What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Watched the fifth and final episode of HBO Europe's Beartown.

Pretty satisfying and jam-packed final episode.

I'd say that things seemed to have slowed down a bit in Episodes 3 and 4, they narrow the story to just a few people rather than showing stuff that is occurring all throughout the town.

But in the final episode, they really handle the material very well, and all sides rather fair and realistically.  The people who committed bad things are very much bad people. But what the show is trying to demonstrate is the mentality behind toxic behavior that ends up encompassing the whole town.

And only in the final episode do they finally address that mentality, and the town has no choice but to come to grips with it, and that feels like a poignant moment when people who were ignorant at the beginning of the series are now starting to realize that its bad, and they need to acknowledge it to stop it.

Apparently, the book is significantly better, because the show reduces alot of dialogue for side characters. But going into this show, without knowing anything about it, is still quite good.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

16 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Cobra Kai S3. FInale was awesome and pretty much the whole show has been leading up to this set up. Keen for S4 (should be the last though)

agreed! 

16 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Cobra Kai S3. FInale was awesome and pretty much the whole show has been leading up to this set up. Keen for S4 (should be the last though)

Yeah, I dont know how they keep such a stupid idea going so well. I wont post spoilers but they low key managed to bring a few ideas I never thought of, some that were silly and mixed them together for an excellent heroes journey. This is why it's hard to give people like Snyder any credit when they have billion dollar properties with 50 years of great stories to pull from and can't actually tell an interesting story with all of that. 

On 2021-03-16 at 10:26 PM, -GD-X said:

Even short scenes like this are mesmerizing.

I tried one episode, I heard the show is good but I feel off watching shows about teens having sex and taking drugs. I'm not a fool, of course that's whats really happening and they should represent that. It's just weird hang up I got. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I tried one episode, I heard the show is good but I feel off watching shows about teens having sex and taking drugs. I'm not a fool, of course that's whats really happening and they should represent that. It's just weird hang up I got. 

It’s about way more than that, but if the first episode didn’t grab you, the others probably won’t either. 

I just finished watching Behind Her Eyes on netflix. I was mainly interested because its got Bono's daughter in it (known for playing the nurse in The Knick) as the lead actress. Its a really slow show but then towards the end it goes into real WTF territory, then it follows that up with one of the most fucked up endings i've ever seen :D 

Just now, Twinblade said:

I just finished watching Behind Her Eyes on netflix. I was mainly interested because its got Bono's daughter in it (from The Knick) as the lead actress. Its a really slow show but then towards the end it goes into real WTF territory, then it follows that up with one of the most fucked up endings i've ever seen :D 

Ha I saw the ending coming a mile away, and I still found it to be outrageous :D still, it’s very entertaining, and Bono’s daughter is so gorgeous. Great acting/production 

Spoiler

Minus the silly flying projection parts lol

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished watching Behind Her Eyes on netflix. I was mainly interested because its got Bono's daughter in it (known for playing the nurse in The Knick) as the lead actress. Its a really slow show but then towards the end it goes into real WTF territory, then it follows that up with one of the most fucked up endings i've ever seen :D 

I read a write up about the show...yeah it's pretty weird and the ending is fucked lol. I wound up watching I Really Care instead which put me off to watching another Netflix "original" thing for a while. 

Falcon and Winter Soldier started pretty slow, but so did Wandavision. I think they might  be doing the Black Captain America storyline in there somewhere. The dude they got to play the new Capt America looks like a goon. I hope he's a good actor because that reveal totally kills the vibe of the show so far. 

48 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Ha I saw the ending coming a mile away, and I still found it to be outrageous :D still, it’s very entertaining, and Bono’s daughter is so gorgeous. Great acting/production 

Reveal hidden contents

Minus the silly flying projection parts lol

Spoiler

I sort of saw the Louise moment coming but then they double down on that and you find out about Rob, that was definitely a surprise to me. I actually looked the astral projection stuff up and theres some real interesting shit on it, apparently some people are actually capable of having out of body experiences like that

'Business executive Robert Monroe also did experiments and explorations on consciousness in his laboratory at The Monroe Institute. Physicist Tom Campbell, and engineer David Mennerich, assisted him.

Monroe placed Campbell and Mennerich in separate soundproof rooms at the same time. Though their voices were recorded, both subjects were unable to hear, or speak, with each other.

Campbell and Mennerich only had headphones to allow them to hear Monroe’s guided meditation technique that was designed to elicit an out-of-body experience.

