What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 11:08 PM, Angel Jim said:

I'm addicted to this music video by Jane Wiedlin - Rush Hour: 

"Can't make out the forest for the trees" is what Jane said in 1988 but this is exactly what Paramore said in 2018 with Caught in the Middle. 

Edited by Angel Jim
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

just got back from Halloween. It was fantastic! Some good tension and lots of fucked up moments, but it was also surprisingly funny. probably the best horror movie i've seen in a long time.

Felt good once the curtains were drawn from Jamie Lee Curtis. 

1 hour ago, Angelfish said:

That scene in episode 4 of Daredevil.  :bow: Random question, do the FBI call every criminal 'convict' by name?  I only ask as they use the term pretty excessively in Daredevil.

Im not sure, but i just heard the 'fake news' bit and I couldn't help but chuckle. It feels like a lot of shows/movies nowadays try to find ways to add that in.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1

Halloween was a blast! It was a great mix of slasher horror, surprising humor, and excellent film work (that one single take scene was awesome). Lots of 80’s horror tropes, but who cares? It’s the definitive Halloween sequel. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Angelfish said:

That scene in episode 4 of Daredevil.  :bow: Random question, do the FBI call every criminal 'convict' by name?  I only ask as they use the term pretty excessively in Daredevil.

Gotta start watching season 3. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Halloween was a blast! It was a great mix of slasher horror, surprising humor, and excellent film work (that one single take scene was awesome). Lots of 80’s horror tropes, but who cares? It’s the definitive Halloween sequel. 

I'm seeing Halloween with Hal. I'm going to kill him in the theatre. 

11 hours ago, -GD- said:

It felt really clever for a modern day horror movie and was chock full of great moments. My favorite probably being 

the part near the end where Allison’s mom and the grandmother tricked Myers was awesome. Her face coming out of the shadows out of nowhere was a cool lighting/directing choice.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It felt really clever for a modern day horror movie and was chock full of great moments. My favorite probably being 

Hide contents

the part near the end where Allison’s mom and the grandmother tricked Myers was awesome. Her face coming out of the shadows out of nowhere was a cool lighting/directing choice.

yes! i love all of the call backs to the first film too. 

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’m on ep 7 of daredevil. There are a few slow moments but the season has been awesome so far. The new antagonist they’re building towards is one fucked up person.

damn, i need to start this. but i also want to watch making a murder season 2. too much good stuff from netflix lately :bow: 

51 minutes ago, -GD- said:

damn, i need to start this. but i also want to watch making a murder season 2. too much good stuff from netflix lately :bow: 

Ign’s review of making a murderer was pretty harsh. Apparently there was really not much new info about the case at all so they basically tried to stretch a small number of reveals into an entire season’s worth of content.

I'm probably going to skip Murdered S2 for that reason. If you guys are looking for a good true crime show, watch The Jinx on HBO. It's even better. The ending is probably the most surreal thing to ever happen in documentary film-making.