The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I heard the game gets really unforgiving later on and basically forces you to master the block and dodge mechanics or you’re pretty much screwed. I’m not sure I’m looking forward to that.

tbh I’m not really in the mood for tough as nails games right now in general.

yeah, i'm at a malenia type mini boss. fast af and will stun lock you to death.  she's doable with a long range weapon, careful dodges. extremely doable with weapon arts and weapon art consumables, and a cakewalk with grenades, thermite and throwing cells.

as for final bosses, you'll get the ability to buff your summon. i haven't used it yet, but it's wild. once you access the fruit tree, you can gain the abilities. one of the buffs trigger your summon (well, spectre) to generate aggro, while having increased health (you can just unload your weapon arts or launch items unscathed) . so, while playing it straight up (pure sword play and arm attachment) is the preferred choice for the hardcore, there are enough ways to drop the difficulty. i dare say navigating through words 5 and 6 have been surprisingly easy. let's see how it holds up.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i'm at a malenia type mini boss. fast af and will stun lock you to death.  she's doable with a long range weapon, careful dodges. extremely doable with weapon arts and weapon art consumables, and a cakewalk with grenades, thermite and throwing cells.

as for final bosses, you'll get the ability to buff your summon. i haven't used it yet, but it's wild. once you access the fruit tree, you can gain the abilities. one of the buffs trigger your summon (well, spectre) to generate aggro, while having increased health (you can just unload your weapon arts or launch items unscathed) . so, while playing it straight up (pure sword play and arm attachment) is the preferred choice for the hardcore, there are enough ways to drop the difficulty. i dare say navigating through words 5 and 6 have been surprisingly easy. let's see how it holds up.

Do you know what the little blue marks in front of the roman numeral for each world mean? I have that in world 2 and then there's some kind of icon next to one of the areas. I wonder if thats some kind of side quest I can seek out.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Do you know what the little blue marks in front of the roman numeral for each world mean? I have that in world 2 and then there's some kind of icon next to one of the areas. I wonder if thats some kind of side quest I can seek out.

no clue.

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

ha, just refresh the area at the stagazer. it's a glitch you'll encounter, every now and then.

yeah he's back

Im deep in the 4th area. The change in setting is very cool. The game also continues to introduce interesting new systems that add more variety to the gameplay. Other Souls-likes like Steelrising for example now feel so barebones in comparison.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah he's back

Im deep in the 4th area. The change in setting is very cool. The game also continues to introduce interesting new systems that add more variety to the gameplay. Other Souls-likes like Steelrising for example now feel so barebones in comparison.

yeah, the game is doing a great job at introducing features. i can't wait to break in the buffs for my spectres. i think one i purchased allows a player to spawn one at a random spot. another lets you refill their health during battle. i feel like the game does a great job at catering to the hardcore, while supplying enough tools for those who just want to slice through shit. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

IK yall hate Starfield but this game is WHATS UP. Slow start but damn i love this shit. Crashes on PC a lot tho LOL 

Maybe the combat is better with kb+m, but it’s pretty meh with a controller. The acting and writing are god awful. Too many “ clear this area” missions. My favorite part was diffusing a hostage situation. 

11 hours ago, -GD-X said:

King of Puppets (lies of P) was a wild boss. Outstanding design. It took me a bit lol. 

I just beat the 4th world boss which really tested my skills (and patience :D). This bad ass greatsword I got made all the difference, especially after a few upgrades:

35235.thumb.jpg.ef1984546224b26bc03ffbdc39ef81db.jpg

Finished Scars Above. Don't recommend, play literally anything else. Game is only like 6 hours long but it's the most bland 6 hours ever because everything about the game is just so damn basic. It's like the perfect average game.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Maybe the combat is better with kb+m, but it’s pretty meh with a controller. The acting and writing are god awful. Too many “ clear this area” missions. My favorite part was diffusing a hostage situation. 

The acting is bad. Thats my only issue with the game really. The voices dont seem like they are coming from the character and the lip sync is bad. Of course the combat is meh on console. its 30fps. When was the last time we played a 30fps shooter on console. BLAH.

28 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Finished Scars Above. Don't recommend, play literally anything else. Game is only like 6 hours long but it's the most bland 6 hours ever because everything about the game is just so damn basic. It's like the perfect average game.

Nothing about the game seemed good when it came out. Im surprised you bothered with it.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I just beat the 4th world boss which really tested my skills (and patience :D). This bad ass greatsword I got made all the difference, especially after a few upgrades:

35235.thumb.jpg.ef1984546224b26bc03ffbdc39ef81db.jpg

:smoke: damn, I need to cash in my rare ergo 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

The soundtrack in the game is surprisingly good btw. The record tracks = :wow2:

edit: man that 5th boss is just straight BS with those extremely quick attacks with such huge arcs.

Spoiler

Spam him with thermite, throwing cells,  cluster grenades and carcass fluids. You’ll nuke him lol Don’t worry about the asshats. You kill him and the fight ends 

24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spam him with thermite, throwing cells,  cluster grenades and carcass fluids. You’ll nuke him lol Don’t worry about the asshats. You kill him and the fight ends 

Yea

Spoiler

My mistake was focusing on his goons. Me and the specter only attacked the dude and I was able to get him down to 1/3rd of his health before the specter died. I started panicking cause now I had 4 motherfuckers coming at me but I managed to run around and dodge them while spamming the big guy with thermite. Took out that remaining 1/3rd HP bar in like 10 seconds :mickey:

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade the boss in chapter 7 gave me a good challenge :aitch:

Im really not enthusiastic about that. If this game just had a average difficulty level I would be enjoying it more. I especially can't stand

Spoiler

these 2 phase boss fights. Probably my least favorite thing in gaming in general. Im at the King of Puppets boss fight and having to beat his first phase every single time before getting to the 2nd form just feels like an annoying waste of time.