Official Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Thread - 10/10 IGN, 10/10 GS, 95 Meta - Game of the Year. Best DLC oif All Time.

I get so close to beating this fucker

Spoiler

Messmer

, but no cigar. No clue how many times I’ve tried or styles I’ve used. I haven’t found a definitive weakness. Maybe bleed, magic or a bonk. I’ll try again tomorrow or in a few days. It’s going to be a busy week. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think my gf knew i wanted to play this (i may have low key dropped that i wanted to play this tonight lol) and asked if we can do something tomorrow night instead.  the universe is on my side. just

81% positive for English reviews, 31% positive for simplified Chinese. China needs to git gud.

i beat the expansion. i ended up enjoying the final boss a lot more than i expected, despite who/what it is getting spoiled for me. i think some will be disappointed by it (seems to be common with fin

1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

People that are good at souls games are saying this is stupid hard. So yeah not for me lol

The level and artistic design are stellar. The imbalance with the bosses is a bit weird. I came across another boss, who is supposed be fought later in the game, and beat him on my first shot lol. ER was the same way. I thought Godrick was way easier than Morgot, despite Morgot being the first. 

Do people still suck at Souls games or this is actually, genuinely hard? 

DeS, DS1, Bloodborne, those games aren't shit tbh. Beat all the Souls games offline with no help, except for DS3 but I don't care because that game sucked. 

29 minutes ago, David P said:

DeS, DS1, Bloodborne, those games aren't shit tbh. Beat all the Souls games offline with no help, except for DS3 but I don't care because that game sucked. 

This expansion has bosses that make the older games feel easy af. 1 and 2 shot deaths are common. They are also spongy. Unless you truly are “gud”, this expansion will turn off some players.  I personally found the first 4 main bosses to be standard fare. However, there’s a main one and a side one that turned me out :D I get so close to beating the main one, but I think I need more buffs. 

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, David P said:

Imo the base games are nothing aside from that first playthrough of Sekiro. I don’t think this is rage quitting and leaving a negative review hard thus far, but it’s typical From DLC hard and Elden Ring brought in a lot of people that played From’s easiest game and are getting introduced to what their DLC usually is. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

Imo the base games are nothing aside from that first playthrough of Sekiro. I don’t think this is rage quitting and leaving a negative review hard thus far, but it’s typical From DLC hard and Elden Ring brought in a lot of people that played From’s easiest game and are getting introduced to what their DLC usually is. 

Makes sense. 

7 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

True. Though, the only boss in old hunters that made me want to murder someone was Orphan of Kos. God, I hated him….until I learned his pattern. Then he was easy. That’s Soulsborne in a nutshell lol. 

i had some free time today, so i did the dragon questline. that shit was DOPE! the final boss fight was pretty challenging, but i found a way to negate most of the 2nd half attacks. you'll meet a pretty cool dude and, even if you hate summoning because it's "cheating", this is the one npc you'll want - mainly because of the story in the questline. you get a really cool ability once you are done. i have no clue how it'll affect battles, but i'll be experimenting. i think that's one of the best parts of this expansion (and ER in general) - you can be stuck and still find ways to progress.

i defeated

Spoiler

messmer

on my first try today...after getting humiliated by him dozens of times yesterday. i even had health flasks to spare. i respec'd and became the agile bleed-inducing mage lol. that was an EPIC fight! i was forced to "git gud" lol.

Spoiler, but you’ll thank me. You’ll come across a part where you can burn a tree. DON’T, unless you are done with your quests. I fucked myself over a bit. 

As for my run, I’m close to the end (wish I would have done more than just 3 quest lines). 

I have beaten both “super hard” bosses…even though the second  “super hard” one was easy since I’m rocking +13/+7 stats. 

however, the enemies in the later areas are raping the fuck out of me, hence me doing the quests. Oh well. I’m sure I’ll be fine. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Spoiler, but you’ll thank me. You’ll come across a part where you can burn a tree. DON’T, unless you are done with your quests. I fucked myself over a bit. 

As for my run, I’m close to the end (wish I would have done more than just 3 quest lines). 

I have beaten both “super hard” bosses…even though the second  “super hard” one was easy since I’m rocking +13/+7 stats. 

however, the enemies in the later areas are raping the fuck out of me, hence me doing the quests. Oh well. I’m sure I’ll be fine. 

Spoiler

The super hards being Messmer and Bayle, yeah? I got them tonight, but Commander Gaius is fucking me up. One or two more Scadutree levels and I'd have him pretty handily because I get him pretty low every time before just eating two attacks waiting for a window to heal to open up. At least with Messmer there was no doubt I needed to just come back later because from the jump he was two shotting me but it's only once Gaius goes anime that I have problems.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

Hide contents

The super hards being Messmer and Bayle, yeah? I got them tonight, but Commander Gaius is fucking me up. One or two more Scadutree levels and I'd have him pretty handily because I get him pretty low every time before just eating two attacks waiting for a window to heal to open up. At least with Messmer there was no doubt I needed to just come back later because from the jump he was two shotting me but it's only once Gaius goes anime that I have problems.

Gaius is a cunt :mad: 

23 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Hide contents

Yup. Those 2 were pretty damn tough, but 

Spoiler

Messmer

gave me a major headache lol. 

Got up to Scadtree blessing 17. I’ve been exploring all morning. I think I’ll aim for 18, then aim for the end game. 

and yeah, they make a huge difference. Late game enemies don’t feel as tanky now. 

I could have probably killed some of the earlier bosses 

Spoiler

Messmer in particular 

I struggled with faster, had I upgraded to like 14 early on. Oh well, I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but I’m loving the ride. 

a special shot out to the blasphemous blade - easily the mvp in this expansion (for me). i've beaten most of the bosses with it. a few needed different tactics (like a good bonking or run/dodge/strike with staff or magic) . however, its weapon art is truly magical - almost broken. i knew it was something special when i wiped the floor with malenia with it.

at the final boss. i get so damn close, and wack lol. apparently it's easy if you do certain story quests (you get 2 extra summons).  though, i think a better shield and a change in talisman can finish it. i'll try again later.

edit: if you think you'll need that extra help at the end, with the summons, don't burn the tree like i did until you are ready to close the game out.