Official Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Thread - 10/10 IGN, 10/10 GS, 95 Meta - Game of the Year. Best DLC oif All Time.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This DLC has been very difficult for me with my character build.  I actually spent a decent portion today just in the main game getting various talismans and skills/incantations I missed for a new bui

Imo the base games are nothing aside from that first playthrough of Sekiro. I don’t think this is rage quitting and leaving a negative review hard thus far, but it’s typical From DLC hard and Elden Ri

i think my gf knew i wanted to play this (i may have low key dropped that i wanted to play this tonight lol) and asked if we can do something tomorrow night instead.  the universe is on my side. just

11 minutes ago, Remij said:

Says the guy not playing it :rofl: 

In fact... notice how the only people playing the game here.... are playing on PC and Xbox:rofl: :rofls: 

It’s too hard for KiddieC players :pavarotti:

Actually I take it back I’m fucking everything up :D haven’t actually had to fight a boss yet. But I’m surprised how quickly it’s coming back. 

these sluts better respect their lord 

• aitch 1
43 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's easy for Cowards who aren't playing it :pavarotti:

Don’t get too butthurt. Just reporting the news. :reg:

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

So am I :reg: 

Breaking News: Lemij’s KiddieC friends can’t YouTube a video for Elden Ring DLC strategy guides and instead down vote on Steam! :vince:

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Breaking News: Lemij’s KiddieC friends can’t YouTube a video for Elden Ring DLC strategy guides and instead down vote on Steam! :vince:

PC gamers have the highest Elden Ring completion rates.  Lynny with the fake news :pavarotti:

Just now, Remij said:

PC gamers have the highest Elden Ring completion rates.  Lynny with the fake news :pavarotti:

What about Xbawks? :pavarotti:

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

What about it besides the fact that it's on your mind 24/7? :cruise: 

Because you are my Xbawks source these days. :banderoos:

10 hours ago, Remij said:

This DLC has been very difficult for me with my character build.  I actually spent a decent portion today just in the main game getting various talismans and skills/incantations I missed for a new build I've decided on.  I'm finally starting to wreck some shit.. though I imagine I'll hit a brick wall soon again :D 

Can we just take a second though, to appreciate this entire game and world that FROM have created here.  When you add up all of the Lands Between and subterranean areas, plus this new expansion.  This entire thing is just absolutely insane.  Like literally.  This game is insanely beautiful and well architected.. the visuals are breathtaking at times.  Like I know FROM gets shit for their games not being the most optimized or technically proficient.. and they get criticized for reusing a lot of things... but this game is such a massive jump in ambition compared to what any of their previous games were.  Like... taking a relatively linear series, and then basically blowing it wide open and still having it be interesting to explore and give the player visual cues they need to navigate it all and progress..  It's not just as simple as make it bigger and spread everything out.. there's so many gameplay elements and design decisions that have to be made to make it all work.  

It's crazy, and FROM are basically right at the top. :aitch: 

Oh yeah, this is a game that definitely rewards you for exploring and finding any way to buff your character. I’m not a “gud” player, so I have to use every advantage I can find. As for the expansion, I’m in awe of the world design and how intricate it all is. The art design is quite stellar too. On a technical level, it’s ridiculously optimized for the Steam Deck. I’m still mostly getting 40+ fps. I have gotten minor dips to 30, though, in some of the more elaborate areas. Circling back to difficulty - you will hit a brick wall :D the base game is a lot easier. My best advice for everyone is to get as many Scadutree fragments and Revered spirit ash you can find. These helped me - greatly - with the first 4 bosses. I’m going to do a fuck ton of exploring today before I retry boss #5 (who many consider to be the coolest boss - and for good reason). 

edit: I tried the boss one more time :D the first phase is easy enough. But that second phase completely wrecks me :deadest: 

So it looks like you can get to +20. I’m +8 now and maybe fought 4 enemies to get there. Bigger enemies are still hard but I’m one shotting many now using the sword you get at the end of the game. I need to get to plus 20 and just walk through the game killing people with one button. :tom: 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

So it looks like you can get to +20. I’m +8 now and maybe fought 4 enemies to get there. Bigger enemies are still hard but I’m one shotting many. I need to get to plus 20 and just walk through the game. :tom: 

Ha. You’ll come across a boss that will humble you. I’m +11 and that second phase is no joke lol