Ghost of Tsushima PC requirements revealed - also first game to support PS Trophies + new PS overlay

GLXbIQDWkAEE4qC?format=jpg&name=large

Game has a built in PS overlay which allows you to access your profile, PSN trophies, and friends list.

6fe3ba648b2cf484d6ba9c861a34039e4919f7ff

The game will, of course, still also support Steam and Epic Game Store achievements.

This shows Sony is taking the next step into integrating their ecosystem onto the PC platform.  They're almost guaranteed to be working on a Store/client system as well. 

• Remij changed the title to Ghost of Tsushima PC requirements revealed - also first game to support PS Trophies + new PS overlay
27 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Who would use a Sony store when even Epic store with free games and exclusives doesn't really work?

Well Epic only puts out Fortnite.. which requires you to use the store.

Sony is putting out multiple games per year.  So their games would essentially justify their store.  So at least the money they make off their own games would all go to them.  But it's not going to change the fact that their games will primarily sell on Steam.. it's just a way for them to get more money out of the people who don't mind buying their games on stores which aren't Steam.   Also in the future I'm sure they will incentivize people to buy on their store with potential cross-buy and subscription service perks.

Epic's store doesn't really work because Epic doesn't really provide anything for Epic players.  Instead of giving out free games, Epic needs to fund games which are exclusive to their store.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I think the lunatics are starting to accept that Sony games on PC are not going anywhere. They're sounding super defeated.

Remember when Sony announced they were cutting back on some of their GaaS games and then Jim Ryan announced that he was retiring.  Cows were celebrating that Sony fired him and were changing course and that they were going to pull back on PC ports as well....

...and then their new interim CEO came in and said that they were going to push even harder on PC... and then they released Helldivers 2 which went on to sell more copies on PC than it did on Playstation and has become their biggest hit tracking faster than even Spider-Man 2?

Cause I do

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Edited by Remij
  • Geese 1
  • dead 1
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats actually pretty neat. Steam achievements are lame but being able to collect trophies makes the PC versions of Sony games more appealing for those who missed the original releases.

What's lame about Steam achievements but makes Trophies so good?

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

What's lame about Steam achievements but makes Trophies so good?

they're pointless. They don't feed into a overall score and therefore there's no purpose to collecting them. Trophies and Xbox achievements have always been way more satisfying to strive for.

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

they're pointless. They don't feed into a overall score and therefore there's no purpose to collecting them. Trophies and Xbox achievements have always been way more satisfying to strive for.

Oh, and what does that overall score do for you? lmao

1 minute ago, David P said:

I don't want to be a smart ass but this isn't the first game to do that. Portal 2 was actually the first. :D 

Huh? 

Just now, Remij said:

Huh? 

You could use STEAM on PS3 when playing Portal 2 and I'm pretty sure the connectivity worked the other way as well and would unlock trophies on PSN.

It was a very short lived Sony/Steam collaboration. lol

1 minute ago, David P said:

You could use STEAM on PS3 when playing Portal 2 and I'm pretty sure the connectivity worked the other way as well and would unlock trophies on PSN.

It was a very short lived Sony/Steam collaboration. lol

I remember that but I don't really consider this and that the same thing.  That was a PC game made for PS3 which connected to your Steam account, but not a PS game on PC.

I get what you mean, but this is the first Sony Playstation game to do it.

Just now, Remij said:

I remember that but I don't really consider this and that the same thing.  That was a PC game made for PS3 which connected to your Steam account, but not a PS game on PC.

I get what you mean, but this is the first Sony Playstation game to do it.

Yeah it's not exactly the same because you were given the PC version with a code in the PS3 box, but it's not far off in the sense of being the first PS/Steam online interconnected trophy progression, basically just unlocking PSN trophies while playing on PC. 

Carry on. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

They're all pointless, it's some retard ego stroke that does nothing. At least when buying and playing Steam games you get points and cards to customize your profile, startup animations etc.

1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

Everything on steam besides playing games is pointless. 

Anyway , will buy got and not play it :juggle:

Thanks for your support! :salute:

On 2024-04-17 at 12:54 PM, Remij said:

Remember when Sony announced they were cutting back on some of their GaaS games and then Jim Ryan announced that he was retiring.  Cows were celebrating that Sony fired him and were changing course and that they were going to pull back on PC ports as well....

...and then their new interim CEO came in and said that they were going to push even harder on PC... and then they released Helldivers 2 which went on to sell more copies on PC than it did on Playstation and has become their biggest hit tracking faster than even Spider-Man 2?

Cause I do

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

I love how you believe this interface thing was all created within a span of weeks of everything that you are describing :lawl: