The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Even though P4G has already been done itt kinda, I feel like I need to say how OP I am thanks to those treasure hand enemies.  Lvl 70 after the 5th dungeon :ben: haven't had to do any grinding at all either lol.  Basically the only way I can die is if I use something the enemy reflects and I kill myself.  Might have to try Very Hard on my next playthrough

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Keep that dumb shit out of this thread, Jonny. This is a sacred place, and any fanboy stupidity sends your ass on vacation.

And I don't care how much the original is on SNES. That's just because its a rare ass game. I'm not a collector though. I'm just a gamer. And a goddamn 20 yr old SNES game shouldn't be 10 bucks.

you just spent 15 dollars on a 10 year old ps2 game :|I spent 5 dollars on an HD remake of a 10 yr old ps2 game :|

You see, Sony and Microsoft aren't perpetually trying to bone their customers so they have "deals" and "sales".Keep that dumb fanboy shit out of this thread, Mikey :ben:

Anyway Earthbound is well worth 10 bucks imo, especially since it was never released over here in Europe. I've been loving the game so far.I've owned every Nintendo console since birth. What I'm saying is truth. They keep their first party games full price for a ridiculous amount of time. Ill prob end up buying it today since you co-signed it though. Never played it

You fuckers are really making me consider a 3DS though.Normally Id agree with you, because the prices of VC games can still feel inflated, but I give Earthbound the exception for costing a little more because this is a game I've been waiting to legitimately own since I was a kid. Why? What type of game is it? Is it a RPG? Turn based? Sell me on this shit. 10 aint much but I don't feel like wasting it.

It's a turn-based RPG, but I'd say that's one of the few traditional RPG aspects that retains it's familiarity. Game's about aliens crashing in suburbia and a gang of kids setting out to find out who's behind it all, so the game's style and mechanics are designed around that. You can have all types of things affect you in battle like colds, intimidation, nausea, uncontrollable crying (yep) and your main character can even get homesick (you're a kid a long way from home afterall). Some of these conditions are not unlike typical ailments in rpg battles, but because of their more 'ordinary world' basis, it just adds to the feel.

There's no random encounters from what I can tell. Every enemy you'll face is there on the screen, and will chase you if close enough. There's also a tactic to encounters. Get behind the enemy and you stand to gain a surprise extra attack before the enemy can react, but if they catch you from behind, they'll get a surprise chance instead. It also means you can avoid some enemies altogether if you're not strong enough yet (and you'll certainly need to avoid some enemies earlier on), and items in the game are designed to temporarily speed you up solely to have a better chance of escaping through somewhere.

Then you've got some aspects of the game I just enjoy because it makes things more of a breeze. Once you get to a high enough level, some enemies will be too weak to take you on, and will actually run away from you. Some of these enemies are so weak in comparison, that the game has an 'auto-win' feature whereby you simply initiate the fight and win without having to actually enter battle. Sure makes grinding scrubs for a few extra exp easier. Then you have weapons, which you buy from stores. While buying a new weapon, you can tell whether it's better than the one you have by whether the box with your status flashes or not. When you buy a new weapon, you can equip it right there and the shopkeeper will immediately make an offer on your old equipment you'll no longer use. Again, just little things that cut time so you can get back to enjoying the meat of the game, rather than the fat.

Finally man, because I could say more but I'll cut it short, the game is just charming. Eagleland is a fun little world with a strange slant on western suburbia. The music is trippy and taking the time to chat away to all the inhabitants of every new town you reach is entertaining in itself since often the people are quite offbeat.

Bottom line: I don't play many RPGs, but this one stands out for a lot of reasons, some I've stated. slow golf clap.

I'm jealous it's your first play through.

Shadow of the Colossus is so fucking good. Just beat the 5th one. That bird dude. Lol such a fucking rush. I have no clue how this story ends or anything, but I need a next gen sequel

Yep. Shadow of the Colossus is one of the best games I've ever played.

motherfucker, u gonna make me regret skipping out on it during summer sales :meh:

Edited by Sick Cinema

I can remote play on the game pad? If so, I'm purchasing right meow

Yeah dude you can.

I dont know, no offense or anything, but kinda sounds like you prefer "DUDE BRO" games from what I have seen you play and talk about on these forums.

I dont really know if EARTHBOUND would be your cup of tea, its awkwardness I think would fall on deaf ears with you, just my opinion of course.

I dont think I could handle you coming on here bashing one of the GOAT, I might snap.

Shadow of the Colossus is so fucking good. Just beat the 5th one. That bird dude. Lol such a fucking rush. I have no clue how this story ends or anything, but I need a next gen sequel

Yep. Shadow of the Colossus is one of the best games I've ever played.

motherfucker, u gonna make me regret skipping out on it during summer sales :meh:

Though good, I purchased for $15.00 dollars on my PS3 about a year ago, because I never finished more than the 3rd beast on PS2, the game is only boss fights, which I think makes it lacking as one of th best ever.