The results shocked Campbell and Mennerich. The undeniable proof that astral projection is real was when there were individual recordings of their voices, which revealed they were talking, and literally having a conversation during their astral travels together. Despite being physically located in separate rooms, and isolated from each other.'

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

I sort of saw the Louise moment coming but then they double down on that and you find out about Rob, that was definitely a surprise to me. I actually looked the astral projection stuff up and theres some real interesting shit on it, apparently some people are actually capable of having out of body experiences like that

'Business executive Robert Monroe also did experiments and explorations on consciousness in his laboratory at The Monroe Institute. Physicist Tom Campbell, and engineer David Mennerich, assisted him.

Monroe placed Campbell and Mennerich in separate soundproof rooms at the same time. Though their voices were recorded, both subjects were unable to hear, or speak, with each other.

Campbell and Mennerich only had headphones to allow them to hear Monroe’s guided meditation technique that was designed to elicit an out-of-body experience.

The results shocked Campbell and Mennerich. The undeniable proof that astral projection is real was when there were individual recordings of their voices, which revealed they were talking, and literally having a conversation during their astral travels together. Despite being physically located in separate rooms, and isolated from each other.'

Spoiler

oh yeah, i'm into that kind of stuff, along with past life regression. as for the rob part, i knew pretty early on that rob and adele were the same person (adele said she didn't sleep, yet read up on night terrors via rob's book; adele was right handed in the flashbacks/left handed in the current time; the addiction to heroin). her motive for taking louise was something i had hoped for, once i found out i was correct. all in all, it reminded me of 90's thrillers like dead again and shattered. 

23 hours ago, Ike said:

You crazy, the last 4 episodes was some of the finest Star Wars since the original trilogy.  I just hope they don’t milk it to shit. Let’s see how the Boba Fett show goes. That’s next before season 3. 

Meh I thought it went a bit too far into fan service. Felt forced somewhat, as opposed to the rest of the series.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:
  Reveal hidden contents

oh yeah, i'm into that kind of stuff, along with past life regression. as for the rob part, i knew pretty early on that rob and adele were the same person (adele said she didn't sleep, yet read up on night terrors via rob's book; adele was right handed in the flashbacks/left handed in the current time; the addiction to heroin). her motive for taking louise was something i had hoped for, once i found out i was correct. all in all, it reminded me of 90's thrillers like dead again and shattered. 

Good finds. I should have been paying more attention.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Good finds. I should have been paying more attention.

ha, to be fair, i was told i would never predict the ending, so i was paying close attention to every single detail. i'm glad i did, because i feel like everything was executed quite well (minus the artistic depiction of a certain concept). those who say there were plot holes need to re-watch it. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Falcon and Winter Soldier started pretty slow, but so did Wandavision. I think they might  be doing the Black Captain America storyline in there somewhere. The dude they got to play the new Capt America looks like a goon. I hope he's a good actor because that reveal totally kills the vibe of the show so far. 

I’m liking Bucky’s storyline so far more than Sam’s. The whole storyline with the old Japanese man is fantastic. 

I do like Sam’s internal struggles though as it makes sense for the character. The opening action sequence was cool too and shows Sam isn’t a slouch. The sister side story seem lame though. I hope Rhodes isn’t a one off appearance and maybe Iron P

Also,  John Walker, the fake Captain America, is a comic book storyline, and the actor playing him is the quarterback from 22 Jump Street. Everyone hates him without saying a single world. I call that great acting. :mj: 

Really enjoying Falcon and Winter Soldier. Excited to see where the story is going. 

Also, halfway through Solar Opposites season 2 and really enjoying it. It’s just more of the same but that’s a good thing. This show is nice companion show to Rick and Morty. 

On 2021-03-24 at 8:47 PM, Ike said:

I’m liking Bucky’s storyline so far more than Sam’s. The whole storyline with the old Japanese man is fantastic. 

I do like Sam’s internal struggles though as it makes sense for the character. The opening action sequence was cool too and shows Sam isn’t a slouch. The sister side story seem lame though. I hope Rhodes isn’t a one off appearance and maybe Iron P

Also,  John Walker, the fake Captain America, is a comic book storyline, and the actor playing him is the quarterback from 22 Jump Street. Everyone hates him without saying a single world. I call that great acting. :mj: 

It's not great acting it's his dopey ass face. How this nigga even have eye balls to be an actor is beyond me.