Legion Go is on sale for $580

I personally hate detachable "joycons". I want a handheld to feel totally solid. The Go seems better and more durable than the Ally tho.

You can get the SteamOS experience on non-Deck devices with Bazzite Linux:

https://bazzite.gg/#image-picker

I'm currently using this on my desktop in the living room to replace the PS5.

i came really close to pukling the trigger this morning however i still havent received my pc so i feel like getting this will dampen the experience. howver fun fact i bitched at lenovo for failing to ship my computer yet so they took an extra 5% off which ended up being like 80 bucks which was nice.

2 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Thats about 300 more than what it should be.

agreed i applied my amazon gift cards and still saw i owed 400. and i actuallt have another $550 in work rewards i could get amazon gift cards with to get it for free and still decided that was too much. id rather use the money towards things i actually need. drop it to $350 and ill consider it however i read the battery life is Garbage and its a "portable" that you need to keep plugged in. Na. 

Yeah these handhelds are gimped garbage that cost way too much and are barely portable.

• NPC 1
3 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Yeah these handhelds are gimped garbage that cost way too much and are barely portable.

My SD Oled is what’s still keeping me gaming. Nearly 400 hours this year alone. 

• aitch 1
4 hours ago, poopy_butt said:

agreed i applied my amazon gift cards and still saw i owed 400. and i actuallt have another $550 in work rewards i could get amazon gift cards with to get it for free and still decided that was too much. id rather use the money towards things i actually need. drop it to $350 and ill consider it however i read the battery life is Garbage and its a "portable" that you need to keep plugged in. Na. 

The battery life for the GO is better than the Ally. That takes the larger screen into consideration too so its not too bad all things considered.

47 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

My SD Oled is what’s still keeping me gaming. Nearly 400 hours this year alone. 

The SteamDeck is fucking great. I don't game much anymore but it's a great side piece. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

The SteamDeck is fucking great. I don't game much anymore but it's a great side piece. 

Steam Deck is the best companion you can have as a PC gamer.. and I'll say that by the time the Steam Deck 2 releases, that will be the best handheld device in existence fullstop.

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

400 gimped hours :whew:

Nah. I mostly play indie AAA masterpieces like Lorelei and the Laser Eyes. They look/run perfect. I stay away from soulless trash like starfield, which is a gimped RPG, in general. 

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The battery life for the GO is better than the Ally. That takes the larger screen into consideration too so its not too bad all things considered.

i think the new ally is supposed to have a much better battery life 

1 hour ago, poopy_butt said:

i think the new ally is supposed to have a much better battery life 

it's kind of pricey, though. also, i don't know if the SD slot issue was fixed. that would bug tf out of me.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

it's kind of pricey, though. also, i don't know if the SD slot issue was fixed. that would bug tf out of me.

They fixed it, but that sku is overpriced. $800 is just ridiculous especially when both the go and original ally are constantly on sale within the $500-$600 range

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

how much? ive been playing the shit out of fall out 4 again and love the idea of it portable but ehh. do i need it?

price jumped back up, damnit. anyways, does anyone actually own one of these? my pc ship date got pushed back an entire month which kind of fucked up my plans. fucking lenovo.

Edited by poopy_butt
1 hour ago, poopy_butt said:

price jumped back up, damnit. anyways, does anyone actually own one of these? my pc ship date got pushed back an entire month which kind of fucked up my plans. fucking lenovo.

just get a steam deck

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

just get a steam deck

well, diabetes, isnt that significantly weaker? ive thought about it i just feel like the second i buy it theyll start announcing steam deck 2 shit. and with switch 2 being announced soon, hopefully, it feels like such a weird time to invest in aging hardware.

Edited by poopy_butt