The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Says the guy who spent multiple posts saying a Resident Evil game has bad dialogue :bena:

Well when it's far worse than the last few games, it should be noted. ;) Not really. Resident Evil has always had a stable current of bad dialogue, let's not try and discount recent titles with the compliment they're slightly less bad in that department.its dialog is the worst since the first. let's just leave it at that. no need for you to get butthurt over this. the game, fortunately, still owns. no no no, go back and listen to Code Veronica. :Dsadly, code veronica is better in that aspect. better story too. though i have never played an re game for those elements. just some of the dialog and characters really annoy me in revelations.

1 up says it best:

"The plot of any RE game already faces the distressing task of finding an unexplored villain or plot thread within the series' convoluted canon, and occasional dialogue choices in Revelations represent some of the most ridiculous spoken words I've ever heard in a game -- often robbing a tense moment of all respect. When a buddy character comes to my rescue only to say, "Me and my sweet ass are on the way," I can't help but feel baffled by the sheer ridiculousness of it all -- even when I'm fighting for my life. I know corny dialogue remains a vital part of RE's B-movie past, but some of the choices in Revelations represent a new low"

in all honesty, I wanna get a 3ds (I seen some people are selling theirs for $130 on ebay) but I will probably wait until the inevitable 2nd analog revision, maybe there would be even more games out for it :wonder:

you are going to be waiting a long time for that revision. the 3ds is selling like hotcakes. don't expect a newer sku until sales slow down. remember, the ds revision came out more than 2 years after its initial release.
  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

Posted Images

Says the guy who spent multiple posts saying a Resident Evil game has bad dialogue :bena:

Well when it's far worse than the last few games, it should be noted. ;) Not really. Resident Evil has always had a stable current of bad dialogue, let's not try and discount recent titles with the compliment they're slightly less bad in that department.its dialog is the worst since the first. let's just leave it at that. no need for you to get butthurt over this. the game, fortunately, still owns. no no no, go back and listen to Code Veronica. :Dsadly, code veronica is better in that aspect. better story too. though i have never played an re game for those elements. just some of the dialog and characters really annoy me in revelations.

1 up says it best:

"The plot of any RE game already faces the distressing task of finding an unexplored villain or plot thread within the series' convoluted canon, and occasional dialogue choices in Revelations represent some of the most ridiculous spoken words I've ever heard in a game -- often robbing a tense moment of all respect. When a buddy character comes to my rescue only to say, "Me and my sweet ass are on the way," I can't help but feel baffled by the sheer ridiculousness of it all -- even when I'm fighting for my life. I know corny dialogue remains a vital part of RE's B-movie past, but some of the choices in Revelations represent a new low"

in all honesty, I wanna get a 3ds (I seen some people are selling theirs for $130 on ebay) but I will probably wait until the inevitable 2nd analog revision, maybe there would be even more games out for it :wonder:

you are going to be waiting a long time for that revision. the 3ds is selling like hotcakes. don't expect a newer sku until sales slow down. remember, the ds revision came out more than 2 years after its initial release.

Yeah I'm probably gonna bite on one of those used ones and trade up for a revision

I'm thinking I'll get one once there's a couple more games out that I wanna buy

Well when it's far worse than the last few games, it should be noted. ;) Not really. Resident Evil has always had a stable current of bad dialogue, let's not try and discount recent titles with the compliment they're slightly less bad in that department.its dialog is the worst since the first. let's just leave it at that. no need for you to get butthurt over this. the game, fortunately, still owns. no no no, go back and listen to Code Veronica. :Dsadly, code veronica is better in that aspect. better story too. though i have never played an re game for those elements. just some of the dialog and characters really annoy me in revelations. 1 up says it best: "The plot of any RE game already faces the distressing task of finding an unexplored villain or plot thread within the series' convoluted canon, and occasional dialogue choices in Revelations represent some of the most ridiculous spoken words I've ever heard in a game -- often robbing a tense moment of all respect. When a buddy character comes to my rescue only to say, "Me and my sweet ass are on the way," I can't help but feel baffled by the sheer ridiculousness of it all -- even when I'm fighting for my life. I know corny dialogue remains a vital part of RE's B-movie past, but some of the choices in Revelations represent a new low"

you are going to be waiting a long time for that revision. the 3ds is selling like hotcakes. don't expect a newer sku until sales slow down. remember, the ds revision came out more than 2 years after its initial release. Yeah I'm probably gonna bite on one of those used ones and trade up for a revision I'm thinking I'll get one once there's a couple more games out that I wanna buyyou can get a new one for $150 at gamestop.

Well when it's far worse than the last few games, it should be noted. ;) Not really. Resident Evil has always had a stable current of bad dialogue, let's not try and discount recent titles with the compliment they're slightly less bad in that department.its dialog is the worst since the first. let's just leave it at that. no need for you to get butthurt over this. the game, fortunately, still owns.

Hey I'm not getting butthurt, I'm just pointing out it's kinda rich you telling me I'm stating the obvious when you think it's imperative to tell people about REV's shitty dialogue five times in a single thread.

well you'd think the dialog would at least improve rather than reach new lows.

That'll never happen, the original resident evil games were deliberately cheesy in dialogue, the creators get a kick out of it being bad.

That'll never happen, the original resident evil games were deliberately cheesy in dialogue, the creators get a kick out of it being bad.i guess. at least they beefed up the atmosphere. some of the best in the franchise.

That'll never happen, the original resident evil games were deliberately cheesy in dialogue, the creators get a kick out of it being bad.i guess. at least they beefed up the atmosphere. some of the best in the franchise.

How do you rate the enemies now you're a little further in? Including bosses.

That'll never happen, the original resident evil games were deliberately cheesy in dialogue, the creators get a kick out of it being bad.

dude, no lol. It was just bad.

That'll never happen, the original resident evil games were deliberately cheesy in dialogue, the creators get a kick out of it being bad.i guess. at least they beefed up the atmosphere. some of the best in the franchise. How do you rate the enemies now you're a little further in? Including bosses.pretty good actually. one boss fight, in particular, was extremely creepy and well done. the models look great too. there's one boss that's an on-rails sequence. it's probably the weakest fight of the bunch. still, it was entertaining. i also really like some of the action sequences. some are done with a survival theme in mind, rather than just endless shooting.

Whatever, I still like it for the shitty factor :ben:

"Don't shoot! I'm a human!"

That'll never happen, the original resident evil games were deliberately cheesy in dialogue, the creators get a kick out of it being bad. dude, no lol. It was just bad. Whatever, I still like it for the shitty factor :ben: "Don't shoot! I'm a human!"i actually liked that line, since it was all distorted. that had some dark humor to it :)

That'll never happen, the original resident evil games were deliberately cheesy in dialogue, the creators get a kick out of it being bad. dude, no lol. It was just bad. Whatever, I still like it for the shitty factor :ben: "Don't shoot! I'm a human!"i actually liked that line, since it was all distorted. that had some dark humor to it :)

I was talking about Resi 2 GD, but I know what you mean :ben:

Whatever, I still like it for the shitty factor :ben:

"Don't shoot! I'm a human!"

lol maybe for the PS1 era games it works because it's just SO bad it's humorous. But REmake's improved voice acting and dialogue put it in a place where it wasn't so bad it was funny, but it was bad enough to negatively impact the game's cutscenes. REmake is still by far my favorite RE though. <3