SE recorded a 140 million content disposal loss

Damn , going Sony exclusive for select FF games literally killed the creative side of SE. No more cool smaller games from SE. Only bloated mini game filled junk. Wonder what was all canceled?

Thanks Sony :reg:

Well, it's hard to feel sorry for them.  They handle their franchises like complete dogshit.

Like I've said.  They accept short term money from Sony to keep certain games like FF7 exclusive... instead of growing them on other platforms.  That doesn't mean that if FF7Rebirth was on PC/Xbox at launch that things would immediately be rosy... but what it means is that they aren't giving the franchise any ability to grow on any other platform other than Playstation... which is where their fanbase already is... so they are stifling the ability for it to grow.

That's just simple fact.  Like lmao, they released FF7 the OG game, and FF7 Crisis Core Reunion on Xbox... but nope.. no FF7 Remake/Rebirth in sight :tom:   Like who the fuck is going to bother buying any of these games when there's no confidence that the next game will be on the hardware :mj: 

These final fantasy games flopping should be a sign to se that they messed up.

Only making big budget AAA games hasn't gone well for many. Every day we see new layoffs from X company. 

At this point may as well sell to Sony ans let them take the loss.

This has nothing to do with FF sales performances. They changed their business model and cancelled several games that were already in production. That 140 million comes exclusively from projects that will never lead to anything because they're now dead.

Sony basically wants to downsize and release LESS games per year. I'm guessing you will see less mid budget games from them and only focus on a few big projects. Which would be really fucking stupid but this is Square we are talking about here so that's probably the plan. 

7 minutes ago, David P said:

This has nothing to do with FF sales performances. They changed their business model and cancelled several games that were already in production. That 140 million comes exclusively from projects that will never lead to anything because they're now dead.

Sony basically wants to downsize and release LESS games per year. I'm guessing you will see less mid budget games from them and only focus on a few big projects. Which would be really fucking stupid but this is Square we are talking about here so that's probably the plan. 

It HAS to do with FF sale's performance.

Don't bring any bs that can't be measured into this thread.

"They changed their business model", "cancelled several games that were already in production".

How would you know that business model was going to be good?

How would you know those cancelled games were going to be big hits?

That's right. You don't.

What we know is that their actual strategy didn't work.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

It HAS to do with FF sale's performance.

Don't bring any bs that can't be measured into this thread.

"They changed their business model", "cancelled several games that were already in production".

How would you know that business model was going to be good?

How would you know those cancelled games were going to be big hits?

That's right. You don't.

What we know is that their actual strategy didn't work.

They said so previously. They want to release less content per year. This is literally what they have said. Either this means a downsize, and/or a slower output but of higher quality. 

Obviously their big games don't meet expectations and nor do the small games.

When you release games the way they do it's nobody's fault but their own.

The FF series would still be relevant if they were still proper turn based FF games. Square hasn't made a proper FF game since FFX. Not coincidentally, this was the last time the series was relevant at all. FFXIII had hype, then it came out and it was literally the worst game ever made. 

All the fucking morons who argued for years it's impossible for a turn based RPG to be mainstream just look at Baldur's Gate 3 success and shut your dumb mouth. 

FF7 remake would be 10x times better as a turn based. Enough with the gay weaboo pseudo action/RPG hybrid games. They all suck and no one likes them.  

They have failed to capture the interest of the new generation of gamers and they are on their way out. When guys our age will be too old to play, they won't have any fans left. 

Keep making shit no one asked for.

4 minutes ago, David P said:

The FF series would still be relevant if they were still proper turn based FF games. Square hasn't made a proper FF game since FFX. Not coincidentally, this was the last time the series was relevant at all. FFXIII had hype, then it came out and it was literally the worst game ever made. 

All the fucking morons who argued for years it's impossible for a turn based RPG to be mainstream just look at Baldur's Gate 3 success and shut your dumb mouth. 

FF7 remake would be 10x times better as a turn based. Enough with the gay weaboo pseudo action/RPG hybrid games. They all suck and no one likes them.  

They have failed to capture the interest of the new generation of gamers and they are on their way out. When guys our age will be too old to play, they won't have any fans left. 

Keep making shit no one asked for.

To be honest, FFVII remake was good.

Once I am done with Intergrade, I'll probably buy the sequel.

No trolling, how's FFXVI?

55 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

To be honest, FFVII remake was good.

Once I am done with Intergrade, I'll probably buy the sequel.

No trolling, how's FFXVI?

If FF7 Remake wasn't actually the remake to one of the greatest RPG ever made, I wouldn't even complain. It's a decent game on it's own. 

I haven't played XVI. This is the first time I might skip a main entry (that's isn't a mmo).

6 minutes ago, David P said:

If FF7 Remake wasn't actually the remake to one of the greatest RPG ever made, I wouldn't even complain. It's a decent game on it's own. 

I haven't played XVI. This is the first time I might skip a main entry (that's isn't a mmo).

It's on sale for $35 now.
Might get it.

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

Disposal loss means loss due to projects being cancelled not games currently out. You guys are fucking retards :mj:

https://automaton-media.com/en/news/square-enix-expects-loss-of-140-million-from-cancelled-video-game-titles/

Square Enix announced on April 30 that they are expecting an extraordinary loss of 22.1 billion yen (over $140 million based on recent conversion rates) in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2024. The losses are related to the revision of Square Enix’s development policy and the scrapping of ongoing projects* (source: Takashi Mochizuki). 

The loss had nothing to do with FF16 or FF7R. Another lemming backfire thread :cruise:

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • dead 1