least next gen. Sony and MS idk.

Doesnt matter. Physical is dying. Im not sure why you are pretending to be blind to your surroundings.

Hopefully when you open your used game shop you dont base its success / failure on 20+ year old metrics LOL

The business model shrank, the point is, it didn't shrank to a level where it's failing and dying.

The other point is that if the full industry could operate on 7 billion, I don't see how Gamestop can't operate with 5 billion in sales revenue.

There's money to be made still. Now their trade-in business model is a different thing, it involve a lot of risk from having piles of unsold games but selling physical games is a viable market, just not what it used to be.

12 minutes ago, David P said:

The business model shrank, the point is, it didn't shrank to a level where it's failing and dying.

The other point is that if the full industry could operate on 7 billion, I don't see how Gamestop can't operate with 5 billion in sales revenue.

There's money to be made still. Now their trade-in business model is a different thing, it involve a lot of risk from having piles of unsold games but selling physical games is a viable market, just not what it used to be.

Because growth :/ declining businesses die. That's how it is.

6 minutes ago, David P said:

They would still sell physical games without even any store. 

Sure. Until ms / Sony / pubs stop doing physical games. When it's low enough , why take 70 when you can take 100. Ms and Sony cannot wait to go all digital.

13 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Because growth 😕 declining businesses die. That's how it is.

That's under the false assumption that it will continue shrinking into the point of being obsolete. Which I don't see happening any time soon. 

31 minutes ago, David P said:

That's under the false assumption that it will continue shrinking into the point of being obsolete. Which I don't see happening any time soon. 

What's false about it ? It's right in front of your face.  Every year digital grows and physical shrinks. It's a matter of time. If ps6 comes out in 3 or 4 more years how much more do you think physical will have declined by then? 

It's a wrap. Buy those shitty disc's whole you can.

1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

What's false about it ? It's right in front of your face.  Every year digital grows and physical shrinks. It's a matter of time. If ps6 comes out in 3 or 4 more years how much more do you think physical will have declined by then? 

It's a wrap. Buy those shitty disc's whole you can.

Because it can't keep shrinking forever. There's not much reason now why current consumers wouldn't have already moved on to digital for the most part already.

Switch 2 is coming out soon enough and won't be digital only. We'll see by the time with PS6. 

As we are still buying DVD and cds 

It's inevitable and the growth is with digital. 

Time got them and they will get games too. It's happening right now you just don't want it to