Guest Golem

Ha well Dayo I'm jealous you guys got a physical release. One day I want to get a hold of the us game and guide but they have some crazy prices on ebay right now.

And I agree about SOTC. The game has terrific feeling, and the strategy to mountain each boss is a joy in itself, but it will always feel more like a 'concept' game. Something meant to explore design, without necessarily incorporating it into a full package so to speak.

That might just be my traditional expectations talking. It's certainly a great title, no doubt about it, and other designers could take a few notes from it, but I'd rather not see a sequel. It's like asking Kubrick for another 2001. The movie already explored what it needed to.

Ha well Dayo I'm jealous you guys got a physical release. One day I want to get a hold of the us game and guide but they have some crazy prices on ebay right now.

And I agree about SOTC. The game has terrific feeling, and the strategy to mountain each boss is a joy in itself, but it will always feel more like a 'concept' game. Something meant to explore design, without necessarily incorporating it into a full package so to speak.

That might just be my traditional expectations talking. It's certainly a great title, no doubt about it, and other designers could take a few notes from it, but I'd rather not see a sequel. It's like asking Kubrick for another 2001. The movie already explored what it needed to.

You do know that guide is online for free right now with your purchase of earthbound?

Guest Golem

Oh I know that. It's pretty awful though. Loads super slow for me on the gamepad. I was hoping it would have been an app or something rather than a Web based guide.

Still playing Shin Megami Tensei IV. I'm addicted to it, I've played 10 hours + in the past 4 days. Just arrived in Tokyo, this is shaping up to be my favorite game this year.

It has a perfect blend of old school, no hand holding hard difficulty but at the same time it remains a very accessible game, the menus and everything are very intuitive. You also never feel like you've made the wrong choice about demons fusing.

I'm liking this game more than SMT Nocturne so far.

I can remote play on the game pad? If so, I'm purchasing right meow

Yeah dude you can.

I dont know, no offense or anything, but kinda sounds like you prefer "DUDE BRO" games from what I have seen you play and talk about on these forums.

I dont really know if EARTHBOUND would be your cup of tea, its awkwardness I think would fall on deaf ears with you, just my opinion of course.

I dont think I could handle you coming on here bashing one of the GOAT, I might snap.

Nah, son. I play a ton of different genres, although a lot of them are dudebroish currently, that's because that's mostly what I've got access to. JRPGs are what I grew up on though and my first love in games. I live for these fuckers man. Always been curious about Ness anyways. Why the fuck not.

Gonna finish SOTC before I do anything though I think. I've got a huge fucking backlog due to PS+ though.

i've been hooked on zero escape. all my free time for gaming, has been spent on it. i'd say i'm more than halfway done now. i've been unlocking all the secrets in each escape room, and even trying to get the bad endings. 

Well if JPRG are you damn thing, then pick up earthbound.

i've been hooked on zero escape. all my free time for gaming, has been spent on it. i'd say i'm more than halfway done now. i've been unlocking all the secrets in each escape room, and even trying to get the bad endings. 

Did you ever finish TLoU ?

Meeeehhhh. It doesn't bother me how it's only boss fights. It seems like the game is starting to focus more on puzzling you and you having to figure out how to get onto the colossi, and its just starting to blow my mind. When I figured out what I need to do to get on the water colossi's back, it was an amazing ah-hah moment for me. I understand where you're coming from, but i just dont feel the same. It does seem very Infinity Bladeish in how you defeat the boss and then you end up at the beginning right after to do it all over again. But I love the simplicity and how straightforward it is. How it, at least so far, doesn't give you a bunch of other dudes to fight or get in the way during your battles with the colossi. How Agro is just so fucking perfect. I swear I jumped down this one cliff and I had no fucking clue how Agro was gonna make his way down and I thought it'd take him forever to do so like one of the retarded horses in Skyrim or something. Well I look up and over, and he's like running through shit, finding his own path, then he disappears, and I'm like fuck. Next thing I know, he's right there hugging the corner coming right at me.

God, this game is perfect for me. It's what I needed right now

Do you need to play its predecessor 999 to understand the story? That's what everyone seems to say.

Do you need to play its predecessor 999 to understand the story? That's what everyone seems to say.

i never finished 999 ( i had let a friend borrow my ds). zero escape seems to be making sense though (it's all pretty out there though - in a very good way). i'm sure it's even better if you complete 999 first though, since they make references to previous nonary games (like 999's). 

i'm too far into this game to go back and revisit 999. i will just wiki it. 

Edited by -GD-

yes , every single post about this game says to play 999 before zero escape if u look it up :ben: