Helldivers 2 on PC will be requiring PSN account starting soon

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And predicably tons of PC crybabies are crying about it.  Demanding refunds and leaving/changing their reviews to negative.     https://www.gamesradar.com/games/third-person-shoot

Missed this whole saga here but holy shit, Hermits truly proving why they are called Hermits.      Sony handled this very poorly but quite possibly the largest overreaction to something I ha

hermits are such little bitches lmao

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea.  One thing I didn't consider though, and I saw someone tweet it, is that many countries don't have official PSN support yet, so what's going to happen to them?

Dev responded on discord

GMqIkX3aoAEQAaW?format=png&name=360x360

Sony really should have just bit the bullet with this release and just demanded it from games going forward.

As for their strategy regarding regional issues... man... it would be in their best interest to simply allow any Steam accounts from those regions to bypass the PSN requirement as they are currently.  Only make PSN sign in a requirement in countries which officially support it.

You don't need to live in a country with PSN to have an account. I have friends that live in countries that don't have official PSN support with PSN accounts. It takes 5 minutes to create a PSN account regardless of the region you live in with a random gmail account, it's a non-issue especially for a free account that won't be getting charged. I own Chinese, Hong Kong, UK, and Japanese PSN accounts and I live in the US. Sony doesn't region lock PSN accounts and you can even buy stuff in regions you don't live in with prepaid PSN cards. These people are just bitching over nothing.

Edited by FIREPOWER
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

You don't need to live in a country with PSN to have an account. I have friends that live in countries that don't have official PSN support with PSN accounts. It takes 5 minutes to create a PSN account regardless of the region you live in with a random gmail account, it's a non-issue especially for a free account that won't be getting charged. I own Chinese, Hong Kong, UK, and Japanese PSN accounts and I live in the US. Sony doesn't region lock PSN accounts and you can even buy stuff in regions you don't live in with prepaid PSN cards. These people are just bitching over nothing.

I know that, but it can still cause an issue for them if they make an account in another region.  Who's to say that Sony wont crack down on all these accounts in the future? 

We'll have to see what they say/do.  The best thing would be to just reverse the decision for this game and give consumers a clear understanding that any future MP game will require a PSN account.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

I know that, but it can still cause an issue for them if they make an account in another region.  Who's to say that Sony wont crack down on all these accounts in the future? 

We'll have to see what they say/do.  The best thing would be to just reverse the decision for this game and give consumers a clear understanding that any future MP game will require a PSN account.

Sony won't crack down. I've had multiple PSN accounts for different regions since 2009 with zero issues.

I think Sony will cave to their demands but I imagine they will be salty over it. The whole fiasco is an overreaction that I kinda blame Sony for. If they had made PSN a hard requirement from day one none of this would have happened. These people are crying because Sony let them into the game without enforcing the PSN requirement and now they have to go back and make one. It's all entitled crybabies throwing a tantrum.

Edited by FIREPOWER
Just now, FIREPOWER said:

Sony won't crack down. I've had multiple PSN accounts for different regions since 2009 with zero issues.

I think Sony will cave to their demands but I imagine they will be salty over it. The whole fiasco is an overreaction that I kinda blame Sony for. If they had made PSN hard requirement from day one none of this would have happened. These people are crying because Sony let them into the game without enforcing the PSN requirement and now they have to go back and make one. It's all entitled crybabies throwing a tantrum.

I agree.  It's something that shouldn't have ever been an issue really.

Like I said.. I'd love for Steam to just have a built in account management system when you go into the client, add your various accounts, and then games simply query your Steam Account to see if the necessary account is logged in, and then just does it automatically.  If not, it askes you to add one.

I don't mind that games require log-ins to accounts... it's completely understandable in my eyes, obviously for MP games.. however it IS annoying that every game has to ask me individually.. especially the Microsoft ones lol.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Like I said.. I'd love for Steam to just have a built in account management system when you go into the client, add your various accounts, and then games simply query your Steam Account to see if the necessary account is logged in, and then just does it automatically.  If not, it askes you to add one.

I don't mind that games require log-ins to accounts... it's completely understandable in my eyes, obviously for MP games.. however it IS annoying that every game has to ask me individually.. especially the Microsoft ones lol.

I totally agree with this. It'd be nice to have an account management system like this. It would save me a lot of hassle signing up each time with a new game.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

hermits are such little bitches lmao

they really are.

Basically every single attempt at trying to paint any other faction as little bitches who whine online.................is now officially void.

These fucking PATHETIC PC gamers.............who alot of them are lemmings who ran away from their Xboxes...........are the biggest whiners in the world.

There's officially NO CONTEST ANYMORE.

That fool literally boasted "30K reviews!" like it was meant to be impressive. :drake:

XCk96iI.png

And its literally had no effect, because PC gamers don't have a choice. Its not like they have anything else to play. :tom:

• Geese 1

Pc nerdmits will defend junk pc port after junk pc port but draw the line on having to sign into psn lmao

These are the same people that raise their blood pressure thinking about epic game store exclusives lol. Bu bu Tim Epic:cries:

Steam fanboys are the fucking worst. And the best part is they are this butthurt about dumb shit like this but are ok when top trending games like "Step Sister Pussy"

Yes , that's real. It's embarrassing being a nerdmit sometimes I said damn :(

57 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Pc nerdmits will defend junk pc port after junk pc port but draw the line on having to sign into psn lmao

These are the same people that raise their blood pressure thinking about epic game store exclusives lol. Bu bu Tim Epic:cries:

Steam fanboys are the fucking worst. And the best part is they are this butthurt about dumb shit like this but are ok when top trending games like "Step Sister Pussy"

Yes , that's real. It's embarrassing being a nerdmit sometimes I said damn :(

It's deeper than that and Valve stepped in. PSN is not available in 177 countries, yes 177 out of 195... They just had to restrict purchasing in all of those regions for the potential of an unusable game.

This isn't being overblown, Sony fucked up big time. Valve is now allowing conditionless refunds for any who want it.

This is the biggest unforced fuck up in recent times :tom: 

Like I said, they should have been well advised that you can't just change shit after the fact and expect it to go down smoothly.  If it would have been like this from the start, nobody would have said shit.  Problem is they knowingly sold the game in regions where it was impossible for people to make PSN accounts without breaking their TOS.. lmao.

Now they've officially stopped selling the game in those regions, although I'm not sure if that was Sony's decision specifically, or whether Valve stepped in themselves.

The should have just cut their losses for this specific game and just made it a requirement going forward.  The devs are probably totally pissed with Sony right now :smilecry: 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Remij said:

This is the biggest unforced fuck up in recent times :tom: 

Like I said, they should have been well advised that you can't just change shit after the fact and expect it to go down smoothly.  If it would have been like this from the start, nobody would have said shit.  Problem is they knowingly sold the game in regions where it was impossible for people to make PSN accounts without breaking their TOS.. lmao.

Now they've officially stopped selling the game in those regions, although I'm not sure if that was Sony's decision specifically, or whether Valve stepped in themselves.

The should have just cut their losses for this specific game and just made it a requirement going forward.  The devs are probably totally pissed with Sony right now :smilecry: 

Not like the devs can do shit about it, Sony owns the IP :diddy:

Like I said, Sony will probably cave and change their TOS and PSN requirement by Monday. Everyone will forget this bullshit and shit will go back to business as usual.

The problem is, I don't think Sony themselves will forget this fiasco. If anything, it's going to make them more cautious going forward with their PC initiative. The only thing this hurts at the end of the day is people that are hoping that Sony brings all their games day and date to PC. I still see Sony launching their GAAS games day and date moving forward but I imagine any forces that are within Sony that are pushing for the quicker release of their SP games to PC have been shut up by this fiasco and overreaction by weirdo hermits. I can understand people in regions in the world that don't have access to PSN getting mad but let's be honest most of the most vocal and angry people don't live in any of those countries lol.

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

Not like the devs can do shit about it, Sony owns the IP :diddy:

Like I said, Sony will probably cave and change their TOS and PSN requirement by Monday. Everyone will forget this bullshit and shit will go back to business as usual.

The problem is, I don't think Sony themselves will forget this fiasco. If anything, it's going to make them more cautious going forward with their PC initiative. The only thing this hurts at the end of the day is people that are hoping that Sony brings all their games day and date to PC. I still see Sony launching their GAAS games day and date moving forward but I imagine any forces that are within Sony that are pushing for the quicker release of their SP games to PC have been shut up by this fiasco and overreaction by weirdo hermits. I can understand people in regions in the world that don't have access to PSN getting mad but let's be honest most of the most vocal and angry people don't live in any of those countries lol.

This IP isn't shit without the developer and PC gamers, lets be honest.

