The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Hey gd, what was the name of that iPhone game you showed me awhile back that looked kinda like Layton?

The secret of chateau de moreau. It's more like hotel dusk. Excellent game.

That's the one. The art and music look great, and its like Hotel Dusk rather than Layton? Awesome. Gonna cop it later today.

Hey gd, what was the name of that iPhone game you showed me awhile back that looked kinda like Layton?

The secret of chateau de moreau. It's more like hotel dusk. Excellent game.

That's the one. The art and music look great, and its like Hotel Dusk rather than Layton? Awesome. Gonna cop it later today.

Yeah it has really good production values and some great puzzles. There are also a bunch of different endings. 40 in total...but around 10 real ones. It's a good murder mystery. I couldnt believe how inexpensive the game was, considering its quality and content.

Just beat Mario 3ds (well, before the surprise after the credits). Epic end fight. It ended up being one of the best Mario games I've played. I look forward to the unlocked stuff.

What i tell ya B)

Just beat Mario 3ds (well, before the surprise after the credits). Epic end fight. It ended up being one of the best Mario games I've played. I look forward to the unlocked stuff.

What i tell ya B)

I'm glad I gave it a chance :)

Just beat Skyward Sword... 50 hours. Amazing game, one of the best this gen. However I don't think it was close to the best Zelda game. Fi sucked even compared to Medina, The Red Dragon, and even Navi. Didn't seem to have any personality. Flying sucked compared to Epona and even sailing. Besides the bug the items weren't that great. And the overworld didn't seem as expansive. I also wasn't a fan of Ghiraham as he seemed too japanophiled. The overall gameplay was amazing though, the dungeons, puzzles, and motion control, some of the NPCs were memorable. I hope the next Zelda returns to the land, horse riding, traditional control, and amazing graphics like the previous Zeldas.

Edited by VGKing

Of the two, which did you enjoy more. Sailing in WW or flying in SS? Personally I thought sailing was awesome.

sailing is awesome

Defiantly sailing, sailing seemed relaxing and the music during the day and quiet at night set a nice ambiance. That and it was fun exploring the various islands and even using the grappling hook to find treasure. Flying seemed like a chore and was pretty baron.

I bought Ocarina 3D on Sunday because I haven't played it before and when you buy a new system you'll buy just about anything. This past year I've played/replayed Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past, and now Ocarina (I don't know why I'm on a Zelda kick lately), and I have to say I think Ocarina is by far the weakest of the batch so far (I'm on the third dungeon). It's not just looks (Ocarina 3D is usually pretty homely), but with how empty Hyrule is and how random the logic of the puzzles often is. Like I just did the stuff leading up to the third dungeon. The mermen's king says his daughter is missing but that's it. To find her you have to beat a minigame to get a fish scale that allows you to dive deeper and reach an underwater door that leads to lake where there's a message in a bottle from the king's daughter. I avoid minigames on principle because the standard convention in games is that they're optional. Nowhere is there any hint saying do the minigame. So I'm going around and around in circles until I try the minigame as a last resort. Not good.

Edited by Saucer

I bought Ocarina 3D on Sunday because I haven't played it before and when you buy a new system you'll buy just about anything.

This past year I've played/replayed Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past, and now Ocarina (I don't know why I'm on a Zelda kick lately), and I have to say I think Ocarina is by far the weakest of the batch so far (I'm on the third dungeon). It's not just looks (Ocarina 3D is usually pretty homely), but with how empty Hyrule is and how random the logic of the puzzles often is. Like I just did the stuff leading up to the third dungeon. The mermen's king says his daughter is missing but that's it. To find her you have to beat a minigame to get a fish scale that allows you to dive deeper and reach an underwater door that leads to lake where there's a message in a bottle from the king's daughter. I avoid minigames on principle because the standard convention in games is that they're optional. Nowhere is there any hint saying do the minigame. So I'm going around and around in circles until I try the minigame as a last resort. Not good.

I can't help but feel the exact opposite way. I bought OoT3D, beat it quickly and was still amazed, just beat Skyward Sword yesterday, and have just started playing through OoT Master Quest (Holy Shit is it different and harder). OoT seemed to be so much more epic, you had the kokiri forrest town, Death Mountain town the zoras, gorons, gerudos, lon lon ranch, and of course the Hyrule Castle and all it's inhabitants. IMO it still looks good, sure not homely, and the story is timeless. Still by far the best Zelda.

Anyone have any tips for Xenoblade Chronicles? I tend to get my ass kicked (or just barely win) fights with lvl.10 monsters when my party is all lvl.9. Also, what exactly is safe to sell? where can I get better weapons/equipment? or use the gem furnace?