[Rumor] Sony is preparing for a new PSP that will run PS4 games

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

this idea might've sounded better back when we first started hearing rumors about it in 2021/2022, and before the playstation portal.

If they created a playstation portal that did native ps4 playback, and then combined it with ps5 remote play, that would be a very convincing device that would be worth maybe around the vicinity of $300-$400.But they should've done that already instead of the playstation portal.

I was a bit interested to hear the sony guy say that half of their 118 MAUs are people still using their PS4's. so continuing the ps4 in the form of a handheld makes sense.

:rofls: 

Oh yea... continuing the PS4 is really going to get those people to go out..... and buy another PS4 :drake: 

• Geese 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, PSP1 is pretty underrated. It was a real neat little thing for the time, I remember being blown away by Tekken 5 graphics and later by Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Plenty of great games an

Please never talk about Nintendo ever again then. 

If Sony releases a device that plays PS4 games through some kind of BC... but doesn't play PS5 games... it's DOA.  If Sony try fucking around and spending resources to create games specifically for th

13 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Last time I checked new games are being released for switch

ones that I didn’t play 10+ years ago  that are just plain outdated by 2024 standards

also, bloodborne sucks ass in 2024. Nearly unplayable. Action games that require timing at 20fps :D  Shitty looking animations, you name it. The game sucks. You literally could not pay me enough money to sit through and play it in 2024, lmfao. 

LMFAO! it's significantly better than elden ring. stop being retarded, retardz.

edit: totk would hit 20 fps. retardz

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

LMFAO! it's significantly better than elden ring. stop being retarded, retardz.

edit: totk would hit 20 fps. retardz

Not even close. 

if you asked anyone with half a brain to play both for the first time, BBs age would instantly show. 

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

Not even close. 

if you asked anyone with half a brain to play both for the first time, BBs age would instantly show. 

ok, how would BB's age show? as someone who has platinum'd both BB and ER, i'll be looking forward to this answer.

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

ok, how would BB's age show? as someone who has platinum'd both BB and ER, i'll be looking forward to this answer.

every single thing. 

do you not think game development has progressed since it’s been made?  Not including the graphics….

outdated level design

outdated animations

outdated sound 

outdated input response

Gameplay in general is less fluid/polished 

every single thing about it. Nothing about it is modern. It’s a product of its time, and that is a time I have no desire to revisit. 

same reason I don’t go back and play n64 games. 

3 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

every single thing. 

do you not think game development has progressed since it’s been made?  Not including the graphics….

outdated level design

outdated animations

outdated sound 

outdated input response

Gameplay in general is less fluid/polished 

every single thing about it. Nothing about it is modern. It’s a product of its time, and that is a time I have no desire to revisit. 

same reason I don’t go back and play n64 games. 

LMFAO! so, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. thought so. in terms of level design, dark souls 1 destroys them all. the interconnected world is unparalleled. but bloodborne is a close second (loved the shortcuts). ER has weaker bosses than ds1 and bb, dumb level design (with piss poor enemy placement) and is basically " fisher price: my first souls game". hey, i'm grateful for it, since it introduced me to the superior games. but in retrospect, there's a lot wrong with ER, it's ds2 with a horse and the illusion of an open world (still linear af).

LOL there's multiple reddit posts in which people prove that FROM re-used the same exact animations from Bloodborne in Elden Ring.

O8LULMv.png

GD..............he's never played either game before.

He doesn't own any console :ovolol:

• dead 1
Just now, jehurey said:

LOL there's multiple reddit posts in which people prove that FROM re-used the same exact animations from Bloodborne in Elden Ring.

O8LULMv.png

he has no idea what he is talking about. he's a retard.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

O8LULMv.png

It’s literally talking about ENEMY animation. 

there is another characters animation that’s important. 

maybe the main characters. 

:tom: 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

LMFAO! so, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. thought so. in terms of level design, dark souls 1 destroys them all. the interconnected world is unparalleled. but bloodborne is a close second (loved the shortcuts). ER has weaker bosses than ds1 and bb, dumb level design (with piss poor enemy placement) and is basically " fisher price: my first souls game". hey, i'm grateful for it, since it introduced me to the superior games. but in retrospect, there's a lot wrong with ER, it's ds2 with a horse and the illusion of an open world (still linear af).

Why do you have a PS5 then? LOL just stick to your ancient PS4 and it’s outdated ass games. 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

Why do you have a PS5 then? LOL just stick to your ancient PS4 and it’s outdated ass games. 

actually, most of my ps5 gaming has been playing ps4 games at better framerates lol. i have been open about my disappointment with sony this gen. hell, its best exclusive is demon's souls remake :D

4 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

It’s literally talking about ENEMY animation. 

:lawl:he's trying to get out of it

You wouldn't know much about the player character's animation, since you NEVER CONTROLLED the main character.

That was your nephew, and you were watching him. :hest:

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

actually, most of my ps5 gaming has been playing ps4 games at better framerates lol. i have been open about my disappointment with sony this gen. hell, its best exclusive is demon's souls remake :D

That goes for every single PS5 gamer out there, and they're lying if they pretend otherwise.  It's been a POS, lets be honest.  It has barely anything that differentiates itself from the PS4 generation so far.

There's a reason why Jerry never plays his.  Why Madmal is basically done with gaming for the most part, why Aza is more interested in Switch 2 than PS5, why half these other guys never talk about playing these games...  Sony's literally out here remaking games from last generation... which work in Backwards Compatibility ffs :tom: 

It's been a joke.  Truly next gen games will cost wayyyy to much to make.. so we're stuck with what's happening... and I could easily see a world where everyone now copies Nintendo and makes a hybrid device.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

That goes for every single PS5 gamer out there, and they're lying if they pretend otherwise.  It's been a POS, lets be honest.  It has barely anything that differentiates itself from the PS4 generation so far.

There's a reason why Jerry never plays his.  Why Madmal is basically done with gaming for the most part, why Aza is more interested in Switch 2 than PS5, why half these other guys never talk about playing these games...  Sony's literally out here remaking games from last generation... which work in Backwards Compatibility ffs :tom: 

It's been a joke.  Truly next gen games will cost wayyyy to much to make.. so we're stuck with what's happening... and I could easily see a world where everyone now copies Nintendo and makes a hybrid device.

yeah, i've been appreciating clever game design, or innovative concepts, more than ever. i don't get excited over insane visuals. like, i'll appreciate them, but they don't hit me the way they used to. i think a pc and a hybrid/portable companion will be my combo next gen. once i finally decide where i want to live (i want to get out of south florida), i'll get a pc.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i've been appreciating clever game design, or innovative concepts, more than ever. i don't get excited over insane visuals. like, i'll appreciate them, but they don't hit me the way they used to. i think a pc and a hybrid/portable companion will be my combo next gen. once i finally decide where i want to live (i want to get out of south florida), i'll get a pc.

Those things have always been more important than visuals man.  I love PC gaming so much because the best games that actually do new and different shit.. all come from PC :D 

The hybrid platform is far more interesting right now, from both a gaming and technological improvement standpoint.  It's where there's still room for innovation and competition, so it's more exciting.

• aitch 1