What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

The final season of Jack Ryan was good, but a bit anticlimatic. It wasn't quite as large scale or epic as I expected, it almost feels like the show was supposed to continue but then they decided to just make this the final season and just end it.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

The Bear’s season 1 finale was excellent. Onto season 2! 

Season 2 is pretty good as well. It's a very cozy show despite every single person being a small wreck, but I guess that's what makes it feel real.

I've never worked at a restaurant but do remember a cook I used to date telling me how toxic the kitchen is, but it's Iike how they deal with the job. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Season 2 is pretty good as well. It's a very cozy show despite every single person being a small wreck, but I guess that's what makes it feel real.

I've never worked at a restaurant but do remember a cook I used to date telling me how toxic the kitchen is, but it's Iike how they deal with the job. 

I think season 2 (on ep 7) blows the first away. Significantly better character development and “the dinner” episode definitely warrants the hype. God damn that was cringy and masterful.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

The Bear’s season 2 finale was chaotic af. Overall, that was a spectacular season. 

Yeah, just watched it. It definitely hit hard. I get along with my gfs mother better than she does, and her JLC looks just like her mom with that hairstyle. So the scene with the mom outside of the restaurant really hit me. This season was fantastic. FX has been low key killing it the past few years. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • aitch 1
8 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Yeah, just watched it. It definitely hit hard. I get along with my gfs mother better than she does, and her JLC looks just like her mom with that hairstyle. So the scene with the mom outside of the restaurant really hit me. This season was fantastic. FX has been low key killing it the past few years. 

Substance abuse runs in my family, so several of the arcs hit hard for me too. Still, even with the chaos, I laughed quite a bit and found myself either cheering or worrying about each character. Really great stuff. 

I also love Richies arch. Honestly, everyone on the show gets some good moments and a bit of focus. Also What we do in the Shadows is back as well. Tonight is the Gemstones. I remember the old days when there was nothing to watching during the summer. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Substance abuse runs in my family, so several of the arcs hit hard for me too. Still, even with the chaos, I laughed quite a bit and found myself either cheering or worrying about each character. Really great stuff. 

It's probably one of most human shows on TV. I love the fights they have but still with love. I'm the newest member of my gfs family events, so I get along with everyone but have had to be a human buffer with her and her sisters before. So the last two episodes were kind of cathartic. 

Then Carms worries about a relationship vs job thing also felt close to home. I'm glad I waited for all eps to drop. Although it's a show I can't binge more than two eps at a time. They pack alot into an episode. Even when I dont identify with a character, I like them all so want the best for them lol. 

• Like 1

Finished the first season of Lost. I thought I had watched most of this first season when it came out but I guess I only caught bits and pieces of it, because most of it felt new to me.

This show is still seriously impressive nowadays :obama:

The scale and ambition of the story in terms of how they present all of the characters and their backstories is something that even most show nowadays can't do due to time and money constraints. In fact its kind of unbelievable that ABC of all networks not only produced this but also let the creators go ahead with ~25 episode seasons.

Anyway onwards to season 2 :smoke: 

The Pilot for Lost is still one of the most incredible show openers ever. (Also, still one of the most expensive episodes of television ever made.) 

Just know there’s a bit of a drop off in the first half of season 3. Please let us know @Twinbladewhen you watch the season 3 finale. It’s my personal favorite season finale for a tv program ever. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Ike said:

The Pilot for Lost is still one of the most incredible show openers ever. (Also, still one of the most expensive episodes of television ever made.) 

Just know there’s a bit of a drop off in the first half of season 3. Please let us know @Twinbladewhen you watch the season 3 finale. It’s my personal favorite season finale for a tv program ever. 

Yeah even though I feel like I was one of the few who skipped most of it originally I remember people saying it got progressively worse with time. I actually think I remember people on this very forum shitting on the show when it was still airing :D 

Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah even though I feel like I was one of the few who skipped the show at the time I remember people saying it got progressively worse with time. I actually think I remember people on this very forum shitting on the show when it was still airing :D 

It changes things up as it goes on and goes a little more science fiction than some people liked I think. But the twists and revelations are still some of the best around. This show still has the my favorite moment in any show I’ve ever seen. Also, season 4 gave us one of the best episodes of television ever at the time. They definitely could have trimmed it down nowadays but they were under order for 24 episodes so we get filler sometimes. 

Also, you sick of Kate yet? :mjgrin:

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Ike said:

It changes things up as it goes on and goes a little more science fiction than some people liked I think. But the twists and revelations are still some of the best around. This show still has the my favorite moment in any show I’ve ever seen. Also, season 4 gave us one of the best episodes of television ever at the time. They definitely could have trimmed it down nowadays but they were under order for 24 episodes so we get filler sometimes. 

Also, you sick of Kate yet? :mjgrin:

Im still not sure what her deal is, but she's kind of hot so ill keep tolerating her :smoke: 

6 hours ago, Ike said:

This looks phenomenal. Always love new IP for sci-fi. Also it was announced today that Hans Zimmer is doing the soundtrack. :wow2:

Robots can’t be kids so I would have shot the minute I saw it, is it supposed to be a hybrid? Movie looks interesting 

On 2023-07-17 at 5:32 PM, Twinblade said:

Im still not sure what her deal is, but she's kind of hot so ill keep tolerating her :smoke: 

Her and the doctor are the least annoying characters on the show so far to me.

I stopped halfway through of season 1 on ep 12 cause of the commercials bothering me but I might go back to it eventually

• Upvote 1