The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Guest Golem

Shadow of the Colossus is so fucking good. Just beat the 5th one. That bird dude. Lol such a fucking rush. I have no clue how this story ends or anything, but I need a next gen sequel

Nah you don't. Leave it be. 

Team Ico are great, but I'd rather them make a new experience than go the sequel route.

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Keep that dumb shit out of this thread, Jonny. This is a sacred place, and any fanboy stupidity sends your ass on vacation.

And I don't care how much the original is on SNES. That's just because its a rare ass game. I'm not a collector though. I'm just a gamer. And a goddamn 20 yr old SNES game shouldn't be 10 bucks.

you just spent 15 dollars on a 10 year old ps2 game :|

Keep that dumb shit out of this thread, Jonny. This is a sacred place, and any fanboy stupidity sends your ass on vacation.

And I don't care how much the original is on SNES. That's just because its a rare ass game. I'm not a collector though. I'm just a gamer. And a goddamn 20 yr old SNES game shouldn't be 10 bucks.

you just spent 15 dollars on a 10 year old ps2 game :|

the ps2 is kind of newer and better...just saying.

you just spent 15 dollars on a 10 year old ps2 game :| I spent 5 dollars on an HD remake of a 10 yr old ps2 game :|

You see, Sony and Microsoft aren't perpetually trying to bone their customers so they have "deals" and "sales".

Edited by hurricaneMIKE
Guest Golem

you just spent 15 dollars on a 10 year old ps2 game :| I spent 5 dollars on an HD remake of a 10 yr old ps2 game :|

You see, Sony and Microsoft aren't perpetually trying to bone their customers so they have "deals" and "sales".

Keep that dumb fanboy shit out of this thread, Mikey :ben:

Anyway Earthbound is well worth 10 bucks imo, especially since it was never released over here in Europe. I've been loving the game so far.

you just spent 15 dollars on a 10 year old ps2 game :|I spent 5 dollars on an HD remake of a 10 yr old ps2 game :|

Keep that dumb fanboy shit out of this thread, Mikey :ben:

Anyway Earthbound is well worth 10 bucks imo, especially since it was never released over here in Europe. I've been loving the game so far.

I've owned every Nintendo console since birth. What I'm saying is truth. They keep their first party games full price for a ridiculous amount of time. Ill prob end up buying it today since you co-signed it though. Never played it

You fuckers are really making me consider a 3DS though.

Guest Golem

You see, Sony and Microsoft aren't perpetually trying to bone their customers so they have "deals" and "sales". Keep that dumb fanboy shit out of this thread, Mikey :ben:

I've owned every Nintendo console since birth. What I'm saying is truth. They keep their first party games full price for a ridiculous amount of time. Ill prob end up buying it today since you co-signed it though. Never played it

Normally Id agree with you, because the prices of VC games can still feel inflated, but I give Earthbound the exception for costing a little more because this is a game I've been waiting to legitimately own since I was a kid. 

you just spent 15 dollars on a 10 year old ps2 game :|I spent 5 dollars on an HD remake of a 10 yr old ps2 game :|

You see, Sony and Microsoft aren't perpetually trying to bone their customers so they have "deals" and "sales".Keep that dumb fanboy shit out of this thread, Mikey :ben:

Anyway Earthbound is well worth 10 bucks imo, especially since it was never released over here in Europe. I've been loving the game so far. I've owned every Nintendo console since birth. What I'm saying is truth. They keep their first party games full price for a ridiculous amount of time. Ill prob end up buying it today since you co-signed it though. Never played it

Normally Id agree with you, because the prices of VC games can still feel inflated, but I give Earthbound the exception for costing a little more because this is a game I've been waiting to legitimately own since I was a kid.

Why? What type of game is it? Is it a RPG? Turn based? Sell me on this shit. 10 aint much but I don't feel like wasting it.

