The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

It's an incredible looking game but it doesn't push the genre forward in any other way. It's still fun and I will play it multiple times but GOTG? :ben:

that's why i gave it a 9. it's more of the same with some sweet tweaks and a ton of polish. still far better than garbage like bayonetta and ng2.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

SO far, its the exact same shit, just with better graphics. Not saying thats bad, the game OWNS so far. But people were probably expecting a bit more than a slightly dumbed down GOW2 with good graphics.

it seems like most next gen sequels are dumbed down in one way or another. Devs nowadays are putting far too much effort into graphics and forgetting about everything else.

the puzzles towards the end are some of the best i've seen this gen..and in the series. there's a really cool one in the garden.

I have to play the game myself, but I don't know if a game with gameplay that has barely evolved since 2004 deserves a 9.0, no matter how great the presentation/graphics are. Plus, 8.5 still means great game. I'm playing devil's advocate here though. :-*

I have to play the game myself, but I don't know if a game with gameplay that has barely evolved since 2004 deserves a 9.0, no matter how great the presentation/graphics are. Plus, 8.5 still means great game.

I'm playing devil's advocate here though. :-*

I don't know what I think GoW 3 deserves yet, because I haven't played it, but GS has proved this gen that they are a bunch of casuals who inflate scores for games with great graphics. Graphics have factored into scores much more on GS than gameplay has this gen.

They definitely tidied up to combat, saying they didn't would just be silly.

oh yeah I agree. I mean shit, Im enjoying GoW2's combat much more than GoW1's. But the gameplay is still very similar from my understanding. I kinda of which the combat/inputs were a little more precise. I find the timing in the game a bit sloppy.

Nothing wrong with the timing, I mean he is swinging chained up swords. :ben: It's the lack of canceling that gets to me especially after playing Bayonetta, a game that utilizes canceling for everything.

There's been a few great looking games to flop even at GS, shit I'd rather them inflate scores because of visual appeal than what name appears on the box like they did with ODST. :smug:

I played to much gow for one month and need to take a break. The first 2 hours of the game was fun but it's all starting to blend together for me and tbh i'm bored with the formula. Same thing happened with the MP trilogy.:( Luckily i still have ton of great games that i need to finish.