New Star Citizen Squadron 42 trailer - releasing in 2026

12 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I don’t see any graphical downgrade. You should also post the entire live gameplay demo which technically shits on any game we’ve seen so far…. 

Twinky's dumb as fuck and that trailer quality is shit.  That gameplay demo, outside of the crashes and obvious optimization/polishing passes the game is yet to receive, is fucking incredible.  There's no other game I know of that is jumping back and forth from scene to scene with as much action and shit going on as this.  Not even fucking close.  As incredibly cool as Ratchet and Clank's portal sequence is... it's literally nothing compared to what this is doing.  Seamlessly going from one scene to the next.  And it takes balls to show off such a demonstration live.. with someone actually playing it.  Most AAA studios will dedicate months and months to polish just a vertical slice demo with nothing else created for the game.. and not even play it live.

The game is supposedly content complete.. which means the rest of these 2 years until it supposedly launches will be purely polishing and optimizing.  Basically getting the jank out of it and making it run better.  

• aitch 1
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Twinky's dumb as fuck and that trailer quality is shit.  That gameplay demo, outside of the crashes and obvious optimization/polishing passes the game is yet to receive, is fucking incredible.  There's no other game I know of that is jumping back and forth from scene to scene with as much action and shit going on as this.  Not even fucking close.  As incredibly cool as Ratchet and Clank's portal sequence is... it's literally nothing compared to what this is doing.  Seamlessly going from one scene to the next.  And it takes balls to show off such a demonstration live.. with someone actually playing it.  Most AAA studios will dedicate months and months to polish just a vertical slice demo with nothing else created for the game.. and not even play it live.

The game is supposedly content complete.. which means the rest of these 2 years until it supposedly launches will be purely polishing and optimizing.  Basically getting the jank out of it and making it run better.  

Yea graphically and technically it blows everything we've ever seen out of the water. I was shocked they decided to demo it LIVE as AAA studios have long since stopped doing this. Lots of guts on their part. 2 years is plenty of time to polish everything we've seen so far and optimize. The game is more impressive looking than I ever imagined it would be when I backed/bought it 10 years ago. 

I don't care how long it's taking for them to make this game. The industry needs a game like Star Citizen to show how to take risks and push the envelope of technology. In an era of shitty AAA hero shooters and GAAS games targeting a "modern audience" we need devs like CIG making something like this that is truly revolutionary. Hate it or love it, there is nothing out there like Star Citizen, and I welcome that nowadays more than ever.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Yea graphically and technically it blows everything we've ever seen out of the water. I was shocked they decided to demo it LIVE as AAA studios have long since stopped doing this. Lots of guts on their part. 2 years is plenty of time to polish everything we've seen so far and optimize. The game is more impressive looking than I ever imagined it would be when I backed/bought it 10 years ago. 

I don't care how long it's taking for them to make this game. The industry needs a game like Star Citizen to show how to take risks and push the envelope of technology. In an era of shitty AAA hero shooters and GAAS games targeting a "modern audience" we need devs like CIG making something like this that is truly revolutionary. Hate it or love it, there is nothing out there like Star Citizen, and I welcome that nowadays more than ever.

I don't think some people can appreciate technically what's going on here..  It's crazy.  You're definitely right about that.. it takes massive balls.  It shows that they know who they're trying to impress, and they know those people know that technical issues are just a part of the road of development.

The part ~43:53 where the ship is being attacked and they send out a fleet to take care of business and Gary Oldman's character whispers "Go".. and it pans to the holograph and then seamlessly switches over.. like holy shit that is so technically impressive it's crazy.  I literally said holy shit when that happened.

It's a shame the stream feed (or potentially the game itself) didn't have proper vsync so there's screen tearing.. but ignoring that.. just look at this shit :whew: 

Edited by Remij
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Remij said:

I don't think some people can appreciate technically what's going on here..  It's crazy.  You're definitely right about that.. it takes massive balls.  It shows that they know who they're trying to impress, and they know those people know that technical issues are just a part of the road of development.

The part ~43:53 where the ship is being attacked and they send out a fleet to take care of business and Gary Oldman's character whispers "Go".. and it pans to the holograph and then seamlessly switches over.. like holy shit that is so technically impressive it's crazy.  I literally said holy shit when that happened.

It's a shame the stream feed (or potentially the game itself) didn't have proper vsync so there's screen tearing.. but ignoring that.. just look at this shit :whew: 

You and me both. I had my jaw on the floor at that scene. I had to pause the stream and rewind to make sure I was actually seeing them do that in real-time. Insane shit going on with this game, and you're right about them knowing their audience. They know the people that have backed/followed this game for years are very knowledgeable about how game development works and the usual smoke and mirrors that other AAA devs do won't impress them.

What I saw today pretty much validated the money I spent backing this game years ago. I love Star Citizen but my first love with the project was always SQ42 and what we saw today blew away my wildest expectations :aitch:.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

The game and studio is a complete mess but somehow hermshits who spent thousands on virtual ships are still hopeful that they’re gonna pull it off.

You still have hopes of finding a woman, right? :bena: 

Im with TB on this one. How can anyone not see the scam that this shit is 😆 Taking a billion dollars from dumb nerds . Nerds paying 10000 dollars for some dumb shitty spaceship ROFL