Sony aren't going to do anything regarding their PC initiative.  You guys don't seem to understand who has all the power here.  Sony are the ones who absolutely need PC for growth potential.  That's just a simple fact.  Sony is NOT going to change their plans for growth because of this.  They're also not stupid in the fact that they know it's because they're doing this months after the game released.  This isn't an issue because it's just asking for an account..  it's an issue because they're making it a requirement in regions where, by their own TOS, people can't make accounts.

PC gamers are crybabies about this for sure... at least the ones who could easily make an account but just want to complain... but for many others there's a legitimate issue here and Sony fucked up.  They're getting called out about it on twitter by other people in the industry as well.

This whole "sony's going to rethink their PC plans" shit is just hopium from PS fanboys :D   If anything, this just goes to show you that Sony has BIGGER plans for PC than just "making some extra income"... because if it was just about that... they wouldn't push for this so hard.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Remij said:

This IP isn't shit without the developer and PC gamers, lets be honest.

Sony aren't going to do anything regarding their PC initiative.  You guys don't seem to understand who has all the power here.  Sony are the ones who absolutely need PC for growth potential.  That's just a simple fact.  Sony is NOT going to change their plans for growth because of this.  They're also not stupid in the fact that they know it's because they're doing this months after the game released.  This isn't an issue because it's just asking for an account..  it's an issue because they're making it a requirement in regions where, by their own TOS, people can't make accounts.

PC gamers are crybabies about this for sure... at least the ones who could easily make an account but just want to complain... but for many others there's a legitimate issue here and Sony fucked up.  They're getting called out about it on twitter by other people in the industry as well.

This whole "sony's going to rethink their PC plans" shit is just hopium from PS fanboys :D   If anything, this just goes to show you that Sony has BIGGER plans for PC than just "making some extra income"... because if it was just about that... they wouldn't push for this so hard.

Sony has been successful for eons without PC gamers and they'll continue to be successful without PC gamers if they choose to do so.

Their PC move is just greed, plain and simple. They aren't in a desperate situation like MS is where they need to port their games to PC to stay alive. If you look at the split in revenue between their console and PC initiatives, PC revenue is a drop in the bucket. They are trying to improve their margins and increase profit like every other greedy corporation. If games are costing too much they can always lower the number of AAA games they release in a year and coast with third party partnerships like they've done this year. Arrowhead is good but they are nothing without the IP, they need Sony just as much as Sony needs them to make a successful IP.

Sony is definitely going to rethink their PC plans if they start losing money considerably because of a simple thing like email accounts. These companies assess risks. They aren't going to take a chance on a fanbase or a platform that they think is risky or can blow up in their face at anytime. Like I said, this doesn't affect their GAAS plans but anyone that is thinking this has zero effect on their future PC plans is just lying to themselves. This will definitely slow down any attempt to bring a PS launcher to PC or PSN integration.

PC gamers shouldn't think they are dealing with a desperate company like MS. Sony is nowhere near desperate to sell their games on PC. They want to sell their games on PC but they don't need to sell them on PC to survive like MS does with XBox games. PC weirdos using this as a rally cry to fight against the "evil corporation" better not overplay their hand. I can understand people in regions without PSN support being worried that Sony's TOS may lock them out of games but this is no reason to review bomb to hell a fantastic game like Helldivers 2 that has done everything up to this point right. They may be hurting Sony and the devs when Steam grants refunds but they are also hurting themselves indirectly.

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

Sony has been successful for eons without PC gamers and they'll continue to be successful without PC gamers if they choose to do so.

Their PC move is just greed, plain and simple. They aren't in a desperate situation like MS is where they need to port their games to PC to stay alive. If you look at the split in revenue between their console and PC initiatives, PC revenue is a drop in the bucket. They are trying to improve their margins and increase profit like every other greedy corporation. If games are costing too much they can always lower the number of AAA games they release in a year and coast with third party partnerships like they've done this year. Arrowhead is good but they are nothing without the IP, they need Sony just as much as Sony needs them to make a successful IP.

Sony is definitely going to rethink their PC plans if they start losing money considerably because of a simple thing like email accounts. These companies assess risks. They aren't going to take a chance on a fanbase or a platform that they think is risky or can blow up in their face at anytime. Like I said, this doesn't affect their GAAS plans but anyone that is thinking this has zero effect on their future PC plans is just lying to themselves. This will definitely slow down any attempt to bring a PS launcher to PC or PSN integration.

