What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Finished Alice in Borderland. Its got flaws but it was really entertaining overall and that ending got me pumped for a 2nd season. Based on what i've read about the original manga, there is more than enough material left to cover so hopefully it does get renewed by Netflix.

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Finished Alice in Borderland. Its got flaws but it was really entertaining overall and that ending got me pumped for a 2nd season. Based on what i've read about the original manga, there is more than enough material left to cover so hopefully it does get renewed by Netflix.

don't spoils for me pls. I like it enough that I think i'll finish it. I do hope season 1 is satisfying. I was watching ep 1,

and I was getting pissed at how freaking down to the last mili-second those fuckos were jumping out of the fire-rooms to the next ones. like, really? you gotta wait till the last millesecond each time, brah? lol some of the countdowns didn't even match.  ya these game/gimick premise shows, are interesting. Everyone imagines themselves in them, and thinks they'd do well, but fuck. Even by ep 1 I was thinking statistically they're all fucked. 

Obvy  I won't spoil nothing past this.  thx for the recommendation. 

Another Asian import on Netflix Twin and GD might like: Sweet Home. Basically think Resident Evil without a STARS team to help. Like Alice in Borderland, I believe this is based on a Manga, but like an old one that actually influenced Resident Evil in the first place. Only 2 episodes in but it's about a low rent building were people are trapped with murderous grotesque monsters. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Another Asian import on Netflix Twin and GD might like: Sweet Home. Basically think Resident Evil without a STARS team to help. Like Alice in Borderland, I believe this is based on a Manga, but like an old one that actually influenced Resident Evil in the first place. Only 2 episodes in but it's about a low rent building were people are trapped with murderous grotesque monsters. 

I've actually been watching this :lul: On ep 6 now. Its pretty ridiculous but really fun, even if the monster CG can be low rent.

edit: Apparently its the most watched Korean show on Netflix, it even had the global #1 spot for a bit. Might actually be the TV show equivalent of Parasite in terms of popularity among western audiences.

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, kokujin said:

korean sounds cwooler than Japanese sometimes lol. whoauh. 

sometimes?............................................... :francis:  can't admit you are trying to learn how to speak the wrong language all this time :kaz: fagget loser 

• dead 1
5 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

sometimes?............................................... :francis:  can't admit you are trying to learn how to speak the wrong language all this time :kaz: fagget loser 

I am having a mid life crisis. help me kaz. how do I live in the dungeons of germany and use my teeth insurance to pay for my beers like you do and still $39 left a month to make a telephone booth call and pay for my penecilin shots for mum. 

• Geese 1
12 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I would fucking hate to live and be stuck in south Korea. Same with poor ass rasty ass China. That's how/why I chose Japanese. 

SK seems pretty damn cool honestly. Japan will always be #1 but if I had to pick another asian country to live in, that would be the one.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

SK seems pretty damn cool honestly. Japan will always be #1 but if I had to pick another asian country to live in, that would be the one.

SK is richer than I thought, presumably. But it's tiny as all hells. You'd run the entire country in a few hours. Now what? I learned fucking korean that means noting almost no where else? 

*crossing* me fingers I think I made a good choice. 

that RE in a building TV show looks awful :mjcry:   I like the idea tho it reminds me of REC. 

I liked that big eye thingy tho at the end of the trailer, but the CGI looks so weird. :mjcry: 

Edited by kazpunk
12 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

that RE in a building TV show looks awful :mjcry:   I like the idea tho it reminds me of REC. 

I liked that big eye thingy tho at the end of the trailer, but the CGI looks so weird. :mjcry: 

It's not for everyone. When you are at the point of watching Asian imports on Netflix, it's safe to say you've seen most of the the good stuff already. 

16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

btw low, if you haven't already check out giri haji. Its a british crime drama that splits its story between the UK and Japan. Shit is really cool and its honestly one of the more overlooked shows this year IMO.

Babble is still the best randomest movie of all time for doing that (inserting some real Japanese footage in a western film)。  will check it out.

episode 5 spoiler Alice/Arisu

Spoiler

同士諸君が命を懸けて一人の出国者を誕生させろことが

ビーチの悲願・使命、 大儀だ!!(holy shit he yelled)

それを侮辱するものを ビーチは絶対に許さない!

俺の悲願はこの国から出国することができることです~!

:gun::TCHBR:

yo this guy giving this speech seriously looks like dresses and acts like one of my frinds Ryousuke. I'm being dead ass lol niggas like him exist. 

guahaha. this shit has Walking Dead Vibes. I like it. All these funny ass scenarios. lol I think this beach place and playing these games would actually be harder than the walking dead. them people had it easy.

my bad GD. I didn't realize I went off topic. 

Edited by kokujin
32 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

i finished it yesterday. It was actually pretty good, lots of melodrama but that’s to be expected from a Asian show. Despite the cheap cgi there’s a lot of fun action scenes.

• Ben 1
11 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Babble is still the best randomest movie of all time for doing that (inserting some real Japanese footage in a western film)。  will check it out.

episode 5 spoiler Alice/Arisu

Reveal hidden contents

同士諸君が命を懸けて一人の出国者を誕生させろことが

ビーチの悲願・使命、 大儀だ!!(holy shit he yelled)

それを侮辱するものを ビーチは絶対に許さない!

俺の悲願はこの国から出国することができることです~!

:gun::TCHBR:

yo this guy giving this speech seriously looks like dresses and acts like one of my frinds Ryousuke. I'm being dead ass lol niggas like him exist. 

guahaha. this shit has Walking Dead Vibes. I like it. All these funny ass scenarios. lol I think this beach place and playing these games would actually be harder than the walking dead. them people had it easy.

my bad GD. I didn't realize I went off topic. 

all good homie