Guest Golem

You see, Sony and Microsoft aren't perpetually trying to bone their customers so they have "deals" and "sales". Keep that dumb fanboy shit out of this thread, Mikey :ben:

Anyway Earthbound is well worth 10 bucks imo, especially since it was never released over here in Europe. I've been loving the game so far. I've owned every Nintendo console since birth. What I'm saying is truth. They keep their first party games full price for a ridiculous amount of time. Ill prob end up buying it today since you co-signed it though. Never played it

You fuckers are really making me consider a 3DS though. Normally Id agree with you, because the prices of VC games can still feel inflated, but I give Earthbound the exception for costing a little more because this is a game I've been waiting to legitimately own since I was a kid.

Why? What type of game is it? Is it a RPG? Turn based? Sell me on this shit. 10 aint much but I don't feel like wasting it.

It's a turn-based RPG, but I'd say that's one of the few traditional RPG aspects that retains it's familiarity. Game's about aliens crashing in suburbia and a gang of kids setting out to find out who's behind it all, so the game's style and mechanics are designed around that. You can have all types of things affect you in battle like colds, intimidation, nausea, uncontrollable crying (yep) and your main character can even get homesick (you're a kid a long way from home afterall). Some of these conditions are not unlike typical ailments in rpg battles, but because of their more 'ordinary world' basis, it just adds to the feel.

There's no random encounters from what I can tell. Every enemy you'll face is there on the screen, and will chase you if close enough. There's also a tactic to encounters. Get behind the enemy and you stand to gain a surprise extra attack before the enemy can react, but if they catch you from behind, they'll get a surprise chance instead. It also means you can avoid some enemies altogether if you're not strong enough yet (and you'll certainly need to avoid some enemies earlier on), and items in the game are designed to temporarily speed you up solely to have a better chance of escaping through somewhere. 

Then you've got some aspects of the game I just enjoy because it makes things more of a breeze. Once you get to a high enough level, some enemies will be too weak to take you on, and will actually run away from you. Some of these enemies are so weak in comparison, that the game has an 'auto-win' feature whereby you simply initiate the fight and win without having to actually enter battle. Sure makes grinding scrubs for a few extra exp easier. Then you have weapons, which you buy from stores. While buying a new weapon, you can tell whether it's better than the one you have by whether the box with your status flashes or not. When you buy a new weapon, you can equip it right there and the shopkeeper will immediately make an offer on your old equipment you'll no longer use. Again, just little things that cut time so you can get back to enjoying the meat of the game, rather than the fat.

Finally man, because I could say more but I'll cut it short, the game is just charming. Eagleland is a fun little world with a strange slant on western suburbia. The music is trippy and taking the time to chat away to all the inhabitants of every new town you reach is entertaining in itself since often the people are quite offbeat. 

Bottom line: I don't play many RPGs, but this one stands out for a lot of reasons, some I've stated. 

Damn, can't believe you had to kill

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Isabaeu, that was fucked killing herself like that ;(

that shit was probably the most brutal thing i've ever seen in a JRPG

Yeah it was pretty fucked, so sad too ;(

Spoiler
Isabaeu, that was fucked killing herself like that ;(

Spoiler
Shit was cray, I didn't want to fight her ;(

I heard she is your ally when you go neutral.

Nice, definitely heading that direction on my next playthrough.

the track during that battle is probably my favorite in the OST. it fit perfectly.

Yeah, they hit the nail on that one perfectly. I really felt like an asshole ;(

The Law path is just taken to the extreme though, it's probably the same for chaos too. Neutral seems to be the way to go but I gotta look at what the requirements are.

Edited by -SK4-

the track during that battle is probably my favorite in the OST. it fit perfectly.

Yeah, they hit the nail on that one perfectly. I really felt like an asshole ;(

The Law path is just taken to the extreme though, it's probably the same for chaos too. Neutral seems to be the way to go but I gotta look at what the requirements are.

Extreme is the bad ending side,