Jez Corden: Next Xbox will be a reference design for other manufacturers to make devices, similar to Surface

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a lot of spin to say their strategy still hasn't changed and has been the same for years.   You're trying to spin and conflate day 1 GAAS as something new or as some new indicator tha

Not this gen, but the next! Wait not that gen, but the next!! Any day now!!1  

The reality is Xbox already has day and date games on Playstation, and Playstation already has day and date games on PC.  The fact that people are pathetically trying to distinguish between "single pl

21 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I doubt MS will get windows anywhere near as console-like as Steam OS.

I agree. They are too dumb and they'll find some way to bloat it with some useless crap.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

I agree. They are too dumb and they'll find some way to bloat it with some useless crap.

I'd bet there's already more gaming PCs connected to living room TVs than Xboxes. They could've made Windows more TV/gamepad friendly at any time in the last 15 years. Valve caught them by surprise with the Steam Deck and now they're scrambling. Likely to make mistakes.

But still if MS gets rid of the "Xbox Version" of games, and just rolls with PC that's an improvement.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Like 1

If they can make a gaming PC thats powerful and the size of series X, id be in for sure. MS games, Steam, PS games. Slap a good console OS on there and itd be legit.

If its powerful tho, you are going to pay for it. Gone would be a 500 dollar console.

36 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I'd bet there's already more gaming PCs connected to living room TVs than Xboxes. They could've make Windows more TV/gamepad friendly at any time in the last 15 years. Valve caught them by surprise with the Steam Deck and now they're scrambling. Likely to make mistakes.

But still if MS gets rid of the "Xbox Version" of games, and just rolls with PC that's an improvement.

lmao fucking nobody outside of the extreme nerds put a PC in their living room. Thats embarrassing. 

• NPC 1
5 hours ago, Remij said:

You know exactly why nobody bought them... they were running Linux and had no game compatibility support... not to mention Steam OS was "big picture mode" back then..lmao.  Times have changed greatly since then and Linux, as well as proton are real contenders now.. and SteamOS is about as console-like as you can get from a PC at this point and it keeps getting better.

Microsoft with Windows could EASILY disrupt this market, IF MS makes a Windows gaming shell that's very nicely tailored to a console like experience.  Especially if it plays Xbox and PC games.

Uhh, what do you think Xbox is? It’s a shitty flavor of Winblows with console like experience.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Uhh, what do you think Xbox is? It’s a shitty flavor of Winblows with console like experience.

...that doesn't play PC games... and is not compatible with any other hardware..

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

...that doesn't play PC games... and is not compatible with any other hardware..

It doesn’t matter. It’s Winblows console version.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

It doesn’t matter. It’s Winblows console version.

Yes it does matter.  That's entirely the point. :aitch: 

An Xbox that plays PS games through Steam on Windows would be peak comedy for me :hehe: 

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

An Xbox that plays PS games through Steam on Windows would be peak comedy for me :hehe: 

Not really because at that point it’s not an Xbox. It’s just a manufactured 3rd party utilizing their service to compensate. It’s highly possible that Sony could block hardware IDs from these parties from installing games. Lol

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Not really because at that point it’s not an Xbox. It’s just a manufactured 3rd party utilizing their service to compensate. It’s highly possible that Sony could block hardware IDs from these parties from installing games. Lol

Xbox was originally just a PC.. so it would be getting back to its roots :smug: 

And no, they couldn't.  They've all been cracked :pavarotti:

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

Xbox was originally just a PC.. so it would be getting back to its roots :smug: 

And no, they couldn't.  They've all been cracked :pavarotti:

Yeah for sure. I mean there’s always a work around, but I’m sure Microsoft wants some control over the software if they intend it to play Xbox games on PC. It’ll be interesting because someone could take their emulator for Xbox and 360 games and expand upon that.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, JonDnD said:

lmao fucking nobody outside of the extreme nerds put a PC in their living room. Thats embarrassing. 

Xbox is embarrassing

• Geese 1
2 hours ago, Remij said:

Playstation is about to get almost the entire slate of MS games moving forward. 

If that scenario where a potential 3rd party licensed Xbox, could potentially be open up to other 3rd party stores to the potentially play late Playstation ports is comedy to you. 

Then what's day 1 MS 1st party games launching on PS5? 

24 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

If that scenario where a potential 3rd party licensed Xbox, could potentially be open up to other 3rd party stores to the potentially play late Playstation ports is comedy to you. 

PS games will come to PC day and date soon enough. You’d be an idiot to think other wise… oh wait :bena:

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

A smart move by MS.

10 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

PS games will come to PC day and date soon enough. You’d be an idiot to think other wise… oh wait :bena:

Hopes and Dreams.