PS5 version of Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes only runs at 1080p and has texture issues, PC and Xbox versions are 4K with no such problems

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Reviews aren't that high on MC but ooof that switch version :D 

PS5 - 83

PC - 78

Xbox - 72

Switch - 54 :kaz: 

those switch and xbox scores

OOOF  :kaz: 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be 4k on ps5 pro LOL

I cant imagine being a 40 year old that bases what he plays from obviously skewed opinions of others lol. Then again, ButtDamage hasnt spoke about playing any games. So i can see why he still has the

Copium lol are you a 40 yr old Tweeter fanboy too ? 🤣 PS5 version being worse than Xbox but scoring higher shows the issue with sites like MC and GR. But to you, that is all that matters. You RUS

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

idk wtf youre talking about with regards to "fear" or "cred" or any of that shit.

with the exception of a select few, i dont enjoy indie ghetto games. and yeah ign is notorious for overrating games, so hearing that theres a new 7.0 indie kickstarter game doesnt move me in the slightest. thats literally a dime a dozen. and my past experiences is what primarily informs that preference.

i could claim thats its "sad" that you have time to explore every 7.0 indie/vr game. thats a lot fo time not going into other hobbies or other life activities, but i dont actually give a shit, thats why i said you do you.

Trying to understand why it even matters what IGN says for you.

You need to actually look into a game if you want to know what it's like, not just categorize it and put a label on it before you even seriously paid much attention to it, if at all. Of course at the end of the day we have preferences, but when your preference is ''higher than 7/10 at IGN'', which isn't even that low, is sad. Period. Indie games I can understand, if production values matter a lot to you. That's fine and logical.

Why would it matter if my time was more spent playing AAA games only from massive games studios instead? I would have missed out so many great games, it would be a disaster. This stupidly elitist view of gaming means you are pretty much only playing the overrated mainstream shit spoon-fed to your by FAKE ''gamer journalists'' regurgitating the same opinions. SAD.

What were the games you mentioned earlier? TLOU2, MLB and multiplayer game Helldivers 2 (don't care). Yeah, I'm missing out BIG time.

Poor me and my 7.0 indie games. Better use of my time? Thanks but no thanks. :pavarotti: 

2 minutes ago, David P said:

Trying to understand why it even matters what IGN says for you.

You need to actually look into a game if you want to know what it's like, not just categorize it and put a label on it before you even seriously paid much attention to it, if at all. Of course at the end of the day we have preferences, but when your preference is ''higher than 7/10 at IGN'', which isn't even that low, is sad. Period. Indie games I can understand, if production values matter a lot to you. That's fine and logical.

Why would it matter if my time was more spent playing AAA games only from massive games studios instead? I would have missed out so many great games, it would be a disaster. This stupidly elitist view of gaming means you are pretty much only playing the overrated mainstream shit spoon-fed to your by FAKE ''gamer journalists'' regurgitating the same opinions. SAD.

What were the games you mentioned earlier? TLOU2, MLB and multiplayer game Helldivers 2 (don't care). Yeah, I'm missing out BIG time.

Poor me and my 7.0 indie games. Better use of my time? Thanks but no thanks. :pavarotti: 

good thing i never said "my preference is just higher than 7 on ign" - i didnt even mention ign's review when i first posted. i said it was because its an indie kcikstarter game - since we both agree thats a fair and logical preference, theres not much more to say on that front. ive found a few indie gems and whole lot more amateuri hour shit.

as far as ign goes, we have a 20 year sample size of ign overrating games. its not that complicated. take for instance the games you listed that you dont care about - TLOU2R, MLB, Helldivers 2. now imagine if those games you dont care about ALSO get a 7 on ign and sub-80 on mc. your care probably just went from zero to negative, or from negative to jonb's IQ.

if you think reviews dont matter and you have time to play everything, with no other hobbies and no life, then thats cool. sad, but cool. but most people with finite time rely on reviews to at least point them in one direction or the other, if not completely decide for them. if this was pulling down mostly 9's it wouldnt be unreasonable if that changed people's outlook of it. 

like i said, if you have the time or inclination to play every 7.0 indie kickstarter game to fact check ign and make sure its "really" a 7/not a 7, go nuts. SAD SAD SAD :pavarotti:

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

good thing i never said "my preference is just higher than 7 on ign" - i didnt even mention ign's review when i first posted. i said it was because its an indie kcikstarter game - since we both agree thats a fair and logical preference, theres not much more to say on that front. ive found a few indie gems and whole lot more amateuri hour shit.

as far as ign goes, we have a 20 year sample size of ign overrating games. its not that complicated. take for instance the games you listed that you dont care about - TLOU2R, MLB, Helldivers 2. now imagine if those games you dont care about ALSO get a 7 on ign and sub-80 on mc. your care probably just went from zero to negative, or from negative to jonb's IQ.

if you think reviews dont matter and you have time to play everything, with no other hobbies and no life, then thats cool. sad, but cool. but most people with finite time rely on reviews to at least point them in one direction or the other, if not completely decide for them. if this was pulling down mostly 9's it wouldnt be unreasonable if that changed people's outlook of it. 

like i said, if you have the time or inclination to play every 7.0 indie kickstarter game to fact check ign and make sure its "really" a 7/not a 7, go nuts. SAD SAD SAD :pavarotti:

It wouldn't change a thing on how I perceive them.