PC gamers shouldn't think they are dealing with a desperate company like MS. Sony is nowhere near desperate to sell their games on PC. They want to sell their games on PC but they don't need to sell them on PC to survive like MS does with XBox games. PC weirdos using this as a rally cry to fight against the "evil corporation" better not overplay their hand. I can understand people in regions without PSN support being worried that Sony's TOS may lock them out of games but this is no reason to review bomb to hell a fantastic game like Helldivers 2 that has done everything up to this point right. They may be hurting Sony and the devs when Steam grants refunds but they are also hurting themselves.

They've been successful sure... but their margins are razor thin these days.  They actually ARE in a desperate situation, because the cost of development and expectations for their games isn't going to stop.  It takes 5-6 years for most of these games at least.. and it's getting harder and harder for them to satisfy their fanbase.  You thinking that they can just lower the number of games they make... and coast... is exactly why they're desperate..  Because they can't just do that.

Arrowhead have proven they can make great games.  Sony doesn't own them (yet).. and I'm sure there are other publishers that would love to work with Arrowhead Studios on a new game that just evolves this idea and calls it something else lmao.   Not saying any of that is going to happen.. but the reality is that these are the guys that built Sony their first GaaS hit.. and it's a massive one, and Sony are fucking it up.

Again, you're purely on hopium that Sony would change all their plans because of this.  You're even contradicting yourself.  You say "Sony aren't going to take a chance on a fanbase or platform that they think is risky.." and then literally right after "This doesn't affect their GaaS plans.."  lmao.  This is a GaaS game.. if it's going to affect ANYTHING it's going to be their GaaS game plan...  Sony are NOT going to slow down bringing a PS launcher and PSN integration.  It's already here ffs...  Their games will include it and they will continue to make them.  I mean shit... look at how badly some of their games were selling on PC before.. and you had people like you saying "ohhh Sony's going to pull out of PC gaming"... and then the SP games kept coming and coming and Sony announced plans to speed it up :drake: 

This lesson simply shows Sony who they are dealing with, and that they can't sell games on PC in regions which don't support PSN and then make it mandatory without getting massive backlash.

This ALSO just goes to show you that PC gamers don't give a single fuck about whether Sony is desperate or not.. if they do some dumb shit the community doesn't like, they're going to pay a price.  PC gamers don't give a fuck about Sony being on the platform or not.  These are simply just more games to them.. they aren't the reason why they own the platform... unlike Playstation consoles.

And dude, be honest... if this was an Xbox game, your attitude would be COMPLETELY different about this :D 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Remij said:

They've been successful sure... but their margins are razor thin these days.  They actually ARE in a desperate situation, because the cost of development and expectations for their games isn't going to stop.  It takes 5-6 years for most of these games at least.. and it's getting harder and harder for them to satisfy their fanbase.  You thinking that they can just lower the number of games they make... and coast... is exactly why they're desperate..  Because they can't just do that.

Arrowhead have proven they can make great games.  Sony doesn't own them (yet).. and I'm sure there are other publishers that would love to work with Arrowhead Studios on a new game that just evolves this idea and calls it something else lmao.   Not saying any of that is going to happen.. but the reality is that these are the guys that built Sony their first GaaS hit.. and it's a massive one, and Sony are fucking it up.

:cruise: I'm talking about their future plans idiot, not their current plan right now. It's too late to reverse course on releasing GAAS games day and date to PC but it's definitely not too late to rethink the rollout of a PC launcher or PSN integration with trophy support.

:tom5: Sony are not in a desperate situation like MS. That's just Copium from you retard lems because MS is in a world of shit with Xbox and you guys want Sony desperately to be in there with them too. They are printing money off the PS5, just the royalties they get from games like COD and Fortnite is enough to sustain them indefinitely. Most of their money isn't even made from their own games, it's made from selling other people's games on the PS Store. Margins from their own games are shrinking but the free money they get from third party games keeps rolling in and with MS about to vacate the console space, they are going to have even more money coming in from Xbox refugees. 

PC retards definitely need to watch it. Yea, Sony is greedy but that greed only lasts as long as they are making money. If these retards start pushing back to the point it hurts Sony's money it will definitely make Sony rethink future PC integration strategies or at the very least cause delays in implementation. You can't be saying you want Sony to go day and date on your platform and then the next day start boycotting their games. Only a retard could think this kind of strategy can work in their favor.

Edited by FIREPOWER