DF: The image quality leap of FF7 Rebirth on the PS5 Pro was even larger than anticipated

They problem with the pro is that it's just going to lead to another generation of remasters, mid-generation. So far the only real motivation they are giving is "play your games over again, just better looking this time."

Just now, Mr. Impossible said:

They problem with the pro is that it's just going to lead to another generation of remasters, mid-generation. So far the only real motivation they are giving is "play your games over again, just better looking this time."

yeah, i'm remastered/remade out. the only remakes i felt needed to be made were persona 3 reload (significant overhaul with its social bonds and QoL) and demon's souls (it looked and ran like ass on ps3 - tried playing it back then).

4 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Huh, no? There won't be any more remasters than there already is. No one is going to make specific games for PS5 Pro. 

"play your games over again, just better looking this time."

That's EXACTLY what the PS5 Pro is for. What is the fucking issue. I swear you people have a completely backward view of this console despite the fact we had the exact same shit last-gen and IT DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. The graphics whore who cares about the weebs at DigitalFoundry finding minute differences between multiplatform games will rejoice, everyone else will not be affected in any way.

I just bought a PS5 this month and this will not change anything for me. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i'm remastered/remade out. the only remakes i felt needed to be made were persona 3 reload (significant overhaul with its social bonds and QoL) and demon's souls (it looked and ran like ass on ps3 - tried playing it back then).

I disagree, the PS5 Pro is just a little more power to the existing PS5 for people that want more power. It won't affect whether we get more remasters for it as the install base for it is too small to warrant that. It just takes PS5's existing games and runs them better. it's no different from what the PS4 Pro and XB1X did last gen and it's for a niche market. PS5 will still get the remasters it was going to get even if the Pro didn't exist.

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

I disagree, the PS5 Pro is just a little more power to the existing PS5 for people that want more power. It won't affect whether we get more remasters for it as the install base for it is too small to warrant that. It just takes PS5's existing games and runs them better. it's no different from what the PS4 Pro and XB1X did last gen and it's for a niche market. PS5 will still get the remasters it was going to get even if the Pro didn't exist.

i was mainly talking about remakes/remasters, in general. the ps5 pro is fine for what it is and will serve a purpose for some heavily invested in the ps ecosystem.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, David P said:

Huh, no? There won't be any more remasters than there already is. No one is going to make specific games for PS5 Pro. 

"play your games over again, just better looking this time."

That's EXACTLY what the PS5 Pro is for. What is the fucking issue. I swear you people have a completely backward view of this console despite the fact we had the exact same shit last-gen and IT DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. The graphics whore who cares about the weebs at DigitalFoundry finding minute differences between multiplatform games will rejoice, everyone else will not be affected in any way.

I just bought a PS5 this month and this will not change anything for me. 

There will be remasters because there will be a need for remasters. There are hundreds of PS4 games that never really got ps5 versions and, and since the PS5 is seemingly mostly backwards compatible every ps4 game is a layup. 

If they brought HZD up to HZD2 level fidelity when no one asked, why wouldn't they do this for GOT when GOY comes out since there's not much of a difference between the the ps4 and ps5 versions currently. 

How many fucking times have you bought the PS5? This is like the third time you said you just got one since spring. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

There will be remasters because there will be a need for remasters. There are hundreds of PS4 games that never really got ps5 versions and, and since the PS5 is seemingly mostly backwards compatible every ps4 game is a layup. 

If they brought HZD up to HZD2 level fidelity when no one asked, why wouldn't they do this for GOT when GOY comes out since there's not much of a difference between the the ps4 and ps5 versions currently. 

How many fucking times have you bought the PS5? This is like the third time you said you just got one since spring. 

Ghost of Tsushima already has a remaster with the Director's Cut release for PS5

ps5-ghostoftsushima-directorscut-game-bo

HZD never got a PS5 release so the remaster makes sense and like HZD the GOT remaster was also a $10 upgrade for existing owners I believe

12 minutes ago, Remij said:

On PC you get free remasters for every game every time you upgrade.  No patching required :glad: 

Even Sonys games :juggle:

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

Ghost of Tsushima already has a remaster with the Director's Cut release for PS5

ps5-ghostoftsushima-directorscut-game-bo

HZD never got a PS5 release so the remaster makes sense and like HZD the GOT remaster was also a $10 upgrade for existing owners I believe

The director's cut of GOT isn't a remaster. It's the PS5 version like HZD had a PS5 version. I'm fine with them doing the HZD remaster the way they did it because people who already owned the PS5 version got it for free. However it was a waste of resources and ultimately not needed. 

However Sony seems to be using this as a crutch to not having new games to release and instead just fumbling interest into exostinf games. That time would be better suited making DLCs at least. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Upvote 1