You can also actually read reviews or look into aspects of a game in more depth than go derp 7/10 = not worth my time.

You're putting way too much importance on the numerical score. 7/10 isn't some arbitrary threshold. Especially not from IGN, especially not from a game that is apparently suffering from issues and bugs at launch (will be fixed). 

Now go play MLB or whatever. Oh wait, you don't really play games. Just brag about high scoring garbage like the most completely uninformed idiot. But IGN said. 

Lmao. Sad. 

1 hour ago, David P said:

It wouldn't change a thing on how I perceive them.

You can also actually read reviews or look into aspects of a game in more depth than go derp 7/10 = not worth my time.

You're putting way too much importance on the numerical score. 7/10 isn't some arbitrary threshold. Especially not from IGN, especially not from a game that is apparently suffering from issues and bugs at launch (will be fixed). 

Now go play MLB or whatever. Oh wait, you don't really play games. Just brag about high scoring garbage like the most completely uninformed idiot. But IGN said. 

Lmao. Sad. 

lmao sure.

and i have read the actual content of the reviews from ign and others, enough to know that the criticisms arent just limited to bugs/stability.

fGk4kcX.png 

and nah im not putting too much importance on the score. youre just acting like you were born yesterday. we know how outlets employ review scales, know which outlets are lenient/harsh, and know how they generally correspond to our tastes and sensibilities, if youre remotely astute.

now go into jonb dumbo spam bot mode just because i dont care about another mid spiritual successor kickstarter indie game.

lmao. sad. and mad.

Edited by Quad Damage

Calling me a spam bot when you regulate the same XBOX SUCKS WHAAA over and over . Remember , you haven't spoke about playing a game in years :rofl:

Also remember,  ign and many other fanboybsites that "overrate" games are included in you oh so important MC scores :rofls:

7 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

lmao sure.

and i have read the actual content of the reviews from ign and others, enough to know that the criticisms arent just limited to bugs/stability.

fGk4kcX.png 

and nah im not putting too much importance on the score. youre just acting like you were born yesterday. we know how outlets employ review scales, know which outlets are lenient/harsh, and know how they generally correspond to our tastes and sensibilities, if youre remotely astute.

now go into jonb dumbo spam bot mode just because i dont care about another mid spiritual successor kickstarter indie game.

lmao. sad. and mad.

This isn't about me defending Eiyuden Chronicle. I haven't played it yet, barely looked into it. As far as I know it might just be the worst game ever made. 7 might actually be generous. 

7/10 still really isn't scary or particularly worrying. Still doesn't make your ''but it's indie, kickstarter, 7 at IGN'' argument any more compelling regardless of how this particular game turns out. 

Plenty of 7/10 games turns out way better than 9/10 games. Especially at fucking IGN. 

It hit me last night when I was playing New Vegas... It's actually a perfect illustration of how unreliable your mentality is if you take everything at face value with numerical numbers. New Vegas scored lower than Fallout 3 across the board. Graphics fatigue, outdated Bethesda graphics engine and launch bugs ruined the critical reception. Is it a worst game than Fallout 3? Hell no. Is it a worst game than Fallout 3 was at launch? Not even. New Vegas is virtually superior in every way and it's not as if FO3 has ever been truly bugs free either. I'm sure even if you haven't played the games that you understand NV is the superior masterpiece game while FO3 was overrated Bethesda junk. 

On 2024-04-21 at 3:29 PM, Quad Damage said:

bg3 isnt an indie level game and this just got a 7 from ign, rofl.

So did stellar blade :rofls:

Played a couple more hours and beat the 2nd boss. I wish there was some indication of when the boss was dying or getting weakened. 

This is definitely a throw back to the old. Its fun tho. Im surprised how much is voice acted.

Edited by JonDnD
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

So did stellar blade :rofls:

Played a couple more hours and beat the 2nd boss. I wish there was some indication of when the boss was dying or getting weakened. 

This is definitely a throw back to the old. Its fun tho. Im surprised how much is voice acted.

On 2024-04-21 at 6:28 PM, Quad Damage said:

im more willing to play a non-indie ghetto 7 yes, since indie ghetto games have lower standards.

with how hard you bashed rise of ronin for being a 7, and how hard youre defending eiyuden seven heroes, it seems like its YOU that needs to re-evaluate some things. :bena: 

:umad: