The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Im in Sibyl City in Flintlock. Cant really find any guides to estimate how far i am in the game but i feel like im pretty far at 13 hours

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Im in Sibyl City in Flintlock. Cant really find any guides to estimate how far i am in the game but i feel like im pretty far at 13 hours

Im doing the sidequests and exploring every nook and cranny so despite being at 11 i feel like I still have a ways to go

Spoiler

Just beat Rammuha and got to the 2nd area

That fight was actually a bit tricky. Definitely the most challenge i've seen from the game so far.

Yeah the was the hardest fight in the game so far 

I'm quite a bit past that now.  That's what my post itt from Tuesday was about 

Edited by JonDnD
  • Upvote 1

Had the most intense moment in Conscript earlier today. I was a bit too liberal with my healing items up to this point because I assumed you could buy some more from the merchant, but it turns out you can't. I was down to a sliver of health and was about to lose a bunch of progress because I was also too nervous to save and risk being stuck in a near death state without knowing how close I was to finding more healing items. I said fuck it and nervously charged towards the other side of the map, dodging enemy soldiers and rats that would without a doubt OHK me. I got to the area I needed to reach, used a puzzle item, and was so damn relieved to find health right after that:blessed:

There's nothing quite like old school survival horror :wow2:

• aitch 1

so, the Dungeons of Hinterberg feels a lot like an 8 game...except for one thing: the magic aiming during isometric parts (for puzzles). i don't know if it's a Steam Deck thing, but the aiming is wonky af. it wouldn't be much of an issue, if timing didn't play such a key factor. fortunately, this only affects several dungeons in one area. still, it's worth pointing out. i tried googling to see if it's a common issue, but i don't see anything.

edit: i will say i like how the social links actually build up your character. each bond nets something valuable. also, the game's self awareness is refreshing. some of the characters are growing on me.

• Upvote 1

Flintlock is losing a bit of steam for me. I guess its partly my fault for exploring and doing so much of the side stuff, but the 2nd area is basically identical to the first and doesn't really introduce anything that new or interesting. The repetition is giving me Ubisoft vibes.

Its feeling more like a 7.5 game.

Apparently there are 11 main quests and I'm on 9. The chapter I'm on now is really good. 

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Flintlock is losing a bit of steam for me. I guess its partly my fault for exploring and doing so much of the side stuff, but the 2nd area is basically identical to the first and doesn't really introduce anything that new or interesting. The repetition is giving me Ubisoft vibes.

Its feeling more like a 7.5 game.

Surprise surprise :roll: 

• NPC 1
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Is there still a lot of game left after sybil? 

Sybil is chapter 9 that's where I'm at 

• Upvote 1

I've been all over the place recently with games lol.  Today just now I finished up the GOG PC release of RE1 with the Rebirth mod.  Basically a perfect version of the game IMO, I love being able to skip door animations.  God I love that game to death.  The final track that plays during the credits is godly :love: 

Also been playing Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut and am loving that. I can see why people want GoT 2 badly :whew: 

Still working on Super Meat Boy Forever when I find pockets of time to just bang out a couple levels.. and I've also been playing Braid Anniversary Edition which reminded me just how fucking good that game was and how it really kicked off an indie game revolution.

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Remij said:

I've been all over the place recently with games lol.  Today just now I finished up the GOG PC release of RE1 with the Rebirth mod.  Basically a perfect version of the game IMO, I love being able to skip door animations.  God I love that game to death.  The final track that plays during the credits is godly :love: 

Also been playing Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut and am loving that. I can see why people want GoT 2 badly :whew: 

Still working on Super Meat Boy Forever when I find pockets of time to just bang out a couple levels.. and I've also been playing Braid Anniversary Edition which reminded me just how fucking good that game was and how it really kicked off an indie game revolution.

Yeah, Braid and Portal got me hooked on puzzle games. I would have to satiate my love for puzzles with adventure games, before those titles showed up. 

• Upvote 1

Some of the puzzles in Hinterberg remind me of the classic Zelda games :smoke: I loved the dungeon I just knocked out. I’m about 50% done. Indie games are saving gaming :smoke:

• Like 1
  • aitch 1

Finished Flintlock. Its definitely a 7.5 imo. Outside of the repetitive content, I also noticed that the inconsistency of dodging and blocking really becomes noticeable during the last few boss battles where it feels like the game starts demanding a lot more finesse but the combat is a bit too janky to keep up with those demands.

Also the ending was awful...they actually do a decent job of setting up the climax, but then the game just ends and it all just feels super anti climatic.

still worth playing for GP subscribers overall tho.

• Upvote 1

finished farts of the fallen, this game is garbage, tried to play nioh with kbm controls but the stupid prompts and key combos make it impossible, need a pad for that but it pains my ass because I really prefer to play with kbm. souls games work really well.   Left click parry god.

played some ghost wire tokyo again and it looks pretty cool and started star wars fallen odor and idk 

• Upvote 2

the social links in hinterberg are getting awesome. mainly, in how they unlock essential skills and even access to certain dungeons. some weapons/armor are tied to stats. so, you'll find yourself hanging out with NPCs,  you would've overlooked, and realizing they are great and valuable. i don't think there's a romantic aspect, and that's fine. i just like how the social links add to gameplay experience.

edit: i just encountered a cool twist with the story.

• aitch 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

the social links in hinterberg are getting awesome. mainly, in how they unlock essential skills and even access to certain dungeons. some weapons/armor are tied to stats. so, you'll find yourself hanging out with NPCs,  you would've overlooked, and realizing they are great and valuable. i don't think there's a romantic aspect, and that's fine. i just like how the social links add to gameplay experience.

edit: i just encountered a cool twist with the story.

Im gonna try and play this soon. I just want to finish up Conscript first.

• Upvote 1