I seriously need to listen to new bands. Post music that you like.

3 minutes ago, David P said:

I feel ya. Sometime it hit you in the face suddenly, ''geez I'm that old guy now?''. Lmao, like an instant life realization, ''shit, I'm that old''. :pavarotti: 

Yep, exactly. :D 

maybe-funny-story. so @JonDnD used to call me uncle jessie (however you spell the name from the dude from full house). anyhow, we took a family pic yesterdsay, and one of my friends said i look like john stamos when he had facial hair in You. he was like 55 there :deadest:

• Haha 1
  • dead 1

Now I'm older I can't listen to anything where the lyrics are just ridiculous or just completely un-relatable to me. I mean, I'm not actually saying by contrast that I have to 'relate' to the song either but to give an example, I can't listen to too much rap or hip hop now like I used to in my early twenties. If it's talking about smacking hoes and selling weed....what the fuck do I have in common with that as a white man in early/mid 30s working a white collar corporate job. 

:ben:

Another example, Slayer, angel of death. Love the guitar in it so much but the lyrics are all about a mad scientist in Auschwitz. Can't rock out to that either. 

I mainly listen to grunge or EDM/House music. Loads of ambient type shit too when I'm working. Can recommend stuff if you're into it. 

Edited by Cell
  • Like 1
Just now, Cell said:

Now I'm older I can't listen to anything where the lyrics are just ridiculous or just completely un-relatable to me. I mean, I'm not actually saying by contrast that I have to 'relate' to the song either but to give an example, I can't listen to too much rap or hip hop now like I used to in my early twenties. If it's talking about smacking hoes and selling weed....what the fuck do I have in common with that as a white man in early/mid 30s working a white collar corporate job. 

:ben:

Another example, Slayer, angel of death. Love the guitar in it so much but the lyrics are all about a mad scientist in Auschwitz. Can't rock out to that either. 

I mainly listen to grunge or EDM/House music. Loads of ambient type shit too when I'm working. Can recommend stuff if you're into it. 

broooooo....same! alice in chains, nirvana, sound garden....then bassnectar and juelz.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

broooooo....same! alice in chains, nirvana, sound garden....then bassnectar and juelz.

I only discovered Alice in Chains about 5 years ago, omfg. You reccomended Mad Season Wake Up about 3 years ago to me and it ended up in my Spotify most played top 3.

Layne. :tear2: 

Edited by Cell
  • Like 1

Iceage, punks from Denmark put out their first record when they were like 19. Now they've got 5 albums, each one a big development of their sound: