Sony and Apollo officially make a $26B bid for Paramount

https://variety.com/2024/biz/news/sony-apollo-paramount-global-acquisition-offer-cash-1235981220/

Sony and private-equity giant Apollo submitted a letter with the non-binding offer Wednesday to Paramount Global, as first reported by the Wall Street Journal. The bid, which would include the assumption of debt, comes as Paramount Global board’s special committee established to consider M&A proposals is evaluating the best and final offer from Skydance Media to merge Paramount and Skydance while keeping Paramount Global public. Shari Redstone, the controlling shareholder of Paramount Global, is known to prefer consummating a deal with David Ellison’s Skydance, whose bid is backed by RedBird Capital Partners and KKR.

Reps for Paramount Global and the board’s special committee declined to comment. Reps for Apollo and Sony Entertainment didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Posted (edited)

It would be funny to see Sony pay for halo development, but could make sense if halo makes its way to PS

this better not fuck with my nfl streaming tho 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
3 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

It would be funny to see Sony pay for halo development, but could make sense if halo makes its way to PS

this better not fuck with my nfl streaming tho 

That's what you take out of this, the halo TV show? Lol 

• Haha 1

Good luck. I feel like anything Apollo Global touches turns to shit, but I guess if Sony is taking a stake they might not fuck it up too bad.

6 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Good.

Soon they will be able to stream all of their games on  Paramount, lmao

TCHBFR 

:diplo:

• Haha 1
  • dead 2

You know what the world doesn't need? More consolidation of the entertainment industry. 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

You know what the world doesn't need? More consolidation of the entertainment industry. 

It's unavoidable at this point. With cable and movie theaters dying and a million streaming networks it's unsustainable.

In the past year WB deleted dozens of shows and movies to save money and Netflix/Disney/Amazon/WB have seemingly begun to release or broadcast shows that were platform exclusives to